Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wonder if there will be a tea sat I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I had to watch the video to remember what was in it...but I hated the creepy dude... he would show up all over. but for those who don't remember here is the video to TS1 superstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuDrYHUnawo
    will Burglaries be in the new ep I mean the gold stuff would be just the thing to make a sim want to steal from you
    well there be a fencing skill
    what kind of skills will we get
    ,what new traits
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited October 2018
    From the new official blog:
    Each Sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level.

Are only Sims who live in the Del Sol Valley world going to have a public image? Is fame restricted to only that world?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Each Sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level.

Are only Sims who live in the Del Sol Valley world going to have a public image? Is fame restricted to only that world?

if chefs, authors from the base game career can become famous..I don't think fame is restricted
    6adMCGP.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

This one has an answer:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I wonder how our played sims will react to meeting celebrities? Will they react differently to meeting celebrities when they themselves are a celebrity, as opposed to if they were to meet the same celebrity when they aren't famous?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Singer Sims yes! (Excuse me I just died and went to heaven.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    So I assume the famous district of Del Sol Valley (not digging the name, to be honest) is going to have mostly City Living style penthouses atop high skyscrapers. Do you think the less rich district might have normal-sized apartments in normal-sized buildings? I know it was a feature introduced with City Living, but so were stay-at-home careers, yet Seasons has one of those too, and normal apartments seem sensible for a city neighbourhood that isn't just a copy of San Myshuno.

Just looked up what Del Sol means. In Spanish translated to English, Of the Sun. I wasn't too fond of the name, either, but being that it means of the sun valley, that's kinda cool.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    So I assume the famous district of Del Sol Valley (not digging the name, to be honest) is going to have mostly City Living style penthouses atop high skyscrapers. Do you think the less rich district might have normal-sized apartments in normal-sized buildings? I know it was a feature introduced with City Living, but so were stay-at-home careers, yet Seasons has one of those too, and normal apartments seem sensible for a city neighbourhood that isn't just a copy of San Myshuno.

Just looked up what Del Sol means. In Spanish translated to English, Of the Sun. I wasn't too fond of the name, either, but being that it means of the sun valley, that's kinda cool.

I like the name but the word order is wrong. It should've been "Valley Del Sol" (Valley of the Sun/Sun Valley) not "Del Sol Valley" (Of the Sun Valley).
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My question is, considering there's no singing career do sims get money from being famous? Or will they have to preform in concerts and such.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I had to watch the video to remember what was in it...but I hated the creepy dude... he would show up all over. but for those who don't remember here is the video to TS1 superstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuDrYHUnawo

Sorry to derail but...I love that electronic dance music, it's so 90s'-early 2000s'. Makes me very nostalgic for Sims 1. Will the Sims 4 Get Famous have such iconic music? :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'd like to know if our played Sims are all going to "fangirl" on every celebrity that walks by. I'm hoping all of the giddy nonsense is kept to the random npc townies so my Vampires aren't acting ridiculous. I really hate when the game takes control of the Sims that I play.

I guess I'm just hoping this pack doesn't push any type of behavior on played Sims, be it celebrity, fan behavior, taking pictures, or even altering reputation. I play a huge population and I'd like to have the control to specifically choose how my Sims behave. If it gives us that control, I might actually be interested in the pack.

I'd also like to know if the fan reactions are age restrictive or not. Are we going to see Elders freaking out over teens? Because that's kind of weird to me. Not that elder folks can't be fans, I just think it's usually associated with an era they relate to or are more familiar with.

And I'd also like to know if we can delete or change the premade celebrities. I'm not a "realism" player, so again, I'd like the flexibility to alter what I need to.
    #Team Occult
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Oh! I have another question...

Can Sims be notorious instead of celebrities? Since there's a reputation system and I believe "quirks" were mentioned, it would be pretty awesome if there were ways to make Sims famous in a "bad" way.
    #Team Occult
  • Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    Maybe fandom is linked to traits? Like, music lovers, foodies, art lovers, geeks, bookworms etc could be fans of famous people with the related careers and skills.
    will there be new songs for our sims to sing
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Any Base Game Careers such as Comedian, Musicians, Sports etc gets effected after the expansion or is it limited to films, commercials and theatre drama to gain Celebrity Status?

From what I’ve heard, yes. I know they’re building on the entertainment career’s musician branch, but I’ve heard from other people that multiple other careers will be built on from this expansion too.

F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I have this question - for old careers, does fame ONLY kick in at level '11'? Like, your life is exactly the same up until 'Level 11' when you suddenly get your superstar status perks?

Or does Fame gradually accumulate?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • FRENZIIFRENZII Posts: 29 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > I guess I'm just hoping this pack doesn't push any type of behavior on played Sims, be it celebrity, fan behavior, taking pictures, or even altering reputation. I play a huge population and I'd like to have the control to specifically choose how my Sims behave. If it gives us that control, I might actually be interested in the pack.

Same here to be honest. Hopefully you have to command your sim to react or take a picture when a celebrity is nearby. It was really annoying in Sims 3 when my sim would cancel their queued actions to take a picture or get an autograph and vice versa when being a celebrity and randomly posing for pictures etc.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I suppose maybe if they got Whims to take photos or get autographs...

I wonder if there will be a new collection.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    they said there will be a sleep pod does that mean dreaming is coming back like in sims 3 or even better
    it would be cool if your sim could be come a famous archaeologist like indiana jones
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    it would be cool if your sim could be come a famous archaeologist like indiana jones

Yes, SimGuruGraham has confirmed that it's possible for an archaeologist to become famous.