Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think that reputation will apply to non famous sims?

ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
One of my main worries about Get Famous is that all the early looks highlight the celebrity angle, making me wonder how applicable it'll be when I go back to my more normal sims. However, one thing that's standing out to me is that reputation is always mentioned as a separate system, mentioned together with the fame system but not just being subsumed into it.

Reputation as a way for a sim's behaviors to have lasting effects beyond moodlets and basic relationship meter nudges would be huge, and would get me excited for elements that could affect every sim in play. I guess I'm just curious if anybody else expects this to be the major sleeper system added, or if they think it'll just flavor what sort of fame attaches to celebrity sims and will be intrinsically tied to the fame system.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    You bring up some interesting points. I hadn't read anywhere, so far, about a reputation system. I do hope it's greatly improved over what they tried to implement in Sims2. But we, all of us everyday people, have reputations, so if it does apply to the non-celebrity Sim, that will be great.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    You bring up some interesting points. I hadn't read anywhere, so far, about a reputation system. I do hope it's greatly improved over what they tried to implement in Sims2. But we, all of us everyday people, have reputations, so if it does apply to the non-celebrity Sim, that will be great.

There's a reputation and a fame system. Both together make a sim's public image. A guru said it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    I’m really interested to see what the reputation system will be like... I’ve been waiting for it to make a comeback along side the attraction system and likes and dislikes to make the sims feel more in depth... romance in this game is so easy to the point of it being boring in my opinion... I need playing the sims to be a lot more challenging!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Okay this became really interesting ... I now understand why it's an EP.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

I really, really hope this means sims can finally be caught cheating and someone can tell their spouse/significant other about it. I really miss that interaction from the Sims 3.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I really, really hope this means sims can finally be caught cheating and someone can tell their spouse/significant other about it. I really miss that interaction from the Sims 3.

I agree, this should bring consequence for cheating or say fighting.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The reputation system is the only thing that worries me, because the values in my sims society may not align with those set by the game.

For example in case of arranged marriages having a mistress is perfectly acceptable for my sims. To the game it will look like cheating.
    On the other hand I tend to dish out penalties (fines or prison) for actions that are perfectly acceptable by the game, like dropping trash on the streets, being noisy or being (unprovoked) rude. Wish there was a way we could define our own criteria for reputation going up and down!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The reputation system is the only thing that worries me, because the values in my sims society may not align with those set by the game.

For example in case of arranged marriages having a mistress is perfectly acceptable for my sims. To the game it will look like cheating.
    On the other hand I tend to dish out penalties (fines or prison) for actions that are perfectly acceptable by the game, like dropping trash on the streets, being noisy or being (unprovoked) rude. Wish there was a way we could define our own criteria for reputation going up and down!

It'll be interesting to see how much of the system modders can access.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I just say I love the systems they add in sims 4. They definitely are more customizable than ever before. Would be awesome if we could choose what is good or bad actions.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Awesome, another way to improve our lackluster sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Duke_DarkwoodDuke_Darkwood Posts: 59 Member
    So everyone gets Reputation, which is good - I was wondering the same thing after their recent news piece. What about the Fame? THAT is just for celebrities, right? I really don't want the hassle of an everyday sim spontaneously earning these weird fame perks.

So, how does one opt-in to celebrity? Is it a manual choice, like a career? Or just living in Del Sol does it?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they've tweeted that living in del sol has zero to do with fame or a lack thereof, despite the...not wisely chosen...phrasing in the blog. you can have famous sims living elsewhere and you can have non-celebrities living in the valley with no worries of them becoming famous behind your back
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    It will be interesting to see how reputation system ties in with the sim club system and how you already gain or can purchase perks to give your club a certain type of reputation I.e being feared or sims shocked of their presence.. I’m currently in a club and my sim gets a lot of people crowding round her with a gasping reaction I can’t remember which perk activates this.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »
    I’m currently in a club and my sim gets a lot of people crowding round her with a gasping reaction I can’t remember which perk activates this.
    I had a sim like this until I realized she was wearing skinny jeans made from the nude mesh and NPCs just reacted because they thought she was naked.
    I modified the .package after that.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

That's great news! I'm already looking even more forward to this EP...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Hopefully they don’t add the “woohooed a supernatural” thing as a negative again.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member

If this is the case, all my sims will have a horrible reputation :D
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

I agree, this should bring consequence for cheating or say fighting.

Fingers crossed!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how reputation system ties in with the sim club system and how you already gain or can purchase perks to give your club a certain type of reputation I.e being feared or sims shocked of their presence.. I’m currently in a club and my sim gets a lot of people crowding round her with a gasping reaction I can’t remember which perk activates this.

That comes with the Infamous Club perk.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I hope reputation isn't limited to just romantic interactions with others. I hope sims can also get reputations like bad boy/girl, rebel, tease, rude, friendly to all, clown etc. Reputation is generally what others think of you, so this kind of socially aware system would be nice.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm wondering how much of the reputation system actually stops interactions (because of gossip) with other Sims and starts to hinder the player's story like it did in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.