Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About TS4: Get Famous

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I noticed that the blog differentiates fans AND stans. Maybe a new trait that leads to over the top obsessive behavior?

Any new traits would be welcome. It's something this game definitely needs more of, imo.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I noticed the blog says, "Each sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level."

I hope they mean just their premades. I don't want every sim who happens to live in DSV to be given a Public Image automatically due to where they live. :/

It's been confirmed that that's what they mean.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I noticed the blog says, "Each sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level."

I hope they mean just their premades. I don't want every sim who happens to live in DSV to be given a Public Image automatically due to where they live. :/

It's been confirmed that that's what they mean.

Yay, thank you! Now I won't worry. 😊 I want to play celebs, but I wanted to have more room for my regular sims too. I'm always running out of space it seems.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm excited for it and I love the new world, but I'm hoping we get cinemas and pool tables. It would be the perfect pack to add cinemas since we are getting an acting career. Pool tables were added in Showtime in TS3 so it would make sense to add them in this pack, and they are a good space filler in mansions, either in a large open room, mezanine or game room (I used to do that a lot in TS3), but I'm worried they might not included since there weren't any in the trailer.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I'm excited for it and I love the new world, but I'm hoping we get cinemas and pool tables. It would be the perfect pack to add cinemas since we are getting an acting career. Pool tables were added in Showtime in TS3 so it would make sense to add them in this pack, and they are a good space filler in mansions, either in a large open room, mezanine or game room (I used to do that a lot in TS3), but I'm worried they might not included since there weren't any in the trailer.

The trailer didn't show a lot, so I wouldn't judge what the pack does or doesn't have based on it. Future trailers are likely to show a lot more of the content we'll get.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Another pack that's named "Get...".

Apparently the next pack allows you to play as Michael Caine in the criminal underworld. It's going to be called "Get Carter".
  • Lexx223Lexx223 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm actually really excited about Get Famous. I love the exclusive clubs and the red carpet stuff looks pretty neat, and all of the CAS items look great. In the Sims 3, my favorite playstyle was to play rich and famous families and have them go through the types of drama that real celebrities do irl, so I'm excited to finally be able to do those types of things in the Sims 4.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm excited and intrigued to see what this upcoming week brings for us.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    I'm excited and intrigued to see what this upcoming week brings for us.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hate when they name with ''get'' :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lexx223 wrote: »
    I'm actually really excited about Get Famous. I love the exclusive clubs and the red carpet stuff looks pretty neat, and all of the CAS items look great. In the Sims 3, my favorite playstyle was to play rich and famous families and have them go through the types of drama that real celebrities do irl, so I'm excited to finally be able to do those types of things in the Sims 4.

Does this mean the VIP lounges etc. will be just as empty as those in TS3? Because only a handful or less who had enough star power was allowed to show up at those clubs. If I recall there was a lot of complaining about empty VIP clubs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Does this mean the VIP lounges etc. will be just as empty as those in TS3? Because only a handful or less who had enough star power was allowed to show up at those clubs. If I recall there was a lot of complaining about empty VIP clubs.

I think part of the issue with the empty lots in TS3 was simply that the game didn't populate them very well for some reason. It was like that for most, if not all, community lots IIRC. TS4 has always been a lot better at populating community lots than TS3 was, so hopefully that means that VIP lounges will be no different.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    Cinebar wrote: »

I think part of the issue with the empty lots in TS3 was simply that the game didn't populate them very well for some reason. It was like that for most, if not all, community lots IIRC. TS4 has always been a lot better at populating community lots than TS3 was, so hopefully that means that VIP lounges will be no different.

No, VIP lots could only be populated by Sims who were celebs and of a certain level. TS3 is based on your pc, processor, and video card, but also code to allow those who were of a certain status only. TS4 uses the rule no more than twenty Sims in the building or outside in the area. With a VIP club, I'm wondering how many actually show up. Like since GT only three ghosts etc on ghost night etc. I wonder if this EP is coded in the same way with a limit of two or three other celebs of VIP status.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I just laugh when I think of their live streams, :) they never seem to know anything about anything, in the EP or whatever. they just fumble through them unrehearsed as it seems. lol :D
    So I will have to wait on the youtube Game changers to tell me what's what, and if it's a good buy or not, They mostly all tell the truth, and I already know the yes ones that just agree to agree.
    Because I did not want this EP, I will give them one shot with me. Win or lose. I will not care.

I do like that they did give us something to at least to hope for. So I will be hoping for a hit,<3 , not a miss. :|
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I just laugh when I think of their live streams, :) they never seem to know anything about anything, in the EP or whatever. they just fumble through them unrehearsed as it seems. lol :D
    So I will have to wait on the youtube Game changers to tell me what's what, and if it's a good buy or not, They mostly all tell the truth, and I already know the yes ones that just agree to agree.
    Because I did not want this EP, I will give them one shot with me. Win or lose. I will not care.

I do like that they did give us something to at least to hope for. So I will be hoping for a hit,<3 , not a miss. :|

That's a good attitude. There's always the next pack. Hopefully. :)
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I loved that pack also... I loved all of it but for the fan that creepy fan. it had the movie sets, it had the music sets.. it had it all and it was so
    fun also. you didn't have the rumors also...

The Sims Superstar had an obsessed fan who was so persistent...that some fans created mods to chase him away.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I loved that pack also... I loved all of it but for the fan that creepy fan. it had the movie sets, it had the music sets.. it had it all and it was so

The Sims Superstar had an obsessed fan who was so persistent...that some fans created mods to chase him away.

