Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
I'm sure we all have quite a few questions about the upcoming pack. Here are some of mine:

How hard (or easy) is it to become famous? For example, does your Sim automatically get star points as he or she rises through the chef (or any other) career?

Approximately how many other NPCs will be added at the film studio? In the trailer, I saw the stylist, a director, a bunch of other actors and various other workers (including, probably, a gaffer and a best boy).

Are all the film sets available all the time at the studio or do they change depending on what your Sim is doing?

I forgot this one: Will the costumes be immediately available in CAS or will they unlock as your Sim moves up the acting career ladder?

I'm really looking forward to this and can't wait to learn more. Actually, I can't wait to get my hands on it, but for now my addiction will be satisfied with more information.

Answer: SimGuruGraham has sent out a couple of tweets on how Sims who are not in the acting career can become famous. Your Sim can achieve fame through some careers, and some skills, like singing and dj mixing. At the same time, if you don't want a Sim to become famous, there are ways to avoid that. You can find his specific tweets in this thread by @luthienrising.

For people who are concerned that the fame system will be like it was in TS3, SimGuruGraham has tweeted:
We took a lot of lessons from what players didn't like about celebrities in Sims 3 when considering how fame progression would work in Sims 4.

SimGuruGraham has confirmed that pets will not become famous.

Additional questions:
From @Shae, Will there be movie theaters included?
No
From @catloverplayer, Will there be photobooths?
It doesn't look like it.
From @KidVicious359, Will burglars be added?
From @Shira3000, Will our Sims be able to use the film camera to take their own videos?
From @EgonVM, Do famous Sims get a special gravestone?

Post edited by MVWdeZT on

Comments

• Mandarine586Mandarine586 Posts: 161 Member
    My question is are there more ways to be being famous aside from being an actor/actress?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    My question is are there more ways to be being famous aside from being an actor/actress?

you can become a famous author or chef
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Mandarine586Mandarine586 Posts: 161 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Gotchya, thank you.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Will movie theaters be included?
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Gotchya, thank you.

oh and vampires can become famous. Don't know if skills (probably if "Baby Ariel" whoever she is) is able to be famous for playing the guitar or something
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    My question is will toddlers get anything new in CAS. I expect that the answer will be no, though :/
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    Is it gonna be anything like Sims 3 version tho?
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Shae wrote: »
    Will movie theaters be included?

This

Also is there photobooths?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Could there be new radio stations? If yes, I'll be very happy, if no, I'll be dead as heck or I'll be fine with it. It has to be my favorite music born in the 1970s.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2018
    One of the few things I am waiting to see more about is the celebrity progression system. SimGuruNinja specifically used the term "perks and quirks", which leads me to believe that the system may akin to vampire progression. The use of that specific term also makes my roleplaying game senses tingle. Those that have played tabletop games using GURPS or any of the cRPGs with systems based off it -- such as SPECIAL from old school Fallout or CLASSIC from Wasteland 2 -- will remember the idea of picking a perk that provides a penalty as well.

That may be a saving grace for this pack, as I have no interest in returning to the celebrity system in Late Night.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Can you become famous for being a veterinarian or a successful business owner? Also, can you become famous for mastering a skill, like painting or photography, rather than having a career?
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Any Base Game Careers such as Comedian, Musicians, Sports etc gets effected after the expansion or is it limited to films, commercials and theatre drama to gain Celebrity Status?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    What ways are possible to become famous? Like is there model, photographer, and movie star careers going to be added?
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Are there going to be a bunch of random sims walking around in silly costumes wherever my sim goes. :(
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    Okay, so maybe a dumb question, but I was wondering if this would be a good time to add burglars? (prolly not) but it'd be neat. Mega mansions makes me think of security system or body guards, so that's why I thought that.
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Can you become famous for being a veterinarian or a successful business owner? Also, can you become famous for mastering a skill, like painting or photography, rather than having a career?

I don't know about the vet/business owner, but I did see you can become a famous writer/chef/etc. So I think that painter & photographer might line up with that. :)
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    Okay, I'm so curious.. :#

It is interesting to have acting as an active career... I would like to see how the NPC interacts with my Sims/the movie set.. I hope that they are more interactive than the one we have in the existing active careers..

I want to know what counts to make the Sims famous? For example, as a writer, we can sell excellent books... but, how will this count towards the point? Or painter? Or Doctor - number of patients cured? Astronaut - number of space missions completed? Business - the high ROI? How does this profession gain followers? Do they need to be on the social media too?

And the more Simoleons the Sims have, they could unlock secret interaction... will it apply to the rest of the household members too?

Are we going to have another panel like "fame point"? will it be optional/like the calendar & club system

I did ask Sim Guru Kate about the Drama Club for kids/teen - I would like to know if it is an active club and not a rabbit hole club like the scout.. No answer yet, up till to this writing..

Since, they are going to have 2 extreme neighbourhood.. will the Sims can live in the Pinnacles after they become rich & famous only?

if only the rich & famous can get into exclusive clubs/events... how does the bouncer ID the Sims?

How is the screen play decided for the Sims? Will it be unlocked depending on the career level? I see lots of different sets from wild wild west, pirate ship, cuddly freezer bunny, etc...

Is the talent agency is another business option for retail? Say, if I want my Sim to open a talent agency...

There will be a special cameo of Baby Ariel, will she be a permanent resident or just like like Jasmine Holiday?

ETA: How do we turn skills into something that can make the Sims famous? Like singing, dancing, DJing?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've got so many questions, but the main one is: can kids act? Please? Pretty please?

Edit: never mind, just found out they can't :(
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Are the game changers shown in the trailer actually going to be in the pack (I personally hope not)?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2018
    Do any of the BG rabbithole type careers (musician, writer, painter, professional gamer etc) get upgraded to WFH type careers with this pack to make time for fame related activities? Do sims in the Journalist branch of the Writing career get to do paparazzi related activities or is this more of a freelance thing? What about interviews and writing exclusives?

Do we get fame related events such as book signings for authors at libraries/book shops, exhibitions for artists at museums/arts centres, press conferences for politicians at private homes or in uptown etc?

Can we buy copies of books our sims write and get them signed by the author as a fan? Do our musician sims "written songs" get played on the radio? Do our actors commercials/shows/movies get shown on the TV or at cinemas?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    can you become a famous doctor
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    So I assume the famous district of Del Sol Valley (not digging the name, to be honest) is going to have mostly City Living style penthouses atop high skyscrapers. Do you think the less rich district might have normal-sized apartments in normal-sized buildings? I know it was a feature introduced with City Living, but so were stay-at-home careers, yet Seasons has one of those too, and normal apartments seem sensible for a city neighbourhood that isn't just a copy of San Myshuno.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    How will the fame thing go? will it be like TS3 or maybe like The vampires points system in the game? and who all can become famous? we just haven't Scratched the surface of this pack.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Do certain Sims care more about certain types of celebrities? For example, would a bookworm Sim care more about running into a famous author? Or an art lover care more about a famous painter?

Also, if kids can become famous to some degree (as SimGuruKate stated on twitter) that implies that it's not only career success that can bring fame. Can Sims become unintentionally famous, or is it something that you have to intentionally opt into?

One of the livestreams is titled "Fame and Reputation". Is "reputation" a separate system from fame, or do they tie together? Will even non-celebrity Sims now have a reputation? (I guess we'll have to watch that livestream to find out the answer there.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    you have a good point! we just don't know anything about this pack... because it is so new.