Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

romance gp

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think a try on wedding dress option would be nice to have on dressers

Yes that's something I've been wanting.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well I don't think there will be a romance pack this year
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    maybe next year in February
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    Lots of good ideas here.
    I would like dancing together/slow dancing to come back
    Online dating, one of my favorite S3 addition.
    I really like the idea of sims proposing either to a sims directly or to his/her parents with a yes/no chance card with real negative/positive consequences for our sims, not just a temporary moodlet which means adding some kind of memory system.
    children having crushes/ kiss on the cheek/kiss on the lips= some kind of family friendly name
    Social event for long-term marriages specifically/ wedding vow renewal.
    Making out on the couch from S2, cuddling/kissing on beds, tasting food on table and while standing up
    Bachelor/bachelorette party
    Kissing games
    New whoohoo locations
    Definitively new Romance aspirations/traits (hopeless romantic, faithful/unfaithful etc.): 2 is not enough. We generally need more negative traits.
    More diverse wedding dresses
    Polyamory without jealousy
    Some kind of chemistry/attraction system with more choices than in S2.
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    I’m still holding out for a romance GP - I just think it would add so much to the game... an attraction system, unrequited love, crushes... I would love it! Romance is so one dimensional in the game at the moment, it’s so easy there’s no fun in it at all!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Can't remember if I posted here, but I would like to see the following return:

From TS2 Nightlife:

Chemistry (1-3 Lightning Bolt Attraction)
    Scope Room Interaction
    Check Sim Out Interaction
    Ask "Do You Like What You See?" Interaction
    Turn Ons/Turn Off

From Sims 3 Late Night:
    "Ask Sign" Interaction
    Cinders27 wrote: »
    I’m still holding out for a romance GP - I just think it would add so much to the game... an attraction system, unrequited love, crushes... I would love it! Romance is so one dimensional in the game at the moment, it’s so easy there’s no fun in it at all!

yes I'm still holding out for one as well I just don't think it will be this year @Cinders27
    edited October 2018
    I wish our sims could get love letters and have unexpected things happen on dates and I wish the dates the npc ask you on were more fun
    I also want a bottle of nectar our sims could buy to make a toast and so we don't have to have a bar in our house
    We need an ask to come give me a kiss on sofas and when standing.
    Lots of good ideas here.
    I really like the idea of sims proposing either to a sims directly or to his/her parents with a yes/no chance card with real negative/positive consequences for our sims, not just a temporary moodlet which means adding some kind of memory system.
    children having crushes/ kiss on the cheek/kiss on the lips= some kind of family friendly name
    Making out on the couch from S2, cuddling/kissing on beds, tasting food on table and while standing up
    Kissing games
    New whoohoo locations
    Definitively new Romance aspirations/traits (hopeless romantic, faithful/unfaithful etc.): 2 is not enough. We generally need more negative traits.

From TS2 Nightlife:

Scope Room Interaction
    Turn Ons/Turn Off

From Sims 3 Late Night:
    "Ask Sign" Interaction

Yes to all.
    We need an ask to come give me a kiss on sofas and when standing.

good idea
    Lots of good ideas here.
    Kissing games
    New whoohoo locations

From TS2 Nightlife:

Scope Room Interaction
    Turn Ons/Turn Off

From Sims 3 Late Night:
    "Ask Sign" Interaction

Yes to all.

I second that
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    One of my ideas that I was thinking was maybe we can set our friends up on a blind date and even do a double date. It would be so cute!
    One of my ideas that I was thinking was maybe we can set our friends up on a blind date and even do a double date. It would be so cute!

Agreed. We need for blind dates to return from TS2. In freetime for example sims could set your sim up with one of their friends.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited October 2018

Agreed. We need for blind dates to return from TS2. In freetime for example sims could set your sim up with one of their friends.

we can do that it came with get together.