Who would want to get rid of the obsessed fan?? I was always waiting and wishing for him to appear so he would leave the roses for me to make the Superstar charm with Makin' Magic to get my Sim to 4/5 star rating! :joy:
    edited October 2018
    Holiday wrote: »

Who would want to get rid of the obsessed fan?? I was always waiting and wishing for him to appear so he would leave the roses for me to make the Superstar charm with Makin' Magic to get my Sim to 4/5 star rating! :joy:

In TS4 these Sims are much more social whether they need to be or not. So a bunch of fans hanging around interrupting our Sims or butting i nto more conversations like when our Sims are out with their dates etc. isn't something I would want to see. But I fear this game may work exactly like that, because we already know townies interrupt our Sims all the time in this game. Not sure I would want that (more crazed Sims chasing our Sims) in my game and no way to play without the EP once you install it.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I thought it was Get Rich & Famous, But its just Get Famous Ohh, I wonder if after we get Famous can we get unfamous if we wanted to? just for peace if nothing else, And still live there I would like that more. I do not like famous, but rich yes. Famous is bad for your health, and the paparazzi are crazy stalkers that may kill you or cause your death over getting your picture. Even your fans can cause your death, so they would need bodyguards, It would be a good time to bring back police So that when a crazy fan trying to break into your home you could call them. I hope they do not add a new death, like Death by Paparazzi or stalker fans.

A lot of simmers bought the vampire pack for the furniture the build objects, then when they are harassed by the vampires they want a way to turn them off, but EA does not provide a way for that and from what @Cinebar said, the fan could be something we get sick of fast, I know if that happened to me every day in my game I would regret buying the New get famous pack, and worst no provisions to remove it.
    Meeting up with crazy fans will ruin your gameplay to me. soon we would try to avoid that part if its even possible, I know vampires can go to any city, so sure the new ones can as well.
    So that would kind of end the game for me. Your trying to enjoy a day out or go on a date would Have to end fast we can not control townies, I would hate to lose the enjoyment of playing a game I spent so much money on and have to stop playing. We have babies and toddlers in our games, we have families and homes we do not want our families in danger or harassed.
    And we were well into getting seasons before I saw them prevent a little girl Sim from changing her outfit outside in the cold as other sims games can. Why,? Because they wanted the ability to kill her. who wants their child to die and say oh wow that was so cool the way EA just kill that little girl froze her to death. No, it was not cool EA.

This is another downside of us being in the dark of what in our future packs, and all pass promises just turned off, like we have no rights? they patch at will into our game whatever they wish. Since patches and unwanted content can cause new problems in your games in the form of bugs, we should have the right to remove what we do not want, also to refuse some patches. Why force us to get patches and bug fixes for Packs we do not even own, they would cause us to have unusual bugs and problems, and no help because the problem will be unique to just your game, and not worth helping just one person.?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

I thought it was Get Rich & Famous, But its just Get Famous Ohh, I wonder if after we get Famous can we get unfamous if we wanted to? just for peace if nothing else, And still live there I would like that more. I do not like famous, but rich yes. Famous is bad for your health, and the paparazzi are crazy stalkers that may kill you or cause your death over getting your picture. Even your fans can cause your death, so they would need bodyguards, It would be a good time to bring back police So that when a crazy fan trying to break into your home you could call them. I hope they do not add a new death, like Death by Paparazzi or stalker fans.

A lot of simmers bought the vampire pack for the furniture the build objects, then when they are harassed by the vampires they want a way to turn them off, but EA does not provide a way for that and from what @Cinebar said, the fan could be something we get sick of fast, I know if that happened to me every day in my game I would regret buying the New get famous pack, and worst no provisions to remove it.
    Meeting up with crazy fans will ruin your gameplay to me. soon we would try to avoid that part if its even possible, I know vampires can go to any city, so sure the new ones can as well.
    So that would kind of end the game for me. Your trying to enjoy a day out or go on a date would Have to end fast we can not control townies, I would hate to lose the enjoyment of playing a game I spent so much money on and have to stop playing. We have babies and toddlers in our games, we have families and homes we do not want our families in danger or harassed.
    And we were well into getting seasons before I saw them prevent a little girl Sim from changing her outfit outside in the cold as other sims games can. Why,? Because they wanted the ability to kill her. who wants their child to die and say oh wow that was so cool the way EA just kill that little girl froze her to death. No, it was not cool EA.

This is another downside of us being in the dark of what in our future packs, and all pass promises just turned off, like we have no rights? they patch at will into our game whatever they wish. Since patches and unwanted content can cause new problems in your games in the form of bugs, we should have the right to remove what we do not want, also to refuse some patches. Why force us to get patches and bug fixes for Packs we do not even own, they would cause us to have unusual bugs and problems, and no help because the problem will be unique to just your game, and not worth helping just one person.?

Just by the way, in the vampire pack you can prevent vampires from coming into your home by hanging garlic.

Also, you can delete the vampires that come with the new world. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the game generates new vampires like in sims 3.
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    The Vampires can show up any time at your home they can break in your house they can turn you into one of them. they walk around at night or early morning before light and be on your friends' list just like the ghost. You do not have to be their friend either.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    ssophia wrote: »
    I would of loved if children & teens were able to "get famous" highly unlikely, due to the trailer on showing adult sims living that life style but I feel like that takes a realistic factor away since there is a large amount of working children and teens in the industry? it's just a let down for me honestly..

I think children and teens will be able to be social media stars.
    edited October 2018
    mika wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    ssophia wrote: »
    I would of loved if children & teens were able to "get famous" highly unlikely, due to the trailer on showing adult sims living that life style but I feel like that takes a realistic factor away since there is a large amount of working children and teens in the industry? it's just a let down for me honestly..

I think children and teens will be able to be social media stars.

I hope they can become famous for their skills as well. That might not work for kids, as they have different skills than everyone else, but it would for teens. I'm sure befriending other celebrities will also raise their fame level.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    Kids and teens can get famous from Drama club and there parents being famous from what I read so far.