Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Foxdog wrote: »
    Hello, my nickname is Sab and I've been simming since The Sims came out as well. I am generally a shy person, (heck, I've been on the forum for two years before I posted a comment) and I am trying to come out of my shell more.. and, you know, become a member so I can actually discuss things with other simmers. I've played (and own) all the sims, so I'm pretty experienced when it comes to those games.

Hello @Foxdog :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums.
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original The Sims. You would have enjoyed creating and playing a number of households over the time, enjoyed building and furnishing homes for them to live in, and seeing how their lives have developed in your game. Simming is very enjoyable !
    I hope that you will enjoy posting about the Sims games on the forum threads, and about the sims households that are in your game.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • AngellLXAngellLX Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I go by Angel or Angle! From Texas~ I've been playing games my entire life, even when I was just a small child! <3 I played a lot of LBP2, Saints Row, GTA, COD, etc. I also loved playing The Sims 2 on PS2! I now play TS4 on PC~ thanks for reading this!
    AngellLX wrote: »
    Hi! I go by Angel or Angle! From Texas~ I've been playing games my entire life, even when I was just a small child! <3 I played a lot of LBP2, Saints Row, GTA, COD, etc. I also loved playing The Sims 2 on PS2! I now play TS4 on PC~ thanks for reading this!

Hello @AngellLX :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been enjoying playing a variety of games throughout your life, starting when you were a young child. You would enjoy choosing what game to play depending on how you are feeling that day and what you would like to play. It is great that you enjoyed playing the console version of Sims 2 and are now playing the pc version of Sims 4 . Gaming and Simming are enjoyable and fun!
    Happy simming! :)
  • SimlishCitySimlishCity Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello, I am SimlishCity! I've been into The Sims since the very beginning, although it has taken me some time to ready myself for posting here, due to anxiety issues. Game wise, I play other stuff, too, but somehow The Sims always manages to make it to the top of my list, no matter the version.
  • ElectricGileqElectricGileq Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello Sims community,

I played the Sims 1 way back in the day, and nowadays I have a friend who worked for Maxis for a time (he's now at BioWare) and recommended I check out the Sims 4. I have, and it is interesting to see a live and active forum for the community, and it seems to be very friendly (which is a nice respite from a lot of the vitriol that seems to exist in some areas of the video game world.)

When I'm not relaxing in a simulated world, I'm in the US military, and love every minute. (Military career field pleeeease?) Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Hello, I am SimlishCity! I've been into The Sims since the very beginning, although it has taken me some time to ready myself for posting here, due to anxiety issues. Game wise, I play other stuff, too, but somehow The Sims always manages to make it to the top of my list, no matter the version.

Hello @SimlishCity :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims one. You would have many special memories of fun and enjoyable times spent simming over the years. Each version of The Sims is very special to play!
    I send hugs to you with your anxiety issues <3 The simming community is welcoming, and we are delighted that you have joined us on the forums :)
    edited October 2018
    Hello Sims community,

I played the Sims 1 way back in the day, and nowadays I have a friend who worked for Maxis for a time (he's now at BioWare) and recommended I check out the Sims 4. I have, and it is interesting to see a live and active forum for the community, and it seems to be very friendly (which is a nice respite from a lot of the vitriol that seems to exist in some areas of the video game world.)

When I'm not relaxing in a simulated world, I'm in the US military, and love every minute. (Military career field pleeeease?) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hello @ElectricGileq :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you used to play Sims 1, and now you are back simming again and playing Sims 4. It is special and nice that your friend encouraged you to play Sims 4 <3
    It is great that you are enjoying your Military career work. Simming would be a nice way of taking a restful and calming break from your career work and all that your real life is holding.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • TonyWGusTonyWGus Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello all, I'm Tony and this is my first post. I was invited to participate in the October BuildnShare challenge and I hope I haven't embarrassed myself too much with my attempt to post links without them being links.
    TonyWGus wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm Tony and this is my first post. I was invited to participate in the October BuildnShare challenge and I hope I haven't embarrassed myself too much with my attempt to post links without them being links.

Hello @TonyWGus :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have entered a build in the current BuildnShare challenge ! The simmers on that thread will be very pleased that you have created a build for the challenge, and understand that new members are unable to post links. Please don’t feel embarased at all!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game, and is fun also :)
    Nice to meet you as well @rosemow . Happy Simming to you.
    Nice to meet you as well @rosemow . Happy Simming to you.

Thankyou! @TonyWGus :) I have posted the links and pictures for you in the challenge thread.
  • mellion225mellion225 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello my name is Letha i started playing Sims since the sims 3. I didn't know anything about the sims until then sadly, but I love playing. I thought I was too old to play because I am don't care anymore.It relives stress and helps relax. I hope to meet more of the sims community because I don't any friends in my community right now
    I have to thank you again @rosemow then for fixing the links to the photos into sharelinks. I didn't realize the mistake until later. Very much appreciated.
    mellion225 wrote: »
    Hello my name is Letha i started playing Sims since the sims 3. I didn't know anything about the sims until then sadly, but I love playing. I thought I was too old to play because I am don't care anymore.It relives stress and helps relax. I hope to meet more of the sims community because I don't any friends in my community right now

Hello @mellion225 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3. Simming is very enjoyable! There are simmers of all ages that play The Sims. You are never ever too old to play the game! :) There are simmers from all age groups who post on these forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on threads. It is nice that you have joined the forums.
    Simming allows us to enjoy taking a restful break from all that the day and our lives have been holding.
    edited October 2018
    I have to thank you again @rosemow then for fixing the links to the photos into sharelinks. I didn't realize the mistake until later. Very much appreciated.
    You’re welcome :)
  • DerpyBanana101DerpyBanana101 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I am a new user and I love to watch Stranger Things & Doctor Who. I love cats & dogs and enjoy taking photographs. In fact, I believe that I will be a photographer when I am older. I love playing my instrument and want to be in a symphony one day. I can't wait for my account to let me get a profile pic!
    Hi! I am a new user and I love to watch Stranger Things & Doctor Who. I love cats & dogs and enjoy taking photographs. In fact, I believe that I will be a photographer when I am older. I love playing my instrument and want to be in a symphony one day. I can't wait for my account to let me get a profile pic!

Hello @DerpyBanana101 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you love cats and dogs. You would be enjoying having the Cats and Dogs pack in your game, and making simversions of real life cats and dogs. The pets in the game are cute!
    Taking photos is very special <3 We can capture moments in time as we take, then can enjoy looking back at that time, the person or event that occurred when we were taking that photo, and enjoy the memory of it again.
    It is nice that you play a musical instrument. You would enjoy playing music in a symphony, and be encouraged as you play music together with fellow musicians.
  • hankiepie2345hankiepie2345 Posts: 56 Member
    Hello Rose. I'm a very old simmer that decided to return to sims 4 and hopefully learn how to create my own custom sims.
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Hiya!!! I hope all is well with all. I've been a lurker for quite some time now and only recently decided to actively participate. A bit about me -well I've played some version of The Sims since its actual release date (yes, I am telling my age a bit lol). When I acquired my first iPad, I became a bit anti-laptops (which caused me to stop playing sims briefly) but continued to play a version of the Sims in the mobile app The Sims Freeplay. The Sims FreePlay is an amazing app game btw and have some interesting aspects but doesn't really compare to the actual The Sims ...especially when it comes to building. Some recent life changes cause me to spend more time on my MacBook and in turn to playing The Sims 4. As I limit the stuff I download to my MacBook, I do not use MODs or CCs ...which is a totally new experience for me as MODs and CCs were my life when I play sim 2 and 3 (I don't remember if I did so with the sims 1 but probably didn't). So if anyone have any suggestions to topics or groups related to building without MODs or CCs, please share with me (if it's okay). I love looking at other simmers' designs regardless of whether they use them or not, but as I don't use them in my game, I am able to learn quicker what/how to build/design -if that makes sense. Thanks so much for allowing me to ramble ...happy simming!!!
  • TMone54TMone54 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi All
    I am kind of new to this forum … But not new to the Sims... been playing since the original SIMS
    Some may remember me as Teasingmeat1 aka TM1... from the sims2 and 3
    I got locked out of my user name.. lost email account... Any way I thought I would try to get back into building again, and sharing my creations with all the Simmers...
    Way back in 2010, I got invited to EA an play test a game... That game was Sims 3... What an a experience it was... the best week of my life... all the guru's were so friendly and not to mention... very cool... I did not want to leave.. All the fellow Simmer's I met were the best people you would ever want to meet and they were from all over the world... :)
    If you have any questions,
    I will try and answer them the best I can... about Sims, the trip to EA, or just about any thing else..

Looking forward to being part of the community again...

Happy Simming…. "O and the new terrain tool looks really cool... Can't wait...

Your friend TM1 :)
    Hello Rose. I'm a very old simmer that decided to return to sims 4 and hopefully learn how to create my own custom sims.

