Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flat glass roofs?

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in this image showing off the terrain tools the roof looks completely flat. It doesn't seem to be in an angle at all, not even the lowest option. Also, it doesn't seem to be made out of low fences but actual roofs since you can see the glass. Are we getting completely flat glass roofs besides the terrain tools in the next patch?
1.jpg

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It doesn't look flat to me. If you look closely at the back of the house you can see a bit of the glass sticking out where it wouldn't be if it were flat.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in this image showing off the terrain tools the roof looks completely flat. It doesn't seem to be in an angle at all, not even the lowest option. Also, it doesn't seem to be made out of low fences but actual roofs since you can see the glass. Are we getting completely flat glass roofs besides the terrain tools in the next patch?
    1.jpg

Yes the roof looks flat to me as well and I love the shape of that house.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    All someone would have to do for a flat glass roof is apply the roof pattern directly to the ceiling of the top floor without adding a roof. I've don it before.
    image.png
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    All someone would have to do for a flat glass roof is apply the roof pattern directly to the ceiling of the top floor without adding a roof. I've don it before.
    I've tried that before when the Seasons patch came out but it doesn't work for glass roofs, it only works with some of the roof textures. I have just tried it again now just in case they added this option in a recent patch and I missed it but it wasn't the case as it didn't work either.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    That roof isn't flat. There's a roof top but it's almost invisible from that angle. But you can see a thin line.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I've tried that before when the Seasons patch came out but it doesn't work for glass roofs, it only works with some of the roof textures. I have just tried it again now just in case they added this option in a recent patch and I missed it but it wasn't the case as it didn't work either.

I must have remembered wrong. Sorry.
    image.png
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yeah it's just a normal roof that's very low down so it looks flat from that particular angle.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yeah, you guys were right. In the stream they showed this house and there you can clearly see that the roof is not flat. The angle in the picture made it look like it was flat.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's just the greenhouse roof pushed to it's lowest level.

I like to use those glass dance floor objects. For me, they make great skylights and come in 3x3, 4x4 or 5x5, so if I build a house in multiples of three or four or five, I can fill the roof with them. But usually I leave at least one tile of solid roof around the outside. It just looks better IMO.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    That roof isn't flat. There's a roof top but it's almost invisible from that angle. But you can see a thin line.

Yes, I think you're right, that grey line just above the palm tree on the left. Slight hint of other faint lines not showing up much because of the build view. Pity though.

You could still hope as any Patch or Expansion additions would be embargoed at the moment.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Looking at the path up the slope, that's exactly the kind of thing that's going to turn up routing problems.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    1.jpg

but can't you make roofs almost completely flat anyway?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    1.jpg

I noticed that straight away when they were uploading the hints. I did ask about it on Twitter but no one replied, so I can't say for sure, to me it looks flat.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    1.jpg

Not right now :/
    2UFyFUV.png

• Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's just the greenhouse roof pushed to it's lowest level.

I like to use those glass dance floor objects. For me, they make great skylights and come in 3x3, 4x4 or 5x5, so if I build a house in multiples of three or four or five, I can fill the roof with them. But usually I leave at least one tile of solid roof around the outside. It just looks better IMO.

Me too, but I was having issues with rain and snow showing in the room below the dance floor when it was used as a skylight - that was right after Seasons was released. I haven't checked to see if that has changed since the last 3 patches (I've been dealing with the AMD GPU shadow bug and avoiding live mode).
  • EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    I used to be able to do greenhouse looking roofs but the option is gone for me now. Not sure where they went! If love a flat one like that though!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope we get flat glass roofs soon!
    a256aFi.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    1.jpg

I noticed that straight away when they were uploading the hints. I did ask about it on Twitter but no one replied, so I can't say for sure, to me it looks flat.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    1.jpg

Not right now :/

I meant this type of flat roof already in the game!
    I see now, I to would like proper flat roofs but find this a temporary fix

ovbMose.png
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon