Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Get Famous?

The trailer finally dropped today! What do you think of its initial look and gameplay from the trailer and the screenshots??

What do you think of Get Famous? 426 votes

Can’t wait for it!!
41%
honeypooh1267OneAdorkableGirlEvvieSimmerTheStarHermitGalacticGalIcewolfJasePinkPaws66IceyJkippy300davidp0418xbecky685xJazzpuzWedManderMurduhHowGreatThouArtLadyMariketaPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettpandabiotic 177 votes
It’s okay
21%
CK213geminiagreJeanLeGardePourpreJaiSeaKita5399alan650111dreamergrl84BlkBarbiegalaelias24Kathy090660SimpatsyannelanorbretonIrdiwenferret9005Paigeisin5cchant86scoedNivyxslamonda 91 votes
It should be a game pack
11%
icmnfrshrudy8292DerelladjacquelynstewimhappyIsb917mcorraldrake_mccartymarcel21c_ferrisPinkHairGuitarmikawagauginstineFinvolaDynvaSummerStreakLoves2draw1812Sigzy05MiguelDiogoWulfsimmer 49 votes
If it comes with ... (comment)
2%
GoodywoodBagoas77bixtersrjssimlexus20AxeEclipticaSimtown15AwesomeAbsterFurSimsOfficialOEII1001 10 votes
Not buying
7%
vancanuckfan86alexspoom13IllandryaGraceyManorinvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83CinebarJoAnne65alex_alex09simplyzoeMoonfoxNightcryangelchromebekkasanwormstache999SavvySimmieadele_katbizuktagSiliClonegarapoesNZsimm3r 31 votes
I might get it
15%
GoldmoldarIdontrcallGoth583Kamb64Erja888jeepjeepcatColorist40FKM100EvilWitch83SimburianCorkysPetalsTiarellafadingaudioAnmirlaArkanerosehrtgirlMoon_WillowWinkie22BluelleJennygg 68 votes

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    I might get it
    Looks good but I’m very curious as to how the fame system will work. I’ve played TS3 LN and it was neat when a famous sim passed on fame to their kids. I’m just waiting for the fame system mechanics to see if I’ll get it or not.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I'm excited! It looks like it will be lots of fun!
  • Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I'm looking forward to it! It seems that it's gonna be mainly focused around acting though, i was hoping for a singing career.
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm excited, I have the perfect sim for this pack.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I might get it
    It's a bit too soon to know my full opinion on it, but in the end I will always purchase an EP or GP sometime.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Wanna get it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Not buying
    So far it doesn't seem like my kind of thing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Now while I cannot say I didn't 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with delight upon seeing it, some things worry me.

1: Flashy as it is, the only career on view seems to be Acting, working up that career ladder. There's no directing or stunts or singing shown in the trailer. I can't wait to Get Famous, but I also feel like they're carving up the Celebrity ladder. That could make things highly fleshed out, like Vampires, but it could also make things pretty expensive.

2: It's awfully soon since Seasons. Does that mean this pack was rushed? Or is it a GP in EP clothing?

3: Does that mean EA will be using it as an opportunity to hold stuff back from this pack for future Stuff Packs?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I think it’s a really cool pack and I would definitely get it but from what I’ve seen so far it’s leaning more towards GP than EP because there is only one obvious career and that was all that was focused on in the trailer, apart from the VIP party
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It’s okay
    I need more info... so far, based on the announcement trailer & Sim Gurus info... it's okay... it's cool! I just need more info still
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    Not buying
    It's not my type of thing, but it sounds cool and I'm sure others will love it.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Too early to properly criticize (see GT uprising), but I've been dreaming with that idea for years and it's highly unlikely I won't be getting it.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I like the world, and I like the content I've seen. I can't vote yet, I need to know more before I decide. I hated the reputation system in Sims 3, so I need to know what it will be like for Sims 4. I don't want it taking away from my control in the game.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Loanet wrote: »
    Now while I cannot say I didn't plum with delight upon seeing it, some things worry me.

