Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments in new city Del Sol Valley

The city looks amazing. Do you guys think that there will be apartments buildings you can actually live in? or only houses?

Comments

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    It would be cool if there were apartments but knowing our luck they will say we already have apartments in San Myshuno.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Only houses I think. It will probably be a TS3 Starlight Shores type world.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    hhmmm :((

Repeating apartments would make CL pointless.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    I sure hope they made some space for some apartments. I am kind of tired of seeing new worlds being added that have 3 lots per district and 1 or 0 empty lot in the whole world. They already cut so much on worlds and lots in TS4 that I dont even wanna go into now, so at least, they can give us apartments, houses and empty lots to build on. Hope this world is bigger then any other world we have got so far.
    I love living in apartments, but I also want to be able to taste the energy of the new world while my sims are becoming famous. i should not have to choose between that.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited October 2018
    Grant on twitter had told someone they’d want to include more apartments in new worlds but that was recently and I’m assuming this new EP has been in production since before that tweet so best bet this world doesn’t have apartments.
    I sure hope they made some space for some apartments. I am kind of tired of seeing new worlds being added that have 3 lots per district and 1 or 0 empty lot in the whole world. They already cut so much on worlds and lots in TS4 that I dont even wanna go into now, so at least, they can give us apartments, houses and empty lots to build on. Hope this world is bigger then any other world we have got so far.
    I love living in apartments, but I also want to be able to taste the energy of the new world while my sims are becoming famous. i should not have to choose between that.

Me too, my sims live in San M, and I can't imagine there will be no even one single apartment building in this new amazing world. Otherwise it will look again like living in a village like other worlds.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Grant on twitter had told someone they’d want to include more apartments in new worlds but that was recently and I’m assuming this new EP has been in production since before that tweet so best bet this world doesn’t have apartments.

But just because they said that, doesnt mean they did not already put apartment in worlds they were working on. And maybe it is something that doesn't require months of work.

Why not? I don't say that whole city with flats, but at least 1 district, that you can choose.

But just because they said that, doesnt mean they did not already put apartment in worlds they were working on. And maybe it is something that doesn't require months of work.

May be (hope!) couple of buildings, please, please, please :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member

Why not? I don't say that whole city with flats, but at least 1 district, that you can choose.

I'm thinking there might only be two residential neighbourhoods. I'm not too hopeful about apartments, but sure it would be cool.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/get-famous-announce
    The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous. Plus, your Sims can explore the park, nightclub, and other awesome venues.
    Does the flatland mean a flat surface of the ground (like it looks in the trailer) or could it also mean that there are flats? :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018

I'm thinking there might only be two residential neighbourhoods. I'm not too hopeful about apartments, but sure it would be cool.
    The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous. Plus, your Sims can explore the park, nightclub, and other awesome venues.
    Does the flatland mean a flat surface of the ground (like it looks in the trailer) or could it also mean that there are flats? :D

The word flatlands means non-hilly ground. Anything else is a huge stretch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I want more apartments so badly, but I don't have my hopes up for this expac having any. I am ready to be disappointed.

I wouldn't be mad if they made it so you needed City Living to have apartments in other pack worlds. It's kind of shady but at the same time apartments were a main feature of CL so not all that far-fetched.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member

The word flatlands means non-hilly ground. Anything else is a huge stretch.

I thought so, but it would be funny if there was more to it.
    From a marketing point of view, it is impossible to repeat the core feature of one pack in another pack. If GF had apartments, it could as well have rain and dogs. They already stole from CL when they started to pop up food stands everywhere, I don't believe they will continue on this route.
  • InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    If apartments aren't included in the game, then I won't mind it all. There's the options to create a pseudo one. I've been doing that in Newcrest. But I just I gotta find the right district/environment that fits in there. For example, if a neighborhood is centered by houses with very few commercial buildings in the background, it wouldn't fit to create a pseudo apartment. It has to be in the right spot so the apartment doesn't look out of place.

But I gotta wait in the future streams what the Del Sol Valley looks like.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    This might be a bit too much to hope for, but maybe like a kind of room-share with other celebs the same level as you, almost like a model house/flat??
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I seen a picture of that to me is a apartment or something like one...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member

I found this on The sims community
    simscommunity.info/2018/10/09/the-sims-4-get-famous-introducing-the-new-expansion-pack/

"The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous."
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I'm really not fond of apartments. They're too darn squishy in size. I can't get the camera angle just the way I like. I do have CL, but I bought it not for the apartments, but for the town itself, and the festivals and the ability for a Sim to have the singing skill, plus the artistic factor, reminiscent of what my singer Sim learned in university. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I wish there would be apartments, even if u could use them only if u own city living... Always can hope
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think they will have different types of apartments like maybe not ones you rent but smaller ones you own.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Maybe they'll do houses in the flatlands and a few penthouses and mansions in the expensive area? Overall I just hope the world is as big as Windenburg. I want like 25 lots at least.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    Maybe some nice townhouses if they didn't reuse apartments
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'm going to have the "fashion" apartment area from City Living house my famous sims, like Penny Pizzaz and Diego Lobo.