Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes because it will bring back how Sims used to be and also add more story to it like your house gets robbed you call the police the police come take them to jail. If you play as a police officer you go to the police station and guess who sitting in the cell your burglar that would be awesome. Also I would like to get calls as a police officer of someone stealing from a house and we catch them instead of looking for them.

It would be cool if they gave us some kind of wall safe that thieves or our sims as burglars could crack open and rob.

Yeah like Sim money in the safe crack it open and like a gold lighting appears also it should have chances between being caught and not being caught.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Yes because it will bring back how Sims used to be and also add more story to it like your house gets robbed you call the police the police come take them to jail. If you play as a police officer you go to the police station and guess who sitting in the cell your burglar that would be awesome. Also I would like to get calls as a police officer of someone stealing from a house and we catch them instead of looking for them.

It would be cool if they gave us some kind of wall safe that thieves or our sims as burglars could crack open and rob.

Yeah like Sim money in the safe crack it open and like a gold lighting appears also it should have chances between being caught and not being caught.

I want a bank or the ATM machine that is working.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2018
    Other
    There are just so many things I'd rather have. And it's so easy to make money in the game that I wouldn't consider having my stuff stolen much of a consequence, just more of an annoyance.

Now if the burglars were to come and steal money away that'd be a different story ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other
    What's the difference between a burglar stealing you stuff and you being the burglar?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I would like it but I also feel like it would be a buggy mess
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    No thanks. It's needless tedium, and no one has shown me otherwise. Having to buy another TV or computer isn't a 'challenge' after like, day 3. Waking up in the middle of the night and having the next day of work or school ruined isn't a 'challenge', it's a wasted day. All these threads happen and I have yet to be convinced it's a useful addition.

The only way I'd want burglars back is if it was an active career (think the opposite of the Detective career). But I don't need the random NPCs.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    I wouldnt mind it as long as there is a burglar alarm to buy, I can have my sims fight off burglars or the police fight them off. I dont want burglars just stealing my things and I'd have to just deal with that happening.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited October 2018
    (Mistaken post)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other
    Having a guard dog that attacks the burglar would be funny.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    It was very annoying in the sims 3, especially since we could do nothing about it like call the cops or fight the burglar.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Given that vampires can break in and clean up your dirty dishes...

tumblr_pggjk5eJq31v2n804o1_1280.png

Can't we have a little realism to counter it? Like vampire hunters breaking in to hunt them down? I mean, burglars who want to steal your dirty dishes?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Other
    Only if the sims have the right to defend their stuff. Someone breaks in your sim should not stand there like a statue - they need to act like real people and keep it from happening any way they can.

Sims 3 was the first Sims game it got decent - as all my sims had heavy duty martial arts training and believe me the burglar never made out well. That was fair and like where I live. We take no bull here. Give us defense mechanism and fairness and we can have burglars. You can't then don't want them.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes.

....Just please don't let the music be as terrifying as it was in TS1.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    As long as we get a burglar alarm. I loved the panic dance the burglars in ts3 did when it went off.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2018
    I would love burglars
    a256aFi.gif
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    No, because it's just like appliances breaking - it gets old fast :/
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    technically we have them. in the form of kleptomaniacs.

they just don't get arrested
  • meowpixel24meowpixel24 Posts: 3 New Member
    Something would go wrong and it would happen every week. Or it'd be a buggy mess like others said, but I think it'd be a cool addition. And we don't have enough music in the Sims 4 that puts me into cardiac arrest.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    Big YES!
    #DramaAndDanger
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    If we have any cowplants, we can assign them as guards.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Depends on whether we get burglar alarms, police and the chance to have a fight!
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    Other
    Vampires come just like the burglar, I like them better. I just want a weapon to kill them when they do.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    the 'ugly' sims make the game more interesting. There's many people in real life who have 'ugly' facial features who are actually really attractive altogether. There is beauty in imperfection. Which is why some of the most celebrated top models have a unique imperfection of sorts that people would otherwise call ugly. In fact, I find generic 'perfect' faces to be ugly. I always make my founder sim with some sort of distinguished feature and am entertained by seeing it continue on in the generations, and back when I used to write a lot of sims stories, my readers like it too, and those unusually nice looking sims were often their favourites, more so than the generic 'perfect' looking one's.
    Goopy the 'ugly' townie in Sims 2 was many people's favourite, as was Mortimer Goth and his distinguished nose in Sims 3.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    mORE STRESSS
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Other
    I could think of hundreds more things I would love for my game - then the pointless and annoying toilet stealing burglars. At least in Sims 3 we could do martial arts on them - but usually in the game we don't get to do much of nothing - which i find annoying and pointless. So it would be the last thing I'd ever ask to return - for my game. Hope it has a shut off - other wise just more useless - pointless play to me anyway. I like play to have a vital point and make a difference in my games - in some form or manner/ Burglar is just plain an annoyance for no good reason what so ever, no retaliation - and just plain rather pointless.

Your Sims are also not in danger either - they are pointless. They want to waste animation - then do it for something we can get something out of - not silly - useless temp roleplay that has no real purpose, gain, impact, or something. There is no police that can respond- so what good does an alarm do. The Get to work police don't really go to homes except when you are playing the police detective. So what is the point of the burglar coming to your sims house, waking every one up, and then taking your stuff while your sims can do nothing?

Maybe the game can add the Neighborhood Watch Patrol and we can have all our sims neighbors chasing burglars all night.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....