Hello @hankiepie2345 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been simming for a long while, and have returned to play Sims 4. I hope that you will enjoy creatimg Sims in CAS, and giving them their own background details. The Sim 4 CAS tools sre great and very helpful to use when creating sims! I t is enjoyable working out outfits that will suit them for the various categories.
    JurnéEnds wrote: »
    Hiya!!! I hope all is well with all. I've been a lurker for quite some time now and only recently decided to actively participate. A bit about me -well I've played some version of The Sims since its actual release date (yes, I am telling my age a bit lol). When I acquired my first iPad, I became a bit anti-laptops (which caused me to stop playing sims briefly) but continued to play a version of the Sims in the mobile app The Sims Freeplay. The Sims FreePlay is an amazing app game btw and have some interesting aspects but doesn't really compare to the actual The Sims ...especially when it comes to building. Some recent life changes cause me to spend more time on my MacBook and in turn to playing The Sims 4. As I limit the stuff I download to my MacBook, I do not use MODs or CCs ...which is a totally new experience for me as MODs and CCs were my life when I play sim 2 and 3 (I don't remember if I did so with the sims 1 but probably didn't). So if anyone have any suggestions to topics or groups related to building without MODs or CCs, please share with me (if it's okay). I love looking at other simmers' designs regardless of whether they use them or not, but as I don't use them in my game, I am able to learn quicker what/how to build/design -if that makes sense. Thanks so much for allowing me to ramble ...happy simming!!!

Hello @JurneEnds :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1, You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable simming hours over the time playing, creating and building in the different versions of The Sims.
    This is a link to a Build Challenges links threads. Some of the room and builds challenges are specifically no cc, and you may like to join in those build challenges
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread#latest
    edited October 2018
    TMone54 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I am kind of new to this forum … But not new to the Sims... been playing since the original SIMS
    Some may remember me as Teasingmeat1 aka TM1... from the sims2 and 3
    I got locked out of my user name.. lost email account... Any way I thought I would try to get back into building again, and sharing my creations with all the Simmers...
    Way back in 2010, I got invited to EA an play test a game... That game was Sims 3... What an a experience it was... the best week of my life... all the guru's were so friendly and not to mention... very cool... I did not want to leave.. All the fellow Simmer's I met were the best people you would ever want to meet and they were from all over the world... :)
    If you have any questions,
    I will try and answer them the best I can... about Sims, the trip to EA, or just about any thing else..

Looking forward to being part of the community again...

Happy Simming…. "O and the new terrain tool looks really cool... Can't wait...

Your friend TM1 :)

Hello @TMone54 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to these forums!
    It is great that you are back simming and building again :) It is very nice that you share your creations through the Gallery. Simmers would enjoy downloading them and using them in their games.
    It was exciting that EA invited you to playtest Sims 3! It sounds like it was a very special time that you spent playtesting the game and spending time with the SimGurus and fellow simmers <3 You would have very special memories of it.
    I am looking forward to the nrw terrain tool also!
  • sndrhealysndrhealy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Beautiful People <3

This is actually so weird (the good kind though) because I’m really new to all these things and I have played the original sims back then but i stopped and now i’ve come back haha. I’m playing the Sims Mobile right now and I joined here in the forum to have more friends and you knowww, keep being updated of what’s happening :)

The Sims has been my really favorite game, my sim’s name is Sandra . if y’all want to know haha, I feel like im so weird bc i visualize my future in my sims’ world. Not literally but my sims are happy and successful and i’d like to be like that someday. The Sims is like inspirational you know :) i’m all new to all of these to be honest and you all are like professionals to these haha buttttt i’d persevere to know more too! :)

That’s all. Love only <3

Happy Simmingggg
    sndrhealy wrote: »
    Hi Beautiful People <3

This is actually so weird (the good kind though) because I’m really new to all these things and I have played the original sims back then but i stopped and now i’ve come back haha. I’m playing the Sims Mobile right now and I joined here in the forum to have more friends and you knowww, keep being updated of what’s happening :)

The Sims has been my really favorite game, my sim’s name is Sandra . if y’all want to know haha, I feel like im so weird bc i visualize my future in my sims’ world. Not literally but my sims are happy and successful and i’d like to be like that someday. The Sims is like inspirational you know :) i’m all new to all of these to be honest and you all are like professionals to these haha buttttt i’d persevere to know more too! :)

That’s all. Love only <3

Happy Simmingggg

Hello @sndrhealy :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you used to play the original Sims one, and now you are back simming again by playing the Sims Mobile. It is great that you have joined the simming forums community. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read the forum threads, and post about what is happening in your game.
    It is nice that your sim that you play is called Sandra. It is great that you would like aspects of the lives of your sims to reflect your real life future also <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top