Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims studio won't export mesh to Blender

Everytime i try to export a mesh to blender it says that it's not installed even though blender is. I've read I need to make sure the Sims studio plugin is on inside of blender but when I go to blender preferences and try to find the add on tab it's not there. Can someone help me? The blender guide isn't updated to 2.8 so it's showing me what 2.7 preference tab is and it looks nothing like what I have so I'm stuck.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i could be wrong, but isn't 2.7 required for use with s4s?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    That's what I was reading but I can't find it for download anywhere. Do you know where I can download it from?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
  • Options
    You are awesome. I was there but couldn't get to those versions. It was just showing recent versions of 2.8. Sometimes I feel so not tech savvy.
  • Options
    SpixieSimSpixieSim Posts: 28 New Member
    > @ashleyl2203 said:
    > Everytime i try to export a mesh to blender it says that it's not installed even though blender is. I've read I need to make sure the Sims studio plugin is on inside of blender but when I go to blender preferences and try to find the add on tab it's not there. Can someone help me? The blender guide isn't updated to 2.8 so it's showing me what 2.7 preference tab is and it looks nothing like what I have so I'm stuck.

Have you found out how to add the plug in? I am having the same problem?
  • Options
    SpixieSim wrote: »
    > @ashleyl2203 said:
    > Everytime i try to export a mesh to blender it says that it's not installed even though blender is. I've read I need to make sure the Sims studio plugin is on inside of blender but when I go to blender preferences and try to find the add on tab it's not there. Can someone help me? The blender guide isn't updated to 2.8 so it's showing me what 2.7 preference tab is and it looks nothing like what I have so I'm stuck.

Have you found out how to add the plug in? I am having the same problem?

Yes I think you have to download an older version of blender!
    The link is above that someone helped me with!
  • Options
    coffeeandkittenscoffeeandkittens Posts: 0 New Member
    Sorry for posting on an old thread! I'm brand new here and I don't know where else to post;;

Anyway, I have a little issue with my Sims 4 Studios. When I try to export a mesh, a message about Blender not being installed comes up, no matter what. I have blender 2.7 installed, so that shouldn't be a problem, but, alas, here I am. I tried reinstalling both blender and sims 4 studios, but it's not working.

Any tips?
  • Options
    Joythe4ThJoythe4Th Posts: 1 New Member
    > @coffeeandkittens said:
    > Sorry for posting on an old thread! I'm brand new here and I don't know where else to post;;
    >
    > Anyway, I have a little issue with my Sims 4 Studios. When I try to export a mesh, a message about Blender not being installed comes up, no matter what. I have blender 2.7 installed, so that shouldn't be a problem, but, alas, here I am. I tried reinstalling both blender and sims 4 studios, but it's not working.
    >
    > Any tips?

Hey did you ever figure it out? A year later I still haven't.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @coffeeandkittens and @Joythe4Th you may have better luck posting your questions at Sims 4 Studio.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @coffeeandkittens I have been having issues exporting meshes to blender too however, I found a work around, open it as a regular file and whatever your trying to mod, copy it and paste it to your current project.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Ke_nna_ThebeKe_nna_Thebe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, this can be quickly fixed by clicking on the settings button on the toolbar then changing the Blender Path. The program is exporting to Blender but cant find it because the path is wrong.

P.s. the path should lead to the blender.exe (e.g. D:\Programs\Blender\blender.exe)