What I mean is friends your not playing. We have to be playing a sim to set another one up. In TS2 the sim you wasn't playing automously asked yours if they'd like to be set up with one of their friends. This would happen if your sims reputation was high enough and they were chatting with their unplayable friend.

What I mean is friends your not playing. We have to be playing a sim to set another one up. In TS2 the sim you wasn't playing automously asked yours if they'd like to be set up with one of their friends. This would happen if your sims reputation was high enough and they were chatting with their unplayable friend.

there is a hook up sim option in get together they go out if you do this @catloverplayer
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'd like a romance pack that focuses not only on romantic interactions, activities etc, but also spends a lot of time to add depth to relationships in the game and bring new dimensions to sims themselves.

Attraction system gives sims more personality and can make it more challenging to acquire a partner - challenge is always good as it makes it more rewarding when you finally get it after putting in all that work. Some sims, however, just seem natural soulmates and gravitate towards each other. Some sims might find your sim the most gorgeous thing ever, but your sim thinks they're creepy (or vice versa) and now you have a lovely little stalker/one-sided relationship. You can even play out a Pride and Prejudice-inspired story where sims loathe each other but are undeniably attracted to one another.
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, sims might loathe each other through the turn-off system and simply not be able to engage romantically. Maybe, as sims change throughout the years, once in-love sims can now no longer stand each other bc they are now an embodiment of each others' turn-offs.
    This system adds loads of depth to characters and makes many stories possible. It is also more realistic, as all people have certain things they look for in partners and thus a slob and evil sim shouldn't be able to dance off into the sunset with a neat and good sim.

Relationships don't feel all that special. I want sims to be more conscious of their relationships so they act certain ways around certain sims according to their personality. I want my confident sims to be more show-offy in front of their crush, and my loner sim to be more shy. When two sims are in a relationship, they should visibly care about each other and think about or talk about them more. They should have more intimate interactions - not just romantic, but also friendly and funny. I want deeper interactions as sims become friends, best friends, lovers and spouses. Mean interactions are also important to establish relationships and enemies should act accordingly. Relationships that ended badly, should also prompt an unpleasant relationship and suitable interactions.

Possible interactions:

Chit-chat:
    - Small talk
    - Chat about day
    - Talk about weather (Seasons)
    - Talk about news (might bore a sim)
    - Talk about __ (unlocked when sim finds out that the sim has a certain skill or trait, like cooking, fitness, books etc. instead of simply talking about things your sim can do. Good relationship boost as it shows interest in the other sim)
    - Try to impress (might fail, causing embarassment)
    - Ask about family/friends

Friendship:
    - Tease about __ (other sim's love interest)
    - Discuss mutual dislike for __ (sim with negative relationship for both sims)
    - Rant about __ (sim)
    - Discuss pointlessness of it all
    - Rant about life
    - Discuss relevence of TV shows in life
    - Discuss which TV character you are
    - Speculate futures (can give various buffs, ex. "Yas I'm going to be rich" or "What do you mean I'll have 8 kids?")
    - Gush about future with __ (love interest)
    - Ask if __ is a good match (love interest. Pop-up saying yes/no etc. Might offend sim if friend says no)
    - Ask for advice about __ (sim's relationship with another sim. Negative relationship or love interest)
    - Fuss about (intimate, motherly interaction; might annoy sim or make them feel loved)
    - Look at memes together (takes out cellphone)
    - Burp contest (lol)

- Improved and prolonged "deep conversation" animation. Ew. It looks like they said "I like the sea." "That's deep."

