Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much do you care for your sims' safety?

Comments

• takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    The more death, the better!
    There's such a small risk of death that I take death whenever I can haha
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't care much about my sims' safety. I even occasionally kill off a sim myself.
    Sims meeting horrible and untimely ends is a staple of gameplay since 2000. While I try not to get too carried away with it -- a town of corpses is no fun to play -- I will drop the occasional Burst of Anger in the middle of a crowded venue and watch the chain of cardiac explosions. This goes doubly if there are a number of generated NPCs there. They're red shirts anyway; it's what they're for.
  • ajmstiltajmstilt Posts: 7 New Member
    I try to keep my sims safe and may plead with the reaper, but I won't go into "extreme sim-parenting mode".
    I can't help myself, my Sims dying feels like a failure on my part as their "watcher". So while I won't stop a townie form dying, and I won't necessarily undo an untimely death, I will try and protect my played Sims as best i can.
  • Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2018
    I make sure my sims are ok, but if they die I don't try to change that. If they die, it's their own fault!
    I enjoy unexpected twists and turns, it adds a flavor of realism. I had a sim unexpectedly die of anger (on her birthday no less!) and I could not stop laughing. I think I actually had her mom beg for her life (just because accidental deaths are so rare, I wanted to see what would happen), but it didn't work and I was fine with it. things happen :)
    Post edited by Lianuh1104 on
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited October 2018
    hmm none of the options fit me I think..lol Some of my Sims die because they messed with the wrong Sim. Some of my Sims have died randomly and they stay dead. I like random deaths and I wish there were more. On a rare occasion I will quit without saving to save someone really important to my Sim story but they have to be really really important.

I am sort of disappointed how many times my sims have survived when they caught fire. (not by my doing btw LOL)
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I make sure my sims are ok, but if they die I don't try to change that. If they die, it's their own fault!
    I’d still appreciate if my sims could stop going outside in thunderstorms (which shouldn’t even be happening, I disabled those because I think they caused some freezing in the city). Also I get nervous when I see sims eating pufferfish nigiri, but whatever. I guess the food stand’s version can’t kill.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It's kinda hard for that to happen, by the way. I miss the OG level of difficulty lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I let nothing bad happen to my sims! If something does, I quit without saving!
    I invest a lot of time into my sims and have a storyline I want to play out, so I’m pretty protective over them. If they died, it would ruin my story and probably make me a little sad. That’s why I also play with aging off. I haven’t had any accidental deaths, but if one of my sims died, I’d exit out of the game without saving.

If a townie dies, I wouldn’t care as much unless it’s one I really want in the game. One time the repair woman died from electrocution in my sims’ house. I was horrified. Also, Grim creeps me out and I didn’t want him in my sims’ relationship panel (this was before I started using MCCC). So I exited the game so I could bring her back. But in another situation, an elder police officer sim died from running on the treadmill in the police department. I allowed it to play out because I had no attachment to her.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I just try to keep them alive long enough to pass on their genetics.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    I tend to get attached to my sim families, so I'll do what it takes to save them. If they die on me, I don't save and I start it again. This happened one time to my favorite family, the Zests. The dad died on his daughters birthday, so I quit and started it again.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Hahaha your mom though. I try to keep them safe but if they die, they die. I did use the wishing well to bring my dead husband back at some point. He died outta nowhere watching the comedy channel! And my sim had just fallen pregnant. Was tragic :lol:

