Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited October 2018
    If it's the same old system as it was in TS3, you'll be famous if you know the right amount of famous people and getting stars for it.
    No matter what your profession is. It is important who you are friendly with.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    I saw others comment on this thread and in another saying that there is a “level 11 career” where they gain fame. Where was this info taken from? I’m curious because I missed that.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    SimGuruGraham he also confirmed open mic night, dance off, busking, karaoke, Djing, selling art can make you famous.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I saw others comment on this thread and in another saying that there is a “level 11 career” where they gain fame. Where was this info taken from? I’m curious because I missed that.

Level 11 in a career is pure speculation. At this point, we don't know when your Sims will start gaining fame.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    SimGuruGraham he also confirmed open mic night, dance off, busking, karaoke, Djing, selling art can make you famous.

Is open mic night already in game?
  • Options
    I know that a mic is. the one that you do comedy and sing with.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    SimguruGraham on twitter said past sims(premades) won’t have celebrity status because players might have their own storyline with them already. But that you can make them famous. I don’t want to go all around the world giving certain sims. Oh well it’s off putting but this is not my deal breaker, still looking forward to that Fame and Reputation live stream
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/1050487963128188929
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    SimguruGraham on twitter said past sims(premades) won’t have celebrity status because players might have their own storyline with them already. But that you can make them famous. I don’t want to go all around the world giving certain sims. Oh well it’s off putting but this is not my deal breaker, still looking forward to that Fame and Reputation live stream

But fame and rep will be saved to a sim when uploaded to the gallery . I’m just gonna wait till people start reuploading there interpretations of famous premades and replace them.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

I have 10 families in rotation, and I would be very annoyed if some of them became famous without my choosing it. It's possible that there will be a cheat to add fame to Sims already in the game.
  • Options
    I hope there was a cheat to add Fame or took it away...
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I wish they could somehow tie celebrities into Geekcon and a couple would show up on site and you could meet them and have your picture taken with them like at real cons.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    My questions are...

Are the clubs different from what we got in GT and are there new objects associated with clubs such as pool tables.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    so for a famous detective would being famous interfere with his/her job? Does a grandchild of famous grandparent get famous or do he/she have to "make their own way"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member

You can become famous for your job, your skills, or other elements that haven't been fully covered yet. Some people thought that you unlocked fame as "level 11" of other careers. Smart money says that fame can be influenced by your career if you buy in, but that it's a separate track that doesn't change the basics of advancing.
    SimguruGraham on twitter said past sims(premades) won’t have celebrity status because players might have their own storyline with them already. But that you can make them famous. I don’t want to go all around the world giving certain sims.

If you've never played her before, Penny Pizzazz is basically an instagram celebrity. In your save you might have turned her into a stay at home mom, and in my save with unplayed aging on she's long dead. Giving her an assigned fame level is just asking for added complication.

Add in the fact that people down the line might well add packs to their game in an unknown order, having elements in one pack backfit to characters in others sounds like a hassle. Better to have each pack's neighborhood full of characters showcase that pack's big elements, and let people adjust to taste later.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    so for a famous detective would being famous interfere with his/her job? Does a grandchild of famous grandparent get famous or do he/she have to "make their own way"?

Reasonable predictions: You have to take specific action to become famous, although things like "famous secret agent" will work by cartoony sims logic instead of real world logic. And while certain things like being born to famous parents can boost your basic fame score, that's just a few points out of the many you'll need to hit the heights.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

If they are the grandchild of celebrities, that means at least one of their parents is also famous, to some degree, as they would have inherited some of their parents fame, so the grandchild would probably be famous to a degree as well, but they would earn their fame points from their own parent(s), not their grandparent(s). At least, that's how I imagine it would work based off of what we have heard from the gurus.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Will actors in a romance scene at work gain in the romantic relationship or will they know it’s merely part of the job?
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member

Gosh those devs have such a harsh tone the introduction to that tweet could have been a lot softer ... thank god I don’t have Twitter else I would be challenging them on their approach when speaking to their consumers ! It’s disgusting
  • Options
    Garethlex wrote: »

Gosh those devs have such a harsh tone the introduction to that tweet could have been a lot softer ... thank god I don’t have Twitter else I would be challenging them on their approach when speaking to their consumers ! It’s disgusting
    Graham isn’t harsh on anyone on twitter though, he’s really friendly. It’s your interpretation of his tweet. If you’ve seen streams where he’s been included in the past you’ll be able to imagine his tone.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    To be honest a lot of questions they have to reply to seem obvious or have been answered already. And people ask them over and over again because they "heard" something and it's easier to bother a real person than to read a forum or a fansite or even their previous tweets.
    I appreciate the fact that they interact with the community, I don't appreciate that the community in question does not care about what information is already available and just asks it again because they're too entitled to bother staying informed.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

What was harsh? I've said very similar to my studer: "let me be clear about what is expected..." In what way is that harsh. I think it allows no room for misinterpretation. Because I've seen many simmers take one word and run away with it. I thought he was clearly stating facts. He's not responsible for your reactions.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

If you think that’s harsh I can only imagine how you view the rest of the world lol. 😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Will actors in a romance scene at work gain in the romantic relationship or will they know it’s merely part of the job?

That's an interesting point. Never even thought of that.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Posted in the wrong thread, but can't seem to delete the post.

Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018

Read it in a soft, calm tone of voice. Better? :)
  • Options
    lexus20 wrote: »
    So I assume the famous district of Del Sol Valley (not digging the name, to be honest) is going to have mostly City Living style penthouses atop high skyscrapers. Do you think the less rich district might have normal-sized apartments in normal-sized buildings? I know it was a feature introduced with City Living, but so were stay-at-home careers, yet Seasons has one of those too, and normal apartments seem sensible for a city neighbourhood that isn't just a copy of San Myshuno.

Just looked up what Del Sol means. In Spanish translated to English, Of the Sun. I wasn't too fond of the name, either, but being that it means of the sun valley, that's kinda cool.

I like the name but the word order is wrong. It should've been "Valley Del Sol" (Valley of the Sun/Sun Valley) not "Del Sol Valley" (Of the Sun Valley).

They probably ordered the name that way because it sounds better. In English, at least.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner