Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• ALAYZIA13ALAYZIA13 Posts: 9 New Member
    Do you guys know if they will bring back the genie lamp like from sims 3 showtime?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    ALAYZIA13 wrote: »
    Do you guys know if they will bring back the genie lamp like from sims 3 showtime?

Nothing in what we've seen so far suggests that there's any magic anything in this pack. I don't think they've modelled it that strongly after previous ones.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I wonder if you could select the type of scene or genre you enact over and over. I'm getting the feels to play a story of some angry, hotheaded lowish level star that has to wear a costume on a kids show and hates it. Some movies/cartoons have depicted this type of story... Anyway I like that this theme is giving me many jump start story ideas either way.
    Will be interesting to see how the reputation system ties into this whole thing also hehehe.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    With a bit of creative imagination and The Sims™ 4 Movie Hangout Stuff a private viewing room can be made. On a community lot the same thing can happen.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With a bit of creative imagination and The Sims™ 4 Movie Hangout Stuff a private viewing room can be made. On a community lot the same thing can happen.

I've used that to build a movie theater. It's on a cafe lot so it looks like a concession stand.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    This looks quite interesting and promising! I am hyped!
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    I am not sure about anyone else but the Sims on that New EP look more cartoony. The hair look even worse than we have now. I was in shock after I just sat on my chair staring at the screen. Really just wanted it all to go away and we get anything else.

It strange but I wonder if they saw any of our list. I do keep up on what people were asking for and it was not that, maybe way way down on the list that i did not see.

I hope I done get a ban against me for saying this but I feel they found this one just laying around on the floor and used it from and old employee that did not finish it. If this happened this time It will happen again you know just saying it will happen again. Another big disappointment we have to swallow. Not buying, I did not have much money anyway. I will not buy something I know I don't want to have so rather wait and just keep what I have at the moment.
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    Shae wrote: »
    Will we get movie theaters in this pack?

Never. This Pack EP feels like a GP they just need cash of an EP. I think big companies do this stuff. I wanted good content why to do this to us Maxis?? I was so excited then boom the ball dropped and now depression. Please give us something good before Christmas.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I've used that to build a movie theater. It's on a cafe lot so it looks like a concession stand.

Is it on the gallery?
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    Well I wonder if my sim can get famous hes a doctor I can give out 🐸🐸🐸🐸 implants to stars and if I do great I become the famous doctor to stars 😂
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Is it on the gallery?

Yes. I have a few on the gallery at #dannydanbo.
  • KazynKazyn Posts: 16 Member
    Think I’ll wait for the player reviews before I make my mind up on this one, it’s not really my thing. I’m still holding out hope for a University EP.
    Find me on Twitch and Twitter
  • NikuNiku Posts: 13 New Member
    I've been waiting for this xpac but tbh I am not really pleased that we get just an acting career :/ yes I know, the fame system will work for all careers but still?
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Niku wrote: »
    I've been waiting for this xpac but tbh I am not really pleased that we get just an acting career :/ yes I know, the fame system will work for all careers but still?

just have to wait and see what comes to light in the build up to release and what happens in the streams :)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited October 2018
    Why so much pessimism? On the example of "Vampires" you can see how they were better refined than their predecessors from TS3
    I hope that now we will also get a better version of this older addition, which I really liked. In Bridgeport in TS3 added celebrities and careers in the film industry. This is the same only better.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    If the pack lets every Sim in every career to get the rewards of being "famous" and lets us have "famous" restaurants, vampires, parents, spas, clubs, bars, shops, museums etc., etc. I will buy it. Those who have bought every pack deserve to have their purchases included in the Fame game.

The pack is not a particular interest of mine so that's the only thing about it that will get me to buy. I'm quite happy not to buy but try out the new build tools until I get more information from the forums. The first time I haven't pre-ordered but am pleased for those who like the celebrity stuff.

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If the pack lets every Sim in every career to get the rewards of being "famous" and lets us have "famous" restaurants, vampires, parents, spas, clubs, bars, shops, museums etc., etc. I will buy it. Those who have bought every pack deserve to have their purchases included in the Fame game.

The pack is not a particular interest of mine so that's the only thing about it that will get me to buy. I'm quite happy not to buy but try out the new build tools until I get more information from the forums. The first time I haven't pre-ordered but am pleased for those who like the celebrity stuff.

^more people like this chap/lady here - showing respect to those this pack caters for and also remaining open minded for him/herself
    *props to you my friend!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I’m confused. Didn’t they already do this one in Sims 3?
    They did it badly in S3. I'm hoping this is more of a throwback to S1 Superstar that was very popular.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Do we know if Paparazzi will report on "Scandals" if you are famous and do something in public like caught cheating, ect? I loved when sims could sue for slander lmao. Man this was the perfect pack to bring the City Hall back.
  • BlueElk_LazyGeekBlueElk_LazyGeek Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > I am looking forward to the pack! :) It looks and sounds great!

Do you know if this will be coming out for console too?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > I am looking forward to the pack! :) It looks and sounds great!

Do you know if this will be coming out for console too?

Hello @BlueElk_LazyGeek :)
    I don’t know if there are plans for the pack to come to the console in the future.
  • BlueElk_LazyGeekBlueElk_LazyGeek Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > BlueElk_LazyGeek wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > I am looking forward to the pack! :) It looks and sounds great!
    >
    > Do you know if this will be coming out for console too?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @BlueElk_LazyGeek :)
    > I don’t know if there are plans for the pack to come to the console in the future.

Oh 😔 I see, thank you for your time.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Where is the slow dancing and stages for performances? How can you have a famous pack without being able to have & make Rock & Roll bands? This pack looks more like a (really neat) Game pack. Im sick of the have done, rushed expansions. Get Famous can have so many meanings but why is everything so limited in this game compared to other versions of The Sims?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I kinda like the look of this...
    Was that a bit of sword fighting I saw? That's a thumbs up.
    And movie sets? Another thumbs up.

But

No drums? Not cool! No bands? Disgraceful!! I want famous bands!!!
    You know, share the fame with your band mates, or fight with them, kick em out of the band... or be kicked out and go solo. Bands could create so much drama!
    Will there be a Rock'n'roll game pack or stuff pack to mend this gaping wound?
    Or maybe they could be added in a patch. Patch the wound.

I honestly think bands deserve there on game pack. I want a band system similar to the clubs system. And. I think it could be nice that this pack will realest after the cars update because I want to see my band playing in my garage! And then maybe in a music festival? Where other sims can camp and dance and listen to other bands?