Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Get Famous - Announcement Info

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    So they're back with the title that starts with Get. I wonder if this is turning into a running gag with the titles. We have Get to Work and Get Together at first, and now years later. We got Get Famous. Nice to see it again, but it's better not to overdo it with that title. But I'm getting it anyway, need more gameplay fun. :) I just hope the fame system isn't like Sims 3 where the fame system just spawned automatically and spread like a plague by just meeting and talk when NPC's does that.

Yes, I know this bug was fixed in a Supernatural patch, but even when if it's turned off, you'll still get the celebrity status rarely unless you turn off the story progression.

Maybe they have been thinking about this pack since those other GET packs.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is so exciting! Get Famous is something TS4 really needs right now. I always thought we’d get the big city with just City Living but I feel like the new one will be even bigger and more alive.

Also, I see that they’re including the Acting career and I love it but wonder if Directing will also be part of it like Late Night? Anyway, I’ll wait til we have more information.

Random thought but the logo should’ve been Yellow instead of Pink, it fits more the Superstar vibe and it was the last color we needed for a full rainbow. We didn’t get it with Seasons and apparently not with this one either, I hope it doesn’t drive me crazy lol.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    Yeah, it is Magenta. Maybe people see it differently or are color blind.

Big difference between men and women either :D
  • Options
    firefly829firefly829 Posts: 4 New Member
    They need to come up with new ideas. They say to be patient with them yet you guys are coming up with same ideas just different number of the Sims.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited October 2018
    I wish I was more excited about this... but I'm really not. It just doesn't seem much for an EP... and I don't like when a feature takes you pretty much away from the household the whole time... and it pretty much seems like that's all there is (the acting career and a new world.. which I don't really care about either).

At least there should be sales before Christmas, right?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    @jackjack_k

Where does it say we’re getting a new world?

The new town is called Del Sol. Read some of the other threads on this subject. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    "Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style."

How do you "cruise" in The Sims 4? Hmmmm?

OMgosh, cruising is just driving or walking around a town.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    "Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style."

How do you "cruise" in The Sims 4? Hmmmm?

OMgosh, cruising is just driving or walking around a town.

Or going up and down anywhere (a street, a mall, a bar, a dancefloor) looking to get attention from the girls/boys.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Finally superstar 2.0 Yey!!! I knew it!!!! I'm so excited and happy right now...been waiting for so long!!!!:))))
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Are actors going to be considered unemployed like vets or will it be an actual career path like the GTW jobs?
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    It concerns me that the same dress shows up in 3 of the screenshots before we got the trailer. I can see there are new clothes and they look nice but I want a bunch of different options. Especially since clothing and fashion go with fame.... I’m excited and a little nervous about this pack. Yes, we’ve only gotten a small glimpse of what’s to come but I’m already gearing up for disappointment from the screenshots.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    In the past games I wasn't really really into the fame system, I got TS3 late night especially for vampires (which were pretty lame XD), but this. Now I'm excited. The new world, the acting career which will probably be like an active career. And dresses are gorgeous, I will definitely use cas and build/buy items, they will be handy for my past era save.
    I'm still hoping for a singer career and bands though. We've only seen one trailer, and we have more to see so there's still hope other than acting.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    In the past games I wasn't really really into the fame system, I got TS3 late night especially for vampires (which were pretty lame XD), but this. Now I'm excited. The new world, the acting career which will probably be like an active career. And dresses are gorgeous, I will definitely use cas and build/buy items, they will be handy for my past era save.
    I'm still hoping for a singer career and bands though. We've only seen one trailer, and we have more to see so there's still hope other than acting.

Acting is an active career...and you can get your Sims famous in any existing careers as well this has been confirmed by Sim Guru Kate.. :)

OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    Yeah, it is Magenta. Maybe people see it differently or are color blind.

Big difference between men and women either :D

Not really. I'm a man and I agree that that is definitely pink not red.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    Simskrista wrote: »
    Are actors going to be considered unemployed like vets or will it be an actual career path like the GTW jobs?

Oh I hate that so much. Why is the game not acknowledging the self employed sims. Especially the active careers that the game invented by themself, should be recognized with their proper name such as VET, RESTAURANT OWNER, STORE OWNER etc. The game even has ' stay at home dad/mom', so this seriously needs to get updated. Also why do these self employed sims when they retire, not get any retirement money? That still counts. They could just simply give a % of the lot value or something. I can not imagine my rich and famous sims not earn any retirement money after they are old and retired from actin or something. It's a big part of being rich and famous.
    We had a whole pack about business, but this was not included. Come on guys..!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    For the sake of Plumbob, I still need my singers and bands and more instruments <3 I hope we'll get them later on though. Ugh..we can never get everything in an EP :smiley:

I think Late Night and Showtime are good examples that they should keep the theme specific. Trying to cram too much under "Celebrities" or "Performing" in an EP mean we get less fleshed out content and more useless systems.

Musicians should be their own pack. Bands, Touring, Record Labels, Instruments etc. Releasing albums, filming Music Videos. Having song charts based on how much you promote.

Musicians and Actors "fame" is very different and the mistake EA has made in the past is combining them.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. However, this was just my initial reaction when I saw the news leak. I do hope they will make a system that will allow you to get famous for music in the future, if they release a Music Life type EP later on. I believe they will. But some will probably complain that they are cashing us in on. But isn't that just video game business anyways? The Sims isn't an indie game. ;)

If anyone says that they're "cashing in" I'll just point them towards Late Night & Showtime purposely half finishing each others content. Haha.

Late Night adds the Clubs & Bars, Showtime adds the DJ Booth and equipment.
    Late Night adds the fame system, Showtime gives us actual ways to be famous.

etc.

I think if both packs add a lot of content, it will be fine.

Showtime and Late Night added a whole lot of nothing, and basically content that would have been better being split up into existing packs or on the Store/Stuff Packs.

Ah yes, I remember the outrage over getting nightclubs in LN with no DJ booths and how everyone speculated that it would be locked up behind one of the infamous paywall known as the Sims Store. It made no sense and I'm still a bit salty about it to this day.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wonder if The Sims 4 will ever get a Film Director career...even a non-active one would be better than nothing <3
  • Options
    popdrinkopopdrinko Posts: 11 New Member
    I love the expansion pack, thanks for spreading the hype!