The random deaths can be fun. They don't happen much around me tbh. It's just exciting when the camera randomly pans over and plays that sound and your heart actually stops for a sec hahaha. You're like "Omg what's this? What's happening? O someone DEAD"
  • Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    I tend to play sims for the drama of it all but also I don't like to torment my sims so I'm in the middle here lol.
  • ssophiassophia Posts: 6 New Member
    i'm a helicopter parent for sure! I did not spend hours creating my dream sims, with the perfect outfits, and perfectly decorated house that I spent hours on for them to die. NO WAY! I have my aging off as well because I mostly always have a story in mind and them aging up would completely ruin everything. However I haven't actually had any accidental deaths in the Sims 4 so if it was a background character I may let it happen but my main family? Absolutely not...
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm a micro manager by nature. Its hard for me not to interfere with their life/death, but I typically let whatever will happen, happen. If they die they get a funeral.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It's weird I'm (sometimes) a deviant player but I want total control. Bad things don't happen to my played sim usually.. and not without me wanting it too. I'll usually exit without saving if something goes somewhere that I don't want it too. I might think about it while it's paused though and try to figure out if it's okay that it happened. Like if a sim dies unexpected that I'm playing without a family member living with them to move them in.. yes I'll exit without saving. Now if bad stuff happens to an NPC or townie that I don't have a future for it's fine. Actually not sure what to vote for here.. because option 1 seems like I only want to play happy, joy, joy .. when really I just want to control my story.

I too pause my game when death or other unexpected things occur. I need a little moment to consider my options and think where they might take the story.

I wish there were more random events disrupting my plans. I have never had to exit the game without saving (other than because if a bug). Never even had a totally unexpected death and I really wish there were some.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I make sure my sims are ok. I don't play with aging on any more and my sims live very long lives and their stories change. But if an accident happens, it happens. The story suddenly changes and I take it from there.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I try to keep my sims safe and may plead with the reaper, but I won't go into "extreme sim-parenting mode".
    I try to keep my main sims healthy and happy but if they die from a freak accident like fire or lightning I just let it happen
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I was meant to choose the "I let nothing bad happen to my sims! If something does, I quit without saving!" option lol! I've been seen before crying over a sim that has died to sum it up really! :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=3563184
    giphy_1.gif
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Since I dote on my Sims as I am their creator, I make sure to keep any of the Sims I don't want dying too soon (or not at all) relatively safe; if an accident occurs, I know how to take care of it, barring using cheats if necessary. Most other sims I didn't create myself I leave to their own devices (and their deaths if it happens).
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Ja_rdeJa_rde Posts: 19 Member
    I get bored with the death by old age I wish it was more random.. If my sims die I don't do anything to prevent or bring them back well only one time it was the 4th of July my daughter who was a child during this time almost died from catching on fire watching fireworks other then that I let them go lol
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Once in a while, I'll have my sim plead for their loved one if I feel that their partner left too early in the relationship. But what usually happens is that they turn around and die again. Those I will leave to their fate. For story purposes I have purposely killed off, that was until I learned there was a cheat so I don't have to kill them off.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I keep my sims as safe as possible but when they die, they die. I haven't had an accidental deaths, except for one when my man died of embarrassment when rejected for marriage proposal.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I micromanage everything. If my sim dies, it's because I've planned it to happen so that it goes along with the story I'm trying to create.

It's COMPLETELY unacceptable for my sims to do anything that I haven't told them to do. xD Including dying.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited October 2018
    I do everything I can to protect them but if something were to happen out of my control, I keep it because it just adds to the story. Now I have a couple of sims I will not accept them dying and would completely start over.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I like my sims to be as autonomous as possible (even turning on autonomy for things that are normally off) because I love to see randomness happening in my game.

Sometimes that randomness causes a low-skill cooking fire, or means a sim wants to jog during a heatwave, and they may end up regretting that decision.

I like to wait and see if they deal with fires alone... If they don't, I let more stuff burn before I attempt to put it out (so they suffer financially at least), and sometime sims step into the flames they are trying to extinguish because of a misclick etc.

If they die, and I care about them, I plead with Grimmy, but I don't use Death Flowers. The final decision is his, after all (guy's gotta make a living, right?) I don't generally plead if I'm indifferent (with MCCC I can have the orphaned kids adopted out and follow them in their new home if I want).

Some sims I actively try and kill... Looking at you, Ewwliza.