Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

arguing should be in the base game

its fun for sims to argue and is normal for everyone to do now and then
also I don't think it should be considered mean debating is a good thing
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I also think autonomous arguing should happen more often
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Arguing is the spice of life!

Wait... How am I supposed to argue with this?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No thanks, there's enough on the forums.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think the mean SIMS arguing
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

I think the mean SIMS arguing

I think I was making a joke. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

That's just my sims. They like to troll teh forums.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't agree it shouldn't be a "mean" interaction. Arguing is not a rational discussion or a respectful debate. It's a heated and often angry exchange between people who don't want to come to an agreement at that time. We are all like that sometimes .. and I guess after the dust settles you can see the points better so it can end up being a good (venting) or at least human thing later but it's still not a pleasant thing to engage in unless you are wired to enjoying it.
    I don't really have an opinion on it being in the base game. It was part of a pack that expands the game.. Maybe the next base game should have it though.
    egTcBMc.png
    we are both right @Hermitgirl

ar·gue
    ˈärɡyo͞o/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: arguing

give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view.
    "defense attorneys argue that the police lacked “probable cause” to arrest the driver"
    synonyms: contend, assert, maintain, insist, hold, claim, reason, allege; More
    formalaver, represent, opine
    "they argued that the government was to blame"
    persuade someone to do or not to do (something) by giving reasons.
    "I tried to argue him out of it"
    exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way.
    "don't argue with me"
    synonyms: quarrel, disagree, squabble, bicker, fight, wrangle, dispute, feud, have words, cross swords, lock horns, be at each other's throats; informalspat
    "the children are always arguing"
    Oh I know that the word can be used that way... like lawyers arguing a case. But this isn't presented like that strict rule following back and forth. In the sims it's basically a word fight. Even if and when it's used both ways the purpose of arguing is to win.. to dominate your opponent basically.
    I'm sure it's not always seen in a bad light.. but I would umm.. argue it usually is hehehe.
    egTcBMc.png
    Don't we have interactions where sims argue and mock each other? Call Mother A Llama kind of thing?
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    agreed. and i never see sims being mean to each other autonomously, theyre always just being friendly... i think my game is broken
    tRdsn66.gif
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    agreed. and i never see sims being mean to each other autonomously, theyre always just being friendly... i think my game is broken
    tRdsn66.gif

no thats just the sims 4 @Kali_Durga
    edited October 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Oh I know that the word can be used that way... like lawyers arguing a case. But this isn't presented like that strict rule following back and forth. In the sims it's basically a word fight. Even if and when it's used both ways the purpose of arguing is to win.. to dominate your opponent basically.
    I'm sure it's not always seen in a bad light.. but I would umm.. argue it usually is hehehe.

I know the point is to win but my point is same goes for debates and some times they also get heated
    in fact I'm saying that arguing and debating are the same thing

de·bate
    dəˈbāt/
    noun
    noun: debate; plural noun: debates

a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.
    synonyms: discussion, discourse, parley, dialogue; More
    argument, counterargument, dispute, wrangle, war of words;
    argumentation, disputation, dissension, disagreement, contention, conflict;
    negotiations, talks;
    informalconfab, powwow
    "a debate on the reforms"
    an argument about a particular subject, especially one in which many people are involved.
    "

verb
    verb: debate; 3rd person present: debates; past tense: debated; past participle: debated; gerund or present participle: debating

argue about (a subject), especially in a formal manner.
    "the board debated his proposal"
    synonyms: discuss, talk over/through, talk about, thrash out, hash out, argue, dispute; More
    informalkick around, bat around
    "they will debate the future of rail transport"
    consider a possible course of action in one's mind before reaching a decision.
    "he debated whether he should leave the matter alone or speak to her"
    synonyms: consider, think over/about, chew over, mull over, ponder, revolve, deliberate, contemplate, muse, meditate; formalcogitate
    "he debated whether to call her"

Origin
    Middle English: via Old French from Latin dis- (expressing reversal) + battere ‘to fight.’
    Translate debate to
    Use over time for: debate

but anyway as far as the game goes no matter how you look at it mean are not people do it all the time
    and I think our sims in sims 4 should do it more on there own even if they don't put it in the base game
    don't you think they should @Hermitgirl :)
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    I don't know if they should do it more actually. If that means random sims will autonomously come up to my sim to argue more frequently then no, probably not. That's just my preference though. I try to avoid most random interactions in public because I usually have a goal or meeting in mind when my sim is out. I think they actually cut down on how invasive that was at one point .. not with arguing per se but with other interactions. In larger households I play I usually want harmony unless I'm playing the "mean" or evil sim. I'm usually the one making them argue if that is the case. I guess there are many that would want that interaction to happen more frequently though since there are so many ways to play. Maybe that would be worth a poll?
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't know if they should do it more actually. If that means random sims will autonomously come up to my sim to argue more frequently then no, probably not. That's just my preference though. I try to avoid most random interactions in public because I usually have a goal or meeting in mind when my sim is out. I think they actually cut down on how invasive that was at one point .. not with arguing per se but with other interactions. In larger households I play I usually want harmony unless I'm playing the "mean" or evil sim. I'm usually the one making them argue if that is the case. I guess there are many that would want that interaction to happen more frequently though since there are so many ways to play. Maybe that would be worth a poll?

maybe good idea @Hermitgirl
    We can already argue. There's a lot of options in MEAN that implies their mother is a llama, or throws a drink in their face or pokes sims or mocks sims. What more do you want?
    We can already argue. There's a lot of options in MEAN that implies their mother is a llama, or throws a drink in their face or pokes sims or mocks sims. What more do you want?

subjects for them to argue about @Dannydanbo

subjects for them to argue about @Dannydanbo

LOL!!!!