Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect 2019 to be?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Not sure how many GPs, EPs, and SPs they are planning for 2019, but... Lets pretend that they are now going to follow the 2 EP's per year, then lets add 2 GP's and 2 SP's. What do you want them to be? Mine would be:

1 - Beach Travel Spot Game Pack
2 - 70's Couture and Furniture Stuff Pack
3 - University Expansion Pack
4 - Makin' Magic/Witches Game Pack
5 - Men's Fashion Stuff Pack
6 - Hobbies: Sports, Arts, Crafts and CARS. Expansion Pack
Post edited by Karon on

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    These are more or less my expectations.
    An education themed expansion pack, it doesn't have to be specifically university.
    And a witches/magic themed game pack. Given what was crammed into the vampires pack, I can see the potential for something pretty good.
    I seriously thought that an education themed ep would what we'd get soon.
    2 - 70's Couture and Furniture Stuff Pack
    Nice idea!

Personally, I'm hoping for a bands themed stuff pack, assuming get famous doesn't contain drums and bands. That is, if they don't just add them as a nice little freebie, as an apology for not adding them sooner.

We already have a tropical travel game pack, (Jungle Adventures), so what I'd rather see, is an alpine travel game pack. With the addition of building hills on lots, skiing, and snowboarding become greater possibilities.

But my top preference for a travel pack is...
    A Gothic seaside holiday and creepy carnival
    Goths need somewhere to holiday, somewhere not hot, not tropical, and not sunny, but with a beach, so they can be happily miserable when it's cold and rainy.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    2019 is going to be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!....oh yeah, sorry, your talking about The Sims. lol
    But seriously I think it's going to be pretty good.

Before anyone takes this the wrong way, it's just that I'm getting ready to be a first-time grandma in a few hours.

oh that's awesome!! super glad for you!

as for packs, I'm hoping for witches most of all and I suspect they're a definite possibility for next year. possibly even a romantic/wedding centered pack? university and maybe something pertaining to hobbies are a possibility too. I'd like to see some more niche stuff packs, ones that remind me of the cultural and fantasy sets of TS3. everyone else's ideas are good too! I hope we each see something we'd really like in the upcoming year.
    6riwm5.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EPs:
    Tropic Life EP (modeled after Island Paradise)
    Get Learning EP (improves education at all levels)

GPs:
    Magic GP (adds ability for all Sims to learn magic)
    Generations GP (adds activities/interactions for all age groups)

SPs
    Teen Stuff SP -- we've had Kids Room and Toddlers, time for teens to get some SP love!
    Fixer Upper SP -- featured item would be the fixer-upper car similar to the one from Sims 3 Store/Roaring Heights, along with items to outfit the garage like tool racks, tool boxes etc, maybe even a car lift. Two Sims can work on the car at the same time making upgrades faster and both building Handiness and relationship.

If they're making more than one EP a year (which seems to be the case) I think they cut back on SPs especially after the poor reception MFP received.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    My money is on a Magic pack that involves spells.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Witches/Makin Magic is my number one. I really miss my witches. University would be cool as long as it came with a decent amount of new careers. I'd really love a tropical world, as well as a mountainous/winter world--tropical I could see as an EP, winter might be GP. I really hope for a Farming/Western type as GP--I miss horses!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Tropical Travel Spot Game Pack
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    2019 is going to be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!....oh yeah, sorry, your talking about The Sims. lol
    But seriously I think it's going to be pretty good.

Before anyone takes this the wrong way, it's just that I'm getting ready to be a first-time grandma in a few hours.

