Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which gender do you play with the most?

Comments

• ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2018
    Male
    Although I am almost equal in playing both, I just find creating men in the Sims 4 a bit more challenging with the fewer options they have :(:D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Male
    Male sims. I'm much better at making male sims than female sims. Also, I have a lot of CC for male sims and very few for female sims. I've created a lot of households in The Sims 4 with just a male sim, but I don't think I've ever created a household with just a female sim. And I understand nothing about makeup so I usually use the same ones for all female sims.
  • ajmstiltajmstilt Posts: 7 New Member
    Female
    Females. I'm a male IRL, and it's somehow easier for me to suspend my disbelief with female Sims.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Female
    I prefer female sims, I guess just because I am female. I do enjoy playing a male sim occasionally, for something different.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Other..
    I mostly play legacy, so I play whoever is born next :)
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Male
    Mostly gay male couples.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Male
    Mostly gay male couples.
    Lol, this is a majority of of my families, pretty much (and they all have kids of both genders).

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Male
    I mostly play male sims, but when they start a family their children have to be females. I can't stand male children for some reason.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited October 2018
    Male
    I try to have things even but most of my main sims happens to be male. Maybe 'cause I tend to project more on them.

Men are all deeply flawed and the women are usually superheroes in my game haha It's just that villains give more story in the end. I'm still figuring this out.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Other..
    Both?
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Female
    I tend to play female and my legacy family heirs are about 99% female too. But then, I am female and that is where I relate. I also play traditional families with a dad, mom, and two to 4 kids (no more than 6 sim slots or my game lags too much).
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Other..
    I have to say other because I am a rotational player. Whatever household is next is next...could be male or female or a couple or a family..
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Female
    I mostly make female sims because I’m not good at making male sims. I still play any sons they have though.
  • Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    Other..
    I play generationally so I get what I get, lol. I always randomize the traits and aspirations, so there are a lot of factors that go into who becomes the 'heir' of that generation - traits, aspiration, if the traits and aspiration line up or not, if i've played any of those recently, how they look... etc. Sex is never a factor in that decision, so it ends up being pretty even.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Male
    My main Sims are always male because I prefer their voice options and walk styles. Their hair and clothing options are sure limited though. I still wish they'd revisit the hairstyle that has cat ears and take the ears off.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Male
    I am female but I generally prefer to play males.
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Female
    Yeah, female. It's just more fun for me. I actually pretty much never play male but I just started a new save a few days ago as a single dad with a toddler daughter and it's so fun. I got him from gallery so he was already pretty skilled in some stuff and in the doctor career which made it easier to jump into playing male. No idea why I don't play them normally. I just don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a daughter. Just be working, going to gym and fishing :lol: but I haven't even thought of storytelling til now. I'll be playing them more for sure once Get Famous comes out! I love dressing them well and making their houses/rooms over though lol
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Male
    Mostly gay male couples.

This is what I end up with as well, not always intentional, but always fun and interesting. Overall, I do play more male sims. I just don't think females are that fun to play, even though they have more options in hairstyle and clothing. I just have more favorites among the guys, the females are just there as "background" :o

I'm also female irl. Not that I want to reduce my guys to mere eyecandy, but I do find them more pleasing to look at :)
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Female
    I start off with a female but then as I go on, I pick the most beautiful & would have an interesting story line to be the heir.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I play both but I often pick female heirs more than male heirs. I like to play legacy style (10 generations of sims). My female heirs always marry men and my male heirs always marry women. So I play both pretty equally I guess.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Female
    I would say that I play females about 60% of the time. I like making male sims more but I like playing females more.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    Male
    just in general I tend to play male characters. I'm not sure why TBH XD
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Other..
    I am very much 50/50. I play with both equally it seems judging by all my households. Interesting to see what everyone else does. Good poll!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Female
    I find it more fun to style girls and have them meet handsome male sims, although I'm trying to play with more males
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Female
    Females, only because I find it waaay easier to decorate their home.