Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

For those who don't know, in the Sims 2 and 3 there was a chance of a burglary occurring to your sims, most often at night. It was very similar to the vampire random event that happens if you have the Vampire GP; except instead of stealing your sim's blood, a burglar NPC would steal their belongings. Would you want a burglary event to be introduced into the game? Feel free to elaborate your choice!

Do You Want Burglary Back? 437 votes

Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
53%
CK213OneAdorkableGirlEvvieSimmericmnfrshtimndrewsmomBen1010Bluefairy286IdontrcallEdoubleGoodiesCheesySimsLoveralan650111IceyJaprilrosedavidp0418laurastalZeriManderMurduhSimmySimianMrsTomato1018BreeNilla 234 votes
No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
12%
StormkeepMi9shaoscarshadyladynzSusanaLeoteMariefoxprice83simgirl1010friendlysimmerscomasyouarg01denswandragonfreakldmarkotonymcanallyPinkHairGuitaryuppCeCeDotClassicalSimfloridameerkatAfluttercatitude5frog211 54 votes
No - I feel like it would end up being a buggy mess.
1%
Paigeisin5Bagoas77HannaZojaInsaneStarShannonMarie_76logionChelsPlaySimsIVXXXVI 8 votes
Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
28%
redrogue60grevilliabluestoryySimsweetieSimsILikeSimsSimburianCorkysPetalsTiarellalsnishiGvaudoinKementariAnmirlainvisiblgirlpiccprincessmoltazialuthienrisingLouise_WordsworthRoboSpongiealanmichael1zagboorules 124 votes
Other
3%
DannydanboHejixFKM100Writin_Regstilljustme2DoloresGreyJon the WizardSimalleyailetakenbysheepCupidpoltergeist1ovemysimsDrakosTeena94IrendalEnjoyfulSimmerSimsterLiv 17 votes

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Nope, this is definitely one of those things I really don't miss.
  • this-is-normthis-is-norm Posts: 41 Member
    I made the poll bc I'm of two minds abt this. I really did love the added tension of not know if my sims things were 100 percent safe, but I was also pretty annoyed when actually happened. I think I would like the burglary event back if they did give the option of calling the cops, buying an home alarm in Build Mode, or straight up fighting the burglar. But I'm also thinking abt how buggy vampires can be, like how they sometimes show up at public venues, trapping you there. I honestly have no idea if I actually would want it back or not.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wouldn’t use the word stress even though in reality it’s a highly stressful event. But I will always vote for the return of the burglar as they are an iconic sims NPC and the game badly needs consequence that isn’t a moodlet.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    long live klepto sims.
    Oi6zEfK.gif
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes. I miss seeing the burglar and police officer fight in the Attack interaction LOL This goes all the way back to Sims 1 even.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want them back
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    I'm fine either way really. they are a classic too. ideally we'd have some way to deal with them when they do show up.
    6riwm5.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A Sims game is not complete without burglars.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2018
    Other
    I used to say I want burglars. But yesterday my husband's bike was stolen. It was locked and inside of our house. It was just a bike but I don't feel safe anymore. Since that happened I am not sure whether I want burglars or not...
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I found the burglars in TS3 upsetting - but I miss these kind of events in TS4. Your sim is being robbed of the brand new fridge they were just able to afford? Too bad. Your sim forgot to pay their bills and the repo-man is coming to ruin their day? Get over it! Your sim died in a meteor shower? That's (simulated) life!
    Obviously these things should not happen all the time, but without any risk the game is a lot less fun - at least to me.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, why not? Maybe my criminal Sims can have an active career as well..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes, but only if we can fight the burglar or call the police. I want my sims to have a chance to stop it happening. And, I don’t want it happening too often.

Would be nice if our sims could be burglars too. I have a kleptomaniac vampire who creeps into other sims’ houses at night using her vampire “eternally welcome” power and steals from them. But, unfortunately kleptomaniacs can only steal one object every eight hours (or maybe every four hours I’m not sure).
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    If there's going to be burglars. They should have it to where your household could be burglarized by someone else living with your Sims or maybe that thieving person your Sim is dating currently. Like a roommate pretending to go off to work but comes back to burglarized the place masked. Maybe the Sim could be more shock or disappointed being robbed by someone they know.
    Maybe there could be a group of burglars to visit your lot. Should be robbed any hour of the day.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    :smile: When I first started playing Sims 4, it took me forever to get out of the habit of making sure there was nothing outside that could be stolen, even though I knew there were no burglars. (Now, with Seasons, I've had to bring stuff back indoors to protect it from lightning.)

