Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the job you use most in TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Updated until this post.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited October 2018
    It's a toss-up between Painter, Writer, and Critic for me, but at the end of the day it has to be Painter. I just like having a lot of time (and money) on my hands.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Doctor Career. I don't know why but I love this one!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The medical career is my all time favourite, even though I hate that the motives of the other sims at work/school while my Sims is on the active career lot are going completely wild.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I wish there was a Veterinary career, my Sims, buy a veterinary business, but is still considered unemployed, even though they work there. Seems daft to have a skill cheat, but no job to go to.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'd say I have more "self-employed" sims than anything else, mostly as a freelance painter or archeologist. I also have a sim that's completed all the rocket upgrades & makes a trip to Sixam a couple times a week & always gathers up enough treasures there to keep the bills paid & then some. As for those in actual careers, I try to keep them pretty evenly spread out, but I seem to have more in the tech & astronaut careers than anything else.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The medical career is my all time favourite, even though I hate that the motives of the other sims at work/school while my Sims is on the active career lot are going completely wild.

That's why I usually steer clear of the active careers unless I have a single sim that I don't plan on starting a family with until they've reached the top & I can start sending them to work alone, because at that point it just gets repetitive anyway.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Tech Guru and Athlete for me.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Idk does retail count as a job cause if it does then retail if not then... I have no idea I like retail :wink:
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Usually culinary, athlete, painter, and retail business owner. :smile:

I have a few sims in active careers of Doctor and Police Officer.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Writer for me too.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    doctor
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Probably Business, Writer & Culinary
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ajmstiltajmstilt Posts: 7 New Member
    My Sims tend to go Painter or Athlete the most as far as Maxis careers go. Those two "fit" with my more common archetypes.

But I use custom careers the most. (Currently having a blast with ultimate dancer)

Lately I've found I've been "freezing" my Sims careers. The middle aged, balding, cat loving, slovenly, middle manager, for example Will never make it past Regional manager.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Busines
    Doctor
    Politics
    Social media

Wow this is bad. I'm just realizing that all my sims have been stereotyped to just these four careers
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think I use Tech Guru most often.
    ajmstilt wrote: »

Lately I've found I've been "freezing" my Sims careers. The middle aged, balding, cat loving, slovenly, middle manager, for example Will never make it past Regional manager.

I do the same. Not everyone is going to make it to the top of a career. I expect I'll limit them even more once Get Famous is released. I want a really gap between the haves and the have nots
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Painter, for sure. You wind up making so much extra money skilling up for your job, plus eventually you only work twice a week. Perfect!
  • Options
    panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    Hmm Painter and Doctor (GTW). I like the variety you get in the Doctor career. I find the Scientist one the most boring and the Detective one glitches on me.
  • Options
    Updated until this post.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'll go with the flow here: Painter, Culinary, and Business for me. Not necessarily because it's what I want, but because it often comes closest to what I have in mind for the sims in question. For example, a psychologist with an interest in art history will inevitably become a painter because there is no psychology career, and painting is the closest thing to his secondary hobby.

I also find myself using the Social Media career more often than I'd like. It's basically my go-to career for any sims that I can't find anything else for, which happens often because many of my sims (like the aforementioned psychologist) are based on real or fictional people with jobs that don't exist (yet?) in the Sims 4 universe.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I use Tech Guru, Entertainer and Culinary careers most! They fit in more with what my sims are like.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I use the work from home careers a lot right now. But the one career I've used the most is Culinary
  • Options
    updated. Thanks for your answers.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Probably the most used is the scientist career...love that sim ray. After that, painter, writer and tech guru with most of the rest falling by the wayside. I have never played detective or political careers...no interest.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Staralien7Staralien7 Posts: 34 Member
    This may be my first post. I don't remember posting before. Anyway...I have a lot of artists and writers. I like the painting career because they can make a lot of money fast. I usually cheat by giving them the connections, visionary, and marketable traits so they start at level 4 in the career and their paintings are worth more. Actually I give the connections trait to all the Sims so all of them start out at level 4 no matter what career they(I) choose. :D Recently, I created a house full of scientists and techies for a build and they were a lot of fun to play. I am trying to create different types of Sims and careers to make things more interesting. I am thinking of doing a roll the dice method in creating Sims so the choice is taken from me and more by chance since I am a flawed human and tend to choose the same type all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top