Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think this would a "Wait for the reviews" kind of thing, because I'm more interested in the Sims 1 approach to celebrity than the Sims 3 approach.

This.

While it's nice to see them still putting out content for what a lot of people asked for and realizing I'm in the minority, it has that Brindleton Bay vibe written all over it. Don't know about anyone else, but I feel this could have easily been a GP instead. I sincerely hope they give us the chance to control the Paparazzi without CC, being near constantly hounded with 'public disgrace' notifications/moodlets, and not become an 'instant' celebrity just by talking to one like in 3. That was a slight headache I'd rather not revisit. I'm more interested in the live stream/social influencer aspect (this fits into my Legacy story perfectly), at least it's an alternative and touches on reality.

The stages, new hair and such do look intriguing... Although, I'm crossing my fingers there is a University/Music oriented/Hobby pack in the works at some point in the coming years. Either of those will make my day.

Call me paranoid, but I will definitely wait for another patch/reviews to be on the safe side. I can see the threads already...
    Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • arilixearilixe Posts: 21 Member
    I think this would a "Wait for the reviews" kind of thing, because I'm more interested in the Sims 1 approach to celebrity than the Sims 3 approach.

I agree with you. I am going to wait for the reviews too.
    Avianator wrote: »
    Potentially this looks very interesting. I'm just afraid that it won't leave much room for creativity. I hope we can also tell our own stories and don't have to deal with only preset acting scenes.

It will very likely be presets. I what looked like the same sword scene twice, but with different costumes. But it would be interesting if you could do your own.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I'm getting 'The Sims 3 Late Night' vibes from this and im here for it, im actually really excited for it!!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I'm looking forward to it. :)
  • EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4

No, you're not the only one. I wanted university as well. I don't even like the whole celebrity thing. I was only excited when everyone kept saying cars were included, but sadly...no cars.

No, I'm disappointed as well. I wanted a Witches gamepack.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I would have preferred a Witches GP or University EP but with several more years of content in the works I'm hopeful they'll show up eventually. I'm most excited about my sims having an alternate route to fame without making everyone actors.

I have two clubs in mind. One with a famous culinary sim who'll give cooking demos to her fans. Another with an author sim who'll schedule book signings and readings. Bobby Flay and J.K. Rowling. :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would have preferred a Witches GP or University EP but with several more years of content in the works I'm hopeful they'll show up eventually. I'm most excited about my sims having an alternate route to fame without making everyone actors.

I have two clubs in mind. One with a famous culinary sim who'll give cooking demos to her fans. Another with an author sim who'll schedule book signings and readings. Bobby Flay and J.K. Rowling. :)

I have an author who wrote a collection of books about a boy named Henry Porter. He'll be doing book signings (or autographs) too.

I want to have a TV cooking show with a chef sim. I can't decide to go with my version of Gordon Ramsey or Juliet Child.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I have an author who wrote a collection of books about a boy named Henry Porter. He'll be doing book signings (or autographs) too.

I want to have a TV cooking show with a chef sim. I can't decide to go with my version of Gordon Ramsey or Juliet Child.

I totally need Juliet Child in my game. :p

I totally need Juliet Child in my game. :p

If I pick her, I'm going to make her clumsy, more like the SNL version by Dan Ackroid.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4

I have #mixedemotions as well. I mean the pack sounds cool and I'm interested in playing it but I really wanted University.

University would be awesome too. Supernatural, (myb some Superheroes), University, World Travels, New Careers/Hobbies, Some Generations EP where we can actually go to school and clubs would be awesome. Some focus on Teen Romance, Childhood Crushes, looking up to your hero. The first year of marriage, having anniversaries even if aging is off. Family time focus. Treehouses you can play in, and those like the ones in my Supe thread that you can live in. I wanna see a lot of stuff. I'm not set on this Sims 5 that's been bandied about for years. I wanna milk Sims 4 for all it's worth.

Sums up everything I want
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• fuzgirl65fuzgirl65 Posts: 55 Member
    I am excited about the Get Famous expansion pack. From what I read and understood, it will be a more like the sim will have to build acting skills. maybe starting with commercials, etc . It makes me think it is like get to work, where we control the sims. This is what I am hoping for, anyway:)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2018
    So I dont know if kids can be famous but if they can, can we make that singer kid (the boy) that's on between TV in the game a sensation I mean he's already on posters and t-shirts this pack looks like its made for him. JS.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    My Sim just started writing about a new series called Sailor Galaxy and hopes the series goes far
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Question...

I asked this in another thread but, will we be able to make theatre be an actual lot?
    WbUrFQm.png
    Stage or movie?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    vcosley wrote: »
    No music or singing careers? No drums, no spiral stairs for the stars to walk down, no stairs with landings? No cars or garages? No fire station or fireman career, No famous chief career, who could cook for the stars. I can wait, but I probably will get it for the build items at some point.

1. We already have the musician career in base game -- with Get Famous you'll be able to become a famous musician, and if you have CL you can sing with your instrument and incorporate that.
    2. Ditto with the chef -- every career will have paths to fame (if you want to go that route). Maybe famous Sims will be able to hire special servicepeople like a personal chef or fitness trainer (Sims can already hire caterers from their home refrigerators).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    [quote="drakharis;c-16768817"]Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.

I would prepare for the worse. They already let modders know they are updating Python which will break every script mod. Who knows what else that change will bring to the overall game as well.[/quote]

It could actually improve the game -- with having to rewrite the code to be 3.7 compliant, they might catch some of the long-standing bugs. And reportedly 3.7 has better tools for catching code conflicts.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Princes_BubblePrinces_Bubble Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't wait i've been excited since i found out its coming out and i can't even play the game because i'm waiting for it. With the new career that there is going to be it's gonna make the game more fun. But honestly i'm most excited to see the CAS items. From the trailer i saw there's a new hair. But just in general i'm super excited and i cant wait.
    I can't wait i've been excited since i found out its coming out and i can't even play the game because i'm waiting for it. With the new career that there is going to be it's gonna make the game more fun. But honestly i'm most excited to see the CAS items. From the trailer i saw there's a new hair. But just in general i'm super excited and i cant wait.

Princess Bubble is a great name for a kids TV show hostess who lives in a castle on a cloud.
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    I hope they fix the death announcement feature or celebrity sims are going to be in perpetual mourning for every sim they've briefly met.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Sometimes the celebrity stuff annoys me, I disabled it in sims 3, but the acting career does sound cool. Love having a new neighborhood. I'm killing baby Ariel first chance I get, whoever the plum that is, don't like that they put real celebrities in our games.

I was hoping for cars like most. Hopefully university is next.

Same team. Just had to look this kid up and.. WHY DEVS?
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I Love the sound of this get famous the clothes look good and the hairstyles The new world I just hope we can sign autographs . This pack looks Great.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Stage or movie?

movie
    WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »
    Stage or movie?

movie

I haven't heard that the acting jobs will create an actual movie for our sims to watch. So, I doubt that they have created a movie theater.

But I have a few on the gallery built on a cafe lot using the big screen with speakers on the side. If your sim creates a group with all the other sims there, they will watch as a group. Then, when you want to leave, disband the group. You can check them out at #dannydanbo
  • Sul_Sul_JoeSul_Sul_Joe Posts: 1 New Member
    When will it be on cosole since we get everything late?