Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer homes with clutter or without?

Comments

• Options
    LazyGamerLazyGamer Posts: 39 Member
    I don't like clutter at all. Get it away from me!
    I like my houses to look not lived in :D
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Do you mean in general, or in builds? I'll end up putting in my own clutter with collectables and stuff. I hate it when there's boatloads of it that I have to delete from a build.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    I like a little bit of clutter here and there.
    I put some in my houses I build. Like makeup on the master bath counter. Odds and ends of kitchen things on kitchen counters.
    But I dont try to fill every space
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    I like clutter in reasonable amounts.
    I like clutter, but nothing too crazy. It really makes a house feel more like a home for me.

If I'm downloading from the gallery I prefer minimal clutter though, that way I can decorate to suit my Sims more easily.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Moderately...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    idoliseidolise Posts: 9 New Member
    I like some the build/buy mode clutter but I often find myself deleting a lot of it from houses that i download from the gallery some are just unnecessarily cluttered. Usually i prefer putting in objects that have meaning to the family, building it up over time
  • Options
    Louise_WordsworthLouise_Wordsworth Posts: 33 Member
    When my Sims start out they're usually in a cube with plain walls, one bed, a shower, and a fridge (or the cooler). I don't normally decorate with clutter items until I have enough money to build a proper bedroom/kitchen/bathroom. Then I add some basic clutter, the roll of TP, an (unused) laundry basket in the bathroom, the decorative lemons in the kitchen, 1 wall decoration in each room. Not a lot. Eventually I build up to having 1-2 super expensive items/clutter objects in each room to give the Sim a "well decorated" moodlet. Usually when I consider their dream house to be 'done'.

Though I just got Parenthood so their home is VERY cluttered with toys and projects and items for that. It does make a change for me and I don't mind that playstyle either!

If I download a finished house from the gallery (some houses I can desig myselfn, some I can't do well, like Art Deco or Modern), I don't prefer an item on every single available slot/surface of the house. When every console table has 3 or more items on it, and every side table has an item, and every shelf has multiple items... Then my sim gets something from their career/brings a project home and I can't place it anywhere... I can't cope lol.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    LazyGamer wrote: »
    I like my houses to look not lived in :D

I'll put things like toothbrushes in the bathroom, things like that, but some houses look like a hoarder lives there.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It depends on what I am going for; but I like to keep the clutter down to a minimal amount. Even i real life, if it is in the way, can't use it or doesn't look nice; I don't want it and tend to go with that when creating houses for my sims.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Some clutter is nice but sometimes, in some places I have downloaded, the routing takes too long.
    Then there is the MOO cheat, which drives me crazy, if you want to rearrange items.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I love clutter! More is better!
    I love lots of clutter. It makes it very homey. In traditional and suburban houses, the more clutter the better. I go for a Weasley Burrow-esque vibe with lots of clutter when it comes to those types of houses. However, If its a modern house, I don't like any clutter that doesn't suit the theme or colors of the house.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    It depends.
    For me honestly, it depends on the overall character of the sim inhabiting it.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I usually don't put alot of small details like toiletpaper in the bathroom and so on, because it will be too much for me. And sometimes I feel like the stuff is in the way, + IRL is so messy, so I kinda want to have a place where it can be sort of order like I wish it was here :D
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    It can more realistic. I also according to sims traits/ careers to putting clutter, such as lazy sims' sundries heap, self assured sims' perfumes.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    How much depends on my sim’s personality, but I like a little clutter in all my homes to make them feel lived in. I have to have tp in the bathrooms even though sims can’t use it. I also like to have tissue boxes around the house, soap dispensers and toothbrush holders in my bathrooms, and makeup trays, perfume and nail polish for my female sims. For some kids and teens, I add the book bag floor clutter and pile of clothes clutter, but I don’t add it for my neater kids.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    My houses have to have character and personality . I like to display art , trophys, collectables etc...that my sims have acquired during their lifetime.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    It depends.
    If the clutter improves the surrounding, why not? However if it did nothing, then NO!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I love clutter! More is better!
    I use clutter -lots and lots of clutter. However, in my defense, my sim world is more mythical/otherworldly so my designs aren't meant for practical or functional use. (id est: my library is actually an ancient ruin/temple so there's a lot of items in the clutter and deco section I use heavily to give an ancient temple vibe). Also, because I don't use CCs or MODs, I often have to create something out of merge objects so that sort of up the amount of clutter I use.

Pity clutter has such a bad wrap lol.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I tend to play without, because of the way bills have worked since Sims 2. My sims tend to acquire clutter the more I play a given house, however. If I have a sim with a strong personality -- one I want to explore more -- I might use objects to claim their space. For instance, my legacy house has a room where my favorite sim (varies by generation) lives, and the décor and items in that room always reflect the Sim's hobbies and what I perceive as their character. For instance, sim Lisa may be very girly, and I'll have makeup objects and the female shoe collection in her room - - while Lena is much more spartan, and her room has a black and white scheme with various gym equipment.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I don't like unusable stuff.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Clutter is where I create personality. The things I decorate and have sitting around my sims house directly relate to the personality I see that sim having. Clutter is very important to me. Most all of my custom content is buy mode objects and a lot of it is clutter cause base game doesn't have enough .
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I like a bit of clutter, it makes it feel more homely and real :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I love my cluttered homes. I was leaning on the option I chose and “it depends”, but overall I play most households with clutter. How much I use mainly varies between the types of Sims that live there.
    For me, yes, it makes it look and feel more lived-in.
  • Options
    gingergirl_tgingergirl_t Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2018
    I voted "It depends" (or I thought I did, but it says "I like a little bit" so I may have clicked the wrong thing) -- I rarely bother putting it in houses I create, but for storytelling purposes sometimes it's appropriate!

I have a fair amount of clutter in my own home and it stresses me out sometimes -- so my sims generally tend to be more minimalist folk.
    It has begun again. http://gingergen.wordpress.com
  • Options
    gingergirl_tgingergirl_t Posts: 60 Member
    I even keep the things that they make from the craft table, school projects, etc.

This is one of the types of clutter I often use. If I'm playing a family I do keep the seasonal crafts and stuff that the kids make -- that seems like an "organic" type of clutter to me, since it was generated by in-game activity. I hang my son's art, so my sims do the same!
    It has begun again. http://gingergen.wordpress.com