No worries -- congratulations! My mom had 6 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren before she passed away, and enjoyed all of them. Hope Mom and baby are healthy and Dad isn't too frantic. B) 2018 was pretty plum for me and my husband but hoping 2018 looks a lot better.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh, I love these ideas. I especially like the idea of a men's fashion stuff pack. And with gender options, our non-conforming female sims can get in on the action too. :)

I do like the idea of beach vacations and hotels coming back. I think there was a survey option back then about a combined beach and winter getaway pack, which I'd like even more.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Witches, Fairies, Mermaids.
    But most important thing: HORSES!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m really hoping for one or some of the following:

-Witch pack
    -Education pack
    -Hobbies pack
    -Bands pack
    -Fashion pack (want fashion career and modeling when I saw that Get Famous doesn’t really have them)
    -Tropical Island pack with swimmable oceans and mermaids (like Sims 3’s Island Paradise pack) :smile:

Aw, that’s awesome! Congrats! :smile:

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I'm hoping for a Farm EP, an Elder SP and a Tropical GP.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Karon wrote: »
    Not sure how many GPs, EPs, and SPs they are planning for 2019, but... Lets pretend that they are now going to follow the 2 EP's per year, then lets add 2 GP's and 2 SP's. What do you want them to be? Mine would be:

6 - Hobbies: Sports, Arts, Crafts and CARS. Expansion Pack

I hope # 3 comes first then maybe 6 if they are going to do 2 EPs a year (I initially read #6 as a GP/SP, ooops LOL). I would take #4 as a game pack so I can create Hogwarts.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Hoping for:
    University EP
    Tropical Vacation EP
    Witches GP

• CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Really hope it's a Uni EP next year :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hoping for:
    University EP
    Tropical Vacation EP
    Witches GP

Yes, please, to this order! :smiley::heart:
    (For me, I would also add a sports or hobbies pack later on!)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    #free the babies
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    University is the main thing I want. I'd also like Fairies or Mermaids, but I imagine Witches will come before them. I'm not a fan of the more 'creepy' life states, but still hope Witches will happen for those that want them.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    What I expect? Probably some type of University pack.
    What I want? Nothing in particular, honestly. I’ve got pretty much everything I’ve really wanted from the beginning.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    for EPs: I'm thinking University is almost a certainty. And if they are doing 2 EPS a year again, I think farming is most likely. They asked about it early this year, took polls on things, so a year out sounds about right.

for GPs: I'm guessing 2 packs at least, maybe 3 at most. Definitely a life state, witches are most likely based on polls, though I'd rather have werewolves. And a vacation/travel destination. Tropical island or something mountainous, or maybe a big city style vacation place.

Not sure if SPs are going to be a thing or not. If they are I'd more than anything like decade/retro themed SPs.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited October 2018
    University, Hobbies & Beaches! *crosses fingers tightly*

Oh and like some carnival pack
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I'd be surprised if we didn't get University (or a more general education) pack next year.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Magic I really want magic back please Maxis made it happen. :'(
    Beach Vacation/World
    More Jobs for my Sims
    And a Band Music Pack (why wasn't that included in Get Famous)
    Modeling Fashion Pack (same as above) :/
  • ajmstiltajmstilt Posts: 7 New Member
    Since you said Want and not expect so:

1: "Get to Building" - An expansion focusing on build mode. With terrain tools now available, this expansion adds a new architecture/builder/Interior Decorator career. It also gives us: new stairs (Spiral, L shaped, U shaped with landings), elevators, ramps, more pool options (diving boards, slides, etc), Cieling options, lots more landscaping options, etc.

1b: Decorator stuff - A stuff pack with slightly recolored versions of the building stuff that's been in the game since launch, with some new kitchen cabinets, couches, porches, etc. Some CAS items: hard hats, safety vests, overalls, work boots.
    (unless they're giving up on stuff packs, then it might be a game pack with the builder/architect/Interior designer careers)

2: " Get Educated" - The over speculated University expansion. I won't belabor

3: "Making Music" = A game pack that introduces: bands, drums, performance stages, amplifiers, a new Rapping skill, etc. Adds several new skills, and a few flavors of a new build item "the stage". With the stage your band can: perform "sets" (selected through the new band system), Rap (and rap battle), actors can put on stage plays, singers can sing, comedians can do their routines, etc. This will tie into the fame system (if you have the get famous expansion expansion).
    This pack also introduces a new band system similar to the club system. Where members skill up collectively and can take gigs, choose advancements, and select performance tracks. This pack will also introduce the "R&B" radio station. Also allows non band members to become "fans".