Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    It’s okay
    Im excited to see more about it, I like the new world and career just wondering what others careers there are. Plus looks like paparazzi are back which I enjoyed in Sims 3. Also the new items so far are a must in my game. Cant wait to find out more about this pack.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It’s okay
    I'm cautiously optimistic/excited. I really hope it's great and I do love that the acting career has arrived but I hope there's at least a directing branch to it but so far it's giving me Get to Work vibes aka really fleshed out career but only 1 track. (I'll want to wait and see). I'm slightly disappointed that teens couldn't be child actors again but the drama club thing sounds interesting. I'd also like there to be an actual singing career and/or the ability to create bands. I love the new world, loving the few build/buy items I've seen so far, and love, love, the CAS.
  • Options
    UnicornposseUnicornposse Posts: 4 New Member
    Not buying
    It doesnt fit my overall playing style. I'm excited to watch LGR's review but in my eyes its pretty much useless unless you're into being a celebrity. Wish it would have included apartments and more "city living" (like city living did lol). Then added on the extra careers and town as a game pack. Also would have been nice if they made careers REAL PEOPLE in the city would have no longer rabbit holes such as Bussiness, Advertising, Marketing, etc. Desk jobs. Perhaps I just dont find the appeal in being famous lol. To me famous means the motherlode cheat lol
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    It’s okay
    To be honest, I wasn't really expecting it. It looks really fun but I'm not in a hurry to get it. Perhaps I will wait for Christmas...
    Also, I was wondering: Are the buildings in the background of the trailer going to have apartments? Because if so I am very excited!!!
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    If it comes with ... (comment)
    I didn't see a singing career branch and tbh the "entertainer" career doesn't cut it for me. If becoming a pop star isn't in this one I'm definitely not getting it.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    It’s okay
    I was never really into the celebrity system in Sims 3 so much so that I disabled it completely. This seems interesting as it's more career based. I'm also happy to see an acting career as it's really new and I'm keen to try it out. The new town looks really amazing though. I will buy it (I have no self control when it comes to expansions) but I do hope there's more to it than what we've seen.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I'm more interested in a Sports/Entertainment GP or EP -- where we have more fun things to do TOGETHER as a family and w/groups of friends.
    Beginning to wonder if we'll ever have FUN activities like playing pool, Sim Gnubb, Volleyball, etc.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I might get it
    I'm pretty upset that once again, it looks like all age groups outside of YA/Adults are getting the shaft. It just seems to be a trend with Expansion Packs that teens and under get the bare minimum. I have no idea why they couldn't put in child actors. It's not like children acting is rare in the slightest. I'm not at all interested in this "Drama Club" which sound's like nothing other than a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 rabbit hole like the scout meetings. And I don't see toddlers getting anything other than maybe a new shirt in CAS. It's just disappointing that teens and under rarely ever get anything to themselves in Expansions.

That said, it is nice to hear that fame can be achieved through more careers than just the actor/actress. That's nice for anyone who wants a famous sim, but doesn't want to be in acting. Also, a lot of the new BB and CAS looks nice. I think I'm most excited for De Sol Valley, which looks really pretty as a world to live in. If anything, I'd get this pack just for the world.
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    It should be a game pack
    It’s not that I’m angry but it is kinda weird that we are going to have two expansions this year. Seems more logical if they just made it a game pack. Less work and all.

But I honestly didn’t expect any more content until next year! I’m SUPER excited for it though!
  • Options
    kippy300kippy300 Posts: 24 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!

I look forward to hearing more about it in the weeks to come.
    I am excited about the new world and Starlight Boulevard!!!!! B)
  • Options
    Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    Not buying
    I said not buying because i dont have a PC that can handle Sims 4, BUT i know it will be fun. I cant wait to see game play of it.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I love that the fame system extends to other careers, and the movie stuff looks awesome so far! :smiley:

My birthday is in November, and I loved Superstar, so I’m very excited for this pack. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Not buying
    seems boring
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not buying
    Acting is the only hands on career? All careers in game will now have a famou track? Reusing assets already in game (previous careers) like they used base game actual objects as festival objects....now it's reuse careers. :s

TS3 papparazzi anyone? Now if all Sims can 'get famous' in old careers will that double your pleasure, double your fun with papparazzi everywhere?

New world, tired of LA and Rodeo Dr. in these games. Oh look, more fake backdrops of skyscrappers. More money spent on backdrops like in CL than the actual gameplay?

Is anyone (director) going to tell the Sim 'You can't act your way out of a paper bag, get out of here!' ? -SuperStar. I doubt it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KelzKelz Posts: 53 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Keen to see the new neighborhood and also hoping that it will come with lots of glam clothing and build options.
    My Sims Youtube

Find me on the gallery: kelzmckean
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I cannot wait and now I will finally be able to play my Royal Romanov family I created and see them as true royalty :smile:
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I am excited for another new active career, and seeing all the different costumes, outfits, build items, and NEW world ..... I think this pack will be a lot of fun! I do hope they add new aspirations and traits ...... can't wait to learn more about the pack :)
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I am excited for another new active career, and seeing all the different costumes, outfits, build items, and NEW world ..... I think this pack will be a lot of fun! I do hope they add new aspirations and traits ...... can't wait to learn more about the pack :)

I hope so too on the traits, would be too fun to have the melodramatic actor/actress
  • Options
    Aloe2828Aloe2828 Posts: 28 Member
    It should be a game pack
    The acting career seems very cool and I’m into the Hollywood-style neighbourhood but there doesn’t seem to be enough other content to warrant a full EP (and the price that goes with it). If it was a GP I would be totally sold but, as is, it seems a bit lacklustre. But maybe the celebrity system is more complex then it appears in the trailer so I hold out hope
    Just keep simming
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I might get it
    No option for “meh” but that’s how I actually feel
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    It’s okay
    I wavered between it's okay and it should be a game pack. Not sure yet if I'll buy it, but I'll be watching to see what others think. I want to see more of it in play. Some parts do sound interesting.
    image.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2018
    If it comes with ... (comment)
    I see we're looking at Showtime 2.0. That is......disappointing. In particular I am dismayed to see the return of what appears to be the celebrity system, a design choice which I find unfortunate. While I do not rule out purchasing the pack, it would have to offer substantial incentive in world design, build and CAS items to dig itself out of the hole. Otherwise, I feel that The Sims 4 would have been better served in filling out the last of the major hallmark packs with University.
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    It’s okay
    I definitely can't wait for more info, but as of right now this new EP looks just okay for now. I'm still going to buy it (not without a sale) because I can't help myself. I am a sucker for new CAS and B&B and I'm excited for the new world, of course! I am very interested in the fame system, and I'm glad our sims can get famous in every career. I don't like how there seems to be only one new career though? I hope there's a new aspiration or two.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    I might get it
    I need to see more information before I make a solid decision

ETA: If its anything like the celebrity system in TS3 I'll pass... the paparazzi were seriously annoying amongst other things.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Does anyone know if we are getting movie theaters with this pack??
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA