Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As an Expansion Pack, does "Get Famous" look overpriced?

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No, Get Famous does not look overpriced
    I really, really don't want to turn this into a debate as to what's objectively trash or not. That sort of discussion is never fruitful. I'll just repeat that lots of people working hard on a thing does not necessarily make it good or worth my while.

Also, I'll repeat my main point. From what we know now, this seems closer to GP levels of applicability than full EP levels. I openly admit that we're running on very limited information here, and I'll be happy to change my tune if some new piece of information changes that expectation.

I agree that sort of thing is never fruitful. :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Yes, Get Famous currently looks overpriced
    I'm getting it for my birthday present, but yeah, it looks overpriced. I was expecting at least two open careers like bands and being an actor, or maybe even a supermodel. But hopefully the social influencer career will add more that we just haven't seen yet. I'm guessing it will be a Kim Kardashian like job where sims get paid to be seen around the world living a fabulous life. Which would be a great career for some of my sim's rich children who like to party all night and sleep all day while they boss around the maid, gardener, and butler.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited October 2018
    Its to early to judge for Sure.

1. There could possible tons of new features that aren't been revealed yet.
    2. The fame and Reputation system is not yet shown.
    3. The depth of the content is still unknown.
    4. EDIT- Realized that they also haven't reveled any new aspirations, traits and even skills yet.

For that said I still think it is worth becoming an Expansion Pack. IF this was a gamepack, only the acting career will be here not including the fame and reputation system, or vice versa. Heck the Fame might even be different than the reputation system. We still don't know. But why I think it is an EP type is because of the content. This is something that can't fit into a gamepack. And Literary I enjoy having the team focus on one big feature and expanding its theme to its fullest potential in an Expansion Pack rather than cramming all of the features they can at one pack as many as possible. If all of the content here are in-depth than its not just worth being an Expansion Pack, but also its asking price. I am still waiting for some information to be revealed.
  • SkoodalsSkoodals Posts: 2 New Member
    So yes I do think it’s overpriced and here’s why. So far all they have said is you rise to fame in acting. While I realize sims 4 is a bigger deal in making than sims 3, still, lets not forget what it was like in sims 3. I felt like we really always got our money’s worth in there because when we got an actual expansion it involved many layers. For the one where you could be a celebrity you could be an actor, acrobat or magician. There were many choices. And I know a lot goes into creating interactive jobs but even in sims 4 with the work expansion you have interactive jobs like a doctor, cop and a scientist. So why is this new full $40 expansion only containing one direction? Honestly I was pretty bummed because I thought for sure they’d finally be giving us a college expansion lol but I’m a loyal simmer and will be getting this new one anyways. I Know we might not know everything about it yet but typically when we get an actual trailer we see the whole idea of it so I doubt we’ll find out later there’s a couple more ways to get famous in it. But here’s hoping!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's expensive in general..but, I don't think it's overpriced..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    if you look at the canadien price for get famous its listed at 52.00$ a bit over price for an expansionpack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    if you look at the canadien price for get famous its listed at 52.00$ a bit over price for an expansionpack

Could it be due to the currency exchange fluactation? Mine is always at SGD49.90...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    The Sims is a big franchise with a BIG name - just like how you have to pay more for a scarf from Hermes, you have to pay more for TS DLC. Also, The Sims has no real competiton. People can protest all they like, but until an indie-company enters the field the prices will be set by EA.
    Yes, EA - probably the most hated company in the gaming industry. EA might be run by evil overlords, I don't know. But one thing I do know: if they now have to lower the prices it won't be EA (or the overlords) that suffers, it will be the employees - the programmers, designers, illustrators and so on. Please have these people in mind when you cry out in outrage. Behind every detail there are people who have spent hours making it as perfect as possible. Unless you know exactly what they all do, please don't undervalue their work.

Now: Get Famous for president expansion pack:
    - Gives us a new active career and adds new mechanic to every existing career - no GP has had both of these.
    - Comes with a new "big" world.
    - In EPs they have more room for CAS and Build items.
    - From what I understand we finally get active sets and you can play in either commercial, movie or TV-series - I can't think of a GP that can compare to this.

Now as a disclaimer: I'm generally an optimistic and easy-to-please person and I might be a tiny bit biased. The Sims Superstars is probably one of my favourite EPs and I really want this version to a good expansion pack, meaning they add as much as possible.

• dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    I think every Expansion Pack is overpriced...well in the UK anyway.

deffinetly overpriced in the UK
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    So far I'm disappointed that it seems like it mostly focuses on acting, but it's a little too early to tell based on just one trailer and a few screenshots, don't you think?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I can't answer this question without more information. We've only seen one trailer so I don't think it's enough to go on.

Agreed....not sure how a full assessment of an EP can be performed on the basis of 1 trailer.
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Get Famous is being released as an Expansion Pack, and will cost $39.99.

Based ENTIRELY on what you see in official information, does Sims 4: Get Famous look overpriced to you? This question does not depend on whether you'll get it, or whether you think it'll enhance your style of play, or even needing more information. It's pure opinion of what you think at the time of clicking the poll button.

This post is abit silly we don’t even know what’s included in this pack yet it’s so early days why not wait till the end of the month when they highlight the features of the pack and then make your decision if weather you think this pack is worth the cost ! If this game delivers some more depth to the game then I would say yes but like I said it’s very early
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    What did you expect they gave us Toddlers for free folks and that had a lot of animation in it so this pack isn't gong to be free and it will have a lot more animation I would think. So stop complaining.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    It's a bit early to say. I'll hold off voting until I have more information.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    ep are 40 no getting around it unless you wait for a sale
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I see some saying that from the trailer alone it looks like a Game Pack with a full sized world, but if they were to remove that full sized world I fail to see how this in depth acting career and fame system could possibly fit into a Game Pack. From what I understand the world itself is a fully featured game play feature, just like San Myshuno and Windenburg are with their unique game play experiences and opportunities.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Depends on what it also contains for me. It's the first pack I want feedback on before paying out the full amount but only because the Fame game doesn't appeal to me personally.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Not sure, it depends on the new neighborhood - how detailed and awesome it is. It also depends on how much stuff there is for the 99% of my sims who won't be actors or superstars. :smile:
    If there's a good deal of both it will be worth the price tag for me.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    At this moment, with the information I have so far, it seems expensive. But that's just my opinion.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I'm surprised it is a full on Expansion Pack as it seems like such a limited concept. I guess I'll see when it's out.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited October 2018
    We don't know much about this expansion.
    Here's what we know:
    • Sims can get famous by skills and careers both from base game and other expansion, game and stuff packs. Befriending or being a child of a celebrity also gives sims fame. Pets cannot be famous and the fame doesn't come from owned businesses.
    • It's harder to get famous than in The Sims 3 (at least according to SimGurus).
    • There's a film career.
    • Famous sims have perks and quirks.
    • Famous sims have disadvantages like paparazzis and obsessed fans (I think).
    • All sims have reputations.
    • There are venues where only celebrities and bouncer's friends can get in.
    • Children and teens can join drama clubs.
    • New world Del Sol Valley. It has two residental neighborhoods and a park.
    What we don't know:
    • What reputation exactly it is? Community (The Sims 2) or romantic (The Sims 3) or both?
    • Every perk and quirk.
    • What sim should avoid doing as a celebrity?
    • How does the drama club work?
    • How does the movie career work?
    • New deaths.
    • New woohoo locations.
    • How many neighborhoods are in Del Sol Valley?
    • New objects with gameplay?
    • What happens when a famous sim dies? Do they get a special gravestone (The Sims 1) or not (The Sims 3).
    • How hard is it to get famous?
    • Can sims even talk to celebrity without being judged unworthy?
    The announcement trailer is meant to give the first impression, the idea what the add-on is going to be about. While yes, Get Together trailers showed sims getting together to party, but in game, sims can get together to read books or do arts and crafts.
    But I'm just saying that because I have to make a tutorial video about this expansion pack (meaning I will buy it no matter what)... :|
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Im so exited about this pack but it does look like overpriced atm, Since if you get only 1 career. Tho it's good to get more expansions over gp or sp so i dont mind about that. I hope fame system is detailed since it's expansion. It's a bit hard to say now about content it add since we have seen only trailer but it does look like that movie star career is detailed so atleast that is good. Im looking forward to it.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I personally value something according to what I feel benefits me and my gameplay. I totally think the price is worth it.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm sorry but how does an EP you know nothing really about but from a trailer and nothing else look overpriced? You have no idea what is in the pack but from a 1 minute trailer.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    We still don't know how far the Fame goes. I would buy it if a Sim could get famous in the political career and maybe run for President or Prime Minister and I could control him or kill him off at whim, or my pets could become Stars on Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.

That'll probably have to wait until Sims 5 though.