One thing I really did not like with burglars in previous iterations was the screaming alarm - I'm very sensitive to noise. I wouldn't mind having to outsmart burglars again (putting in alarms and so forth) to add a bit of challenge, however.

Also, it would be nice if the burglar wouldn't steal things like wall lights. Evidently, there was a huge black market in 'refurbished' wall lights. Sims 3 burglars couldn't get enough of them. (Of course, I wouldn't be happy if he or she stole my Sims' fully upgraded and modded computer, either.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Having to replace items is needlessly annoying, especially if the burglars should target hard to procure stuff from collections. That's also why I prefer the utilities cut over the former repoman.

I wouldn't mind burglars as much if they took money. Maybe sneak up to a kitchen cupboard and take it out of the cookie jar with a grin? Or from under the matress, while the sim is sleeping.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I just want things to be able to go wrong in this game, in general. TS4 is sorely missing the aspect of random events that gave the previous games charm. Everything is too sugar-coated, for the sake of people who just want a happy-go-lucky game that they have complete control over - thus ignoring those of us who like unexpected things to happen to our sims.

I hope the next Sims game has an Easy, Medium, and Hard mode. I think that would be the simplest compromise, so those that don't want danger/consequences can avoid it, and those who do, can actually have it in their game without it being incredibly hard to have it happen at random.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    TS4 seems like some sort of utopia in which everyone is happy as long as the room is pretty. I'd love a bit more drama to create some new stories! They can add some funny elements to the burglar event so that it won't be that scary.

+ if they can create a lamp to keep the monster away from the kids bed, they can create something to put in your sims home which prevents the thief from showing up. That way simmers who don't want to be confronted with such a thing can prevent is from happening.

Also, I'm pretty sure a GP containing "bad things" would sell quite well. You know a GP which contains things like burglars, pickpocketing, more random fires (and firemen!!), the debt collector, more ways to die (allergy for peanuts, bee stings, influenza from TS2 and stuff like that), ...
    LiesSim wrote: »
    I always loved the burglars and I've been playing since I was 8... I bet the vampires we now have would've scared me more than burglars. Actually, not even those would've scared me. As long as they keep it light and breezy there's nothing scary about it. Maybe add an option to turn them off? Or add them to a stuff pack which includes other things that are "scary" so sensitive people know it might not be the right pack for them. They could do some funny things with them too. Maybe with a radio playing, instead of running away when the alarm goes off, the burglar can do the roger rabbit or the running man move or something (so (s)he can start crying when the police arrives). They don't even need to fight, just have the officer show the handcuffs and point the finger. Honestly just add them already, they aren't scary enough to make someone lose sleep. Make them trip over carpets and steal ridiculous things like the toilet and no one will be frightened.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Other
    I used to say I want burglars. But yesterday my husband's bike was stolen. It was locked and inside of our house. It was just a bike but I don't feel safe anymore. Since that happened I am not sure whether I want burglars or not...
    trai

Sorry to hear about the bike.

Burglars were fun when my Sim would have the Brave trait and fight the burglar himself/herself (especially combined with high Athletic skill). Maybe there could be a lot trait for those players that really don't want the burglars stealing their Sims' stuff; you could put that lot trait on your poor to middle class Sims' lots, and take it off for the wealthy Sims.

I'm meh on burglars TBH -- I want to see firefighters return first.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other
    Only if my sim can be the burglar and break into other sims homes and steal their stuff.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I don't want burglars because I don't like unexpected things happening in my game. I play the sims to escape from life and for me that means being able to control everything that happens to my sims.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes because it will bring back how Sims used to be and also add more story to it like your house gets robbed you call the police the police come take them to jail. If you play as a police officer you go to the police station and guess who sitting in the cell your burglar that would be awesome. Also I would like to get calls as a police officer of someone stealing from a house and we catch them instead of looking for them.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I have a question so should Sims especially kleptos. Have the option of going to jail? And you can't play them for a couple of Sim days because their in jail then they get like a sad moodlet just a thought.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Yes! We still get fires happening in TS4 so why not burglary? I would have thought fires were more stressful than burglary but that's just me x
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes because it will bring back how Sims used to be and also add more story to it like your house gets robbed you call the police the police come take them to jail. If you play as a police officer you go to the police station and guess who sitting in the cell your burglar that would be awesome. Also I would like to get calls as a police officer of someone stealing from a house and we catch them instead of looking for them.

It would be cool if they gave us some kind of wall safe that thieves or our sims as burglars could crack open and rob.