1: Flashy as it is, the only career on view seems to be Acting, working up that career ladder. There's no directing or stunts or singing shown in the trailer. I can't wait to Get Famous, but I also feel like they're carving up the Celebrity ladder. That could make things highly fleshed out, like Vampires, but it could also make things pretty expensive.

2: It's awfully soon since Seasons. Does that mean this pack was rushed? Or is it a GP in EP clothing?

3: Does that mean EA will be using it as an opportunity to hold stuff back from this pack for future Stuff Packs?

If it was a GP, we would likely not be getting a new world. At least not one as big as this world (I think I heard the name is Del Sol Valley) appears to be.

We don't know when they started working on this -- there was the reorganization earlier this year, so maybe a lot of people were shifted to working on EPs as EA rethought their priorities. And while most of the marketing is focusing on the new Acting career, Fame is going to impact all the existing careers. We already have musicians with the Entertainer career from base game, and if you have CL you can sing with your instrument (guitar or piano). Fame is likely going to revitalize the Entertainer tracks and make them more of a factor. The only thing I can think of that might be missing from this pack are bands, and maybe they figure those would fit in with something like a University pack better, then if you have Get Famous you can incorporate college bands into the Fame system.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    The expansion looks fun and unique. However, I will only get it once the non-interactive sims bug is fixed.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    This one I'm going to get straight away, just my type of expansion, really looking forward to it but not going to get hyped about it. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2018
    It’s okay
    It's not my highest priority (University and Beach get a higher rank) but it will join my collection later.

I'm sure I will find a purpose for this pack.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I might get it
    I'm not going to get this right away. I never played the careers in Superstar or Showtime anyway. And from the comments I've read, the Fame system looks like it needs to be revamped from TS3. I will wait for opinions on gameplay before I buy it.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    An active acting career is something I think I'll really enjoy, so I'm very excited about that. And I'm interested to get some real info about the fame & reputation system. Hopefully it will be well fleshed-out.

Right now, the only thing I'm really not liking is the female hairstyles we've seen so far (aside from the historical one). They're just not my style. It is kind of a small thing, but it's something I tend to look forward to with new packs.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I might get it
    The CAS and new neighborhood look interesting. But I will wait on guru info (live streams) on how the fame system works before I can decide for sure. I don't want every painter/chef/writer/politician/scientist/doctor/etc. to be famous. And I do NOT want every Sim to be famous just because they are friends with famous Sims. :s
    So, I'll wait and see...
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I'm really excited. I love all I saw in the trailer. Can't wait to see how it works in game. I've got a celebrity save I may need to go in and tweak because it's way over populated now. Time to streamline and prepare :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018
    Can’t wait for it!!
    I see a lot that I'd use in it, plus the new world must use the Terrain tools, which means there are lots are designed with those in mind. The acting career looks like it could be fun. Love the costume range. I might have to dig out my Celebrity Sims save! I haven't played it in a while, but obviously some Sims belong in it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm gonna get it because I buy every pack, but I'm not too much interested in the actor career. But I do hope this pack comes with pool tables (like TS3 Showtime) and cinemas (afterall there are actors, so it would make sense to add cinemas). Besides, I really love the new world, it might become my favorite world in the game.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It’s okay
    Only because in all iterations I'm a supernaturals, magic, seasons, dark worlds, then university type person. Plus farming if we get that. lol But I did enjoy sims1 superstar and sims3 showtime. I made my imaginary friends to be acrobats. lol Anyway, I know I'll enjoy sims4 Get Famous because from the little info received today I have a few ideas up my sleeve. ;)

I love the cas/build buy items. The different acting sets seem interesting. Some of the current careers leads to being a celebrity seems cool too. A new world is always awesome.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Can’t wait for it!!
    Pre-ordered!

Althouh celebrity play has never been on the top of my list (supernatural things, world adventures and pets are), this looks absolutely fun enough to play with. I'm very impressed that they edited all the old careers retroactively, and can't wait to see how the fame system works! ...and hey, new world! 'n luxury furniture!