Mean:
    - Hit insecurities
    - Imply mother is a llama (from TS3 lol)
    - Insult __ (cooking/art/gardening etc.)
    - Insult __ (personality trait, ex. geekiness/childishness etc.)
    - Be sarcastic
    - Suggest sim has no future

- Spread rumours about __ (sim. Might either lower your sim's relationship with talked-to sim [if they have a positive relationship with subject sim] or lower talked-to sim's relationship with subject sim. We need more ways to ruin other sims' lives)
    - Gossip about __ (sim)
    - Turn against __ (sim)
    - I can treat you better (*sings*. Lol, just kidding. But can steal sim's love interest and turn them against former lover.)
    - You're a bad kisser (ex lovers/lovers) (ahah)

Romance:
    - Discuss future together (might either make a sim tense for not wanting to commit so quickly, or open a possibility of the other sim asking you out on a date and proposing in the next few days. Non-played sims don't propose, which makes sense as it might ruin stories, but it would be great if we could influence it to happen)
    - Dinner table proposal
    - Playful bickering
    - Goosing
    - Relaxing/Cuddling/Make-out in bed (TS3 style)
    - More wild make-outs (standing and on couch. TS4 is so PG10.)
    - Kiss neck (especially for vampires tehehe)
    - Juiced kiss / Juiced woohoo (from drinking too much juice; sims might be awkward about it later, pretend it never happened or realize that they like each other)
    - Fuss about

- Confess affair
    - Accuse of having affair
    - Do you still like me?
    - Discuss insecurities

Socials that prompt a pop-up:
    - Gossip (pop-up with something that is actually happening in town, like in TS3)
    - What's wrong? (If a sim is in a negative mood. Pop-up explaining cause, like "My parent died" or "broke up with _" or "got in fight with _" etc. I think this will complement the emotional system very well, as a big part of real emotions is sharing them, and we can also get to know sims better with this - what's going on in their lives etc.)

Interactions on objects:
    - Prank call __ (cellphone)
    - Take quiz (computer. Might cause buffs like "forever alone," "I'm a hamburger," "he/she likes me back!" etc.)
    - Stalking an ex or crush's social media on the computer or cellphone

Other activities I'd like:
    - Writing and receiving love letters
    - Online dating
    - Writing love poems for a sim and either hiding it or sending it. Sims can also receive love poems.
    - More woohoo locations ( :wink: ) - shower is the most obvious one
    - Slow dancing!!

Furthermore, I'd also like a sort of reputation that exceeds just "faithful"/"cheater".
    I'd like sims to be aware of the world around them and the sims they socialize with. Sims should be able to get reputations like "tease/player/heart-breaker/innocent/not interested/jealous/baggage" etc. And also things like "social butterfly/hermit/trying too hard/doesn't care" etc. I loved the gossip system in TS3 bc it adds some drama and makes sims more interesting. Right now, townies are boring to me bc there isn't much to them. There's nothing interesting to what they do and how they act. These kind of systems make sims way more intriguing, provides some much-needed edge to TS4 and provides a bit of a challenge for sims that like to be reckless. The game is too easy, so we need this type of thing.

New traits that relate to relationships in general would be great. Jealous is good example of something already in-game. Possible traits:
    - loyal (won't betray friends and loved ones by gossiping/cheating/letting them down)
    - two-faced (doesn't have a problem with backstabbing, gossiping and cheating)
    - Already-existing traits like "nurturing/commitment issues/flirty/jealous" etc should be expanded upon in this pack

Teenagers should get an upgrade to the crushes department with similar things as adults, but more clumsy and shy or over-confident. Maybe add a spin-the-bottle type game, or a "dare to ..." interaction.
    Children can maybe hold hands for a few seconds and kiss cheek. Both of these will quickly be followed by an "ewww"
    Kids can also maybe "Accuse of having cooties" or something.
    I'd like a romance pack that focuses not only on romantic interactions, activities etc, but also spends a lot of time to add depth to relationships in the game and bring new dimensions to sims themselves.

Attraction system gives sims more personality and can make it more challenging to acquire a partner - challenge is always good as it makes it more rewarding when you finally get it after putting in all that work. Some sims, however, just seem natural soulmates and gravitate towards each other. Some sims might find your sim the most gorgeous thing ever, but your sim thinks they're creepy (or vice versa) and now you have a lovely little stalker/one-sided relationship. You can even play out a Pride and Prejudice-inspired story where sims loathe each other but are undeniably attracted to one another.
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, sims might loathe each other through the turn-off system and simply not be able to engage romantically. Maybe, as sims change throughout the years, once in-love sims can now no longer stand each other bc they are now an embodiment of each others' turn-offs.
    This system adds loads of depth to characters and makes many stories possible. It is also more realistic, as all people have certain things they look for in partners and thus a slob and evil sim shouldn't be able to dance off into the sunset with a neat and good sim.

Relationships don't feel all that special. I want sims to be more conscious of their relationships so they act certain ways around certain sims according to their personality. I want my confident sims to be more show-offy in front of their crush, and my loner sim to be more shy. When two sims are in a relationship, they should visibly care about each other and think about or talk about them more. They should have more intimate interactions - not just romantic, but also friendly and funny. I want deeper interactions as sims become friends, best friends, lovers and spouses. Mean interactions are also important to establish relationships and enemies should act accordingly. Relationships that ended badly, should also prompt an unpleasant relationship and suitable interactions.

Possible interactions:

Chit-chat:
    - Small talk
    - Chat about day
    - Talk about __ (unlocked when sim finds out that the sim has a certain skill or trait, like cooking, fitness, books etc. instead of simply talking about things your sim can do. Good relationship boost as it shows interest in the other sim)

Friendship:
    - Rant about __ (sim)
    - Rant about life
    - Speculate futures (can give various buffs, ex. "Yas I'm going to be rich" or "What do you mean I'll have 8 kids?")
    - Ask if __ is a good match (love interest. Pop-up saying yes/no etc. Might offend sim if friend says no)
    - Ask for advice about __ (sim's relationship with another sim. Negative relationship or love interest)
    - Fuss about (intimate, motherly interaction; might annoy sim or make them feel loved)
    - Burp contest (lol)

- Improved and prolonged "deep conversation" animation. Ew. It looks like they said "I like the sea." "That's deep."

Mean:
    - Hit insecurities
    - Be sarcastic

- Spread rumours about __ (sim. Might either lower your sim's relationship with talked-to sim [if they have a positive relationship with subject sim] or lower talked-to sim's relationship with subject sim. We need more ways to ruin other sims' lives)
    - Gossip about __ (sim)
    - Turn against __ (sim)
    - I can treat you better (*sings*. Lol, just kidding. But can steal sim's love interest and turn them against former lover.)

Romance:
    - Discuss future together (might either make a sim tense for not wanting to commit so quickly, or open a possibility of the other sim asking you out on a date and proposing in the next few days. Non-played sims don't propose, which makes sense as it might ruin stories, but it would be great if we could influence it to happen)
    - Dinner table proposal
    - Playful bickering
    - Goosing
    - Juiced kiss / Juiced woohoo (from drinking too much juice; sims might be awkward about it later, pretend it never happened or realize that they like each other)
    - Fuss about

- Confess affair
    - Do you still like me?
    - Discuss insecurities

- Gossip (pop-up with something that is actually happening in town, like in TS3)
    - What's wrong? (If a sim is in a negative mood. Pop-up explaining cause, like "My parent died" or "broke up with _" or "got in fight with _" etc. I think this will complement the emotional system very well, as a big part of real emotions is sharing them, and we can also get to know sims better with this - what's going on in their lives etc.)

Interactions on objects:
    - Take quiz (computer. Might cause buffs like "forever alone," "I'm a hamburger," "he/she likes me back!" etc.)

- Online dating
    - Writing love poems for a sim and either hiding it or sending it. Sims can also receive love poems.
    - Slow dancing!!

Furthermore, I'd also like a sort of reputation that exceeds just "faithful"/"cheater".
    I'd like sims to be aware of the world around them and the sims they socialize with. Sims should be able to get reputations like "tease/player/heart-breaker/innocent/not interested/jealous/baggage" etc. And also things like "social butterfly/hermit/trying too hard/doesn't care" etc. I loved the gossip system in TS3, not bc I gossip in real life, but bc it adds some drama and makes sims more interesting. Right now, townies are boring to me bc there isn't much to them. There's nothing interesting to what they do and how they act. These kind of systems make sims way more intriguing, provides some much-needed edge to TS4 and provides a bit of a challenge for sims that like to be reckless. The game is too easy, so we need this type of thing.

New traits that relate to relationships in general would be great. Jealous is good example of something already in-game. Possible traits:
    - loyal (won't betray friends and loved ones by gossiping/cheating/letting them down)
    - Already-existing traits like "nurturing/commitment issues/flirty/jealous" etc should be expanded upon in this pack

Teenagers should get an upgrade to the crushes department with similar things as adults, but more clumsy and shy or over-confident.
    Children can maybe hold hands for a few seconds and kiss cheek. Both of these will quickly be followed by an "ewww"

yes to all
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member

Possible interactions:

Chit-chat:
    - Small talk
    - Chat about day

Friendship:
    - Rant about __ (sim)
    - Rant about life
    - Burp contest (lol)

Mean:
    - Hit insecurities
    - Be sarcastic

- Gossip about __ (sim)
    - Turn against __ (sim)

Romance:
    - Dinner table proposal
    - Playful bickering
    - Goosing
    - Fuss about

- Confess affair
    - Do you still like me?
    - Discuss insecurities

Interactions on objects:

- Online dating
    - Slow dancing!!

I'd like sims to be aware of the world around them and the sims they socialize with. Sims should be able to get reputations like "tease/player/heart-breaker/innocent/not interested/jealous/baggage" etc. And also things like "social butterfly/hermit/trying too hard/doesn't care" etc. I loved the gossip system in TS3 bc it adds some drama and makes sims more interesting. Right now, townies are boring to me bc there isn't much to them. There's nothing interesting to what they do and how they act. These kind of systems make sims way more intriguing, provides some much-needed edge to TS4 and provides a bit of a challenge for sims that like to be reckless. The game is too easy, so we need this type of thing.

Teenagers should get an upgrade to the crushes department with similar things as adults, but more clumsy and shy or over-confident. Maybe add a spin-the-bottle type game, or a "dare to ..." interaction.

I LOVE ALL OF THIS. Please Sims 4 Dev team. PLEASE!

there is a hook up sim option in get together they go out if you do this @catloverplayer

Yes I know but the sim your playing has to do this. The unplayable sim won't like in TS2.

Yes I know but the sim your playing has to do this. The unplayable sim won't like in TS2.

oh I see good point @catloverplayer
    a way to see if your sims are attracted to someone would be nice we had hearts in sims 2 and 3
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member

Possible interactions:

Chit-chat:
    - Small talk
    - Chat about day

Friendship:
    - Rant about __ (sim)
    - Rant about life
    - Burp contest (lol)

Mean:
    - Hit insecurities
    - Be sarcastic

- Gossip about __ (sim)
    - Turn against __ (sim)

Romance:
    - Dinner table proposal
    - Playful bickering
    - Goosing
    - Fuss about

- Confess affair
    - Do you still like me?
    - Discuss insecurities

Interactions on objects:

- Online dating
    - Slow dancing!!

These ideas are so good! I love these ideas. :heart:
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
    edited February 2019

Possible interactions:

Chit-chat:
    - Small talk
    - Chat about day

Friendship:
    - Rant about __ (sim)
    - Rant about life
    - Burp contest (lol)

Mean:
    - Hit insecurities
    - Be sarcastic

- Gossip about __ (sim)
    - Turn against __ (sim)

Romance:
    - Dinner table proposal
    - Playful bickering
    - Goosing
    - Fuss about

- Confess affair
    - Do you still like me?
    - Discuss insecurities

Interactions on objects:

- Online dating
    - Slow dancing!!

These ideas are so good! I love these ideas. :heart:

so do I