Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Get Famous - Announcement Info

Comments

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    For the sake of Plumbob, I still need my singers and bands and more instruments <3 I hope we'll get them later on though. Ugh..we can never get everything in an EP :smiley:

I think Late Night and Showtime are good examples that they should keep the theme specific. Trying to cram too much under "Celebrities" or "Performing" in an EP mean we get less fleshed out content and more useless systems.

Musicians should be their own pack. Bands, Touring, Record Labels, Instruments etc. Releasing albums, filming Music Videos. Having song charts based on how much you promote.

Musicians and Actors "fame" is very different and the mistake EA has made in the past is combining them.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. However, this was just my initial reaction when I saw the news leak. I do hope they will make a system that will allow you to get famous for music in the future, if they release a Music Life type EP later on. I believe they will. But some will probably complain that they are cashing us in on. But isn't that just video game business anyways? The Sims isn't an indie game. ;)
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    @jackjack_k Yeah, I just noticed that post right after I posted here and jumped back into the General Discussion thread. I saw the cars post and was like "See! I'm not the only one that saw it! YASSS!!!"
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    For the sake of Plumbob, I still need my singers and bands and more instruments <3 I hope we'll get them later on though. Ugh..we can never get everything in an EP :smiley:

I think Late Night and Showtime are good examples that they should keep the theme specific. Trying to cram too much under "Celebrities" or "Performing" in an EP mean we get less fleshed out content and more useless systems.

Musicians should be their own pack. Bands, Touring, Record Labels, Instruments etc. Releasing albums, filming Music Videos. Having song charts based on how much you promote.

Musicians and Actors "fame" is very different and the mistake EA has made in the past is combining them.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. However, this was just my initial reaction when I saw the news leak. I do hope they will make a system that will allow you to get famous for music in the future, if they release a Music Life type EP later on. I believe they will. But some will probably complain that they are cashing us in on. But isn't that just video game business anyways? The Sims isn't an indie game. ;)

If anyone says that they're "cashing in" I'll just point them towards Late Night & Showtime purposely half finishing each others content. Haha.

Late Night adds the Clubs & Bars, Showtime adds the DJ Booth and equipment.
    Late Night adds the fame system, Showtime gives us actual ways to be famous.

etc.

I think if both packs add a lot of content, it will be fine.

Showtime and Late Night added a whole lot of nothing, and basically content that would have been better being split up into existing packs or on the Store/Stuff Packs.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

That would make sense and allow them to make Fuller pack for music that focusses in more careers without having to spend time creating another game system.

If anyone says that they're "cashing in" I'll just point them towards Late Night & Showtime purposely half finishing each others content. Haha.

etc.

Showtime and Late Night added a whole lot of nothing, and basically content that would have been better being split up into existing packs or on the Store/Stuff Packs.

True. I was disappointed by Showtime because it didn't add recording studios for singers, and because od the lack of a real fame system. And I do think that we will get singers/artists and bands later on. At least I hope so. If TS4 will continue like 5 more years, that would probably make it more likely. But I wonder if you can get famous for other things too, like being a writer or a painter :O
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Del So Vally so that's the name of the new world.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

That would make sense and allow them to make Fuller pack for music that focusses in more careers without having to spend time creating another game system.

So true! I really hope this is the case, so I could sleep well tonight! Haha :blush:

etc.

True. I was disappointed by Showtime because it didn't add recording studios for singers, and because od the lack of a real fame system. And I do think that we will get singers/artists and bands later on. At least I hope so. If TS4 will continue like 5 more years, that would probably make it more likely. But I wonder if you can get famous for other things too, like being a writer or a painter :O

I think we will see a "Celebrity Panel" under our Sims info page, that will allow us to Customise what our Sims are famous for.

etc.

I think we will see a "Celebrity Panel" under our Sims info page, that will allow us to Customise what our Sims are famous for.

That would make it even more likely that they will add new careers like Artist, Model etc in the future. I really hope this is the case. Or else SimGurus will probably get complaints :(
    I wonder what they mean by "mega mansion" maybe one that is bigger than 64x64?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    So this is only for acting? Hmm. I hope it will be a nicely fleshed out EP then.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think a future Music/Band GP could be a great addition to this new pack.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m hoping the headphones are functional like the ones from the fitness pack. Also could this be the pack the hair one of the simguru changed their profile picture before changing it?
    SimguruNinja confirmed that the hairstyle is in this pack: https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1049649985371889665
    Description says “cruise through del sol valley in style”, possibly cars? I’ve been zooming into the screenshot of the view over the pool scene but see no house with a garage :'( hoping we get a glimpse of the city though later today
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Description says “cruise through del sol valley in style”, possibly cars? I’ve been zooming into the screenshot of the view over the pool scene but see no house with a garage :'( hoping we get a glimpse of the city though later today

The Sims definitely need cars because we need cars for filming making.. :D #TheFastAndTheFurious
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    Some concerns that pop into my mind:

* 'cruise through Del Sol Valley in style.' With all the talks about the painted roads we have in other worlds and how it would be too much of an adjustment to fit cars in those worlds, what if cars are only available in this new world?

* Will the fame be connected to other careers as well such as the social media career? I do not like how my pretty insta-famous sim is not being recognized by anyone in town. And as someone else mentioned.. What about famous writers, painter, artist/music career?

* Will the decisions you make as a celebrity really impact your reputation? Will it have consequences and meaning?

Overall, the pack looks more interesting as I normally would think of a celebrity pack. With that on set render, i get a bit of a TS1 feeling to it and im digging it.

If there is a celebrity like system, in hoping some premade sims already have status. The max level of the chef career should be affected by it since Celebrity is in both the names of either career paths. I’d want my level 10 live streamer to be famous or my politician sim.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope celebrity status becomes an option when creating a new club! It has to!

I want to create exclusive five star celebrity clubs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    It looks exciting and interesting! I love Nightlife from TS3 and this new expansion looks perfect and fun! One more month left. :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    @Chazzzy wrote: »
    Of all the colors in the rainbow, why did they pick red again when we already have an EP that is red?

I dislike when they put items in the render that are not specifically tied to the pack being advertised. I see several items that are currently in game already. I feel that’s a form of false advertising.

They could also be doing that thing where they tweak one small thing and put it into a new pack as though it were a new item/concept entirely. I remember there was a big thread of all the times they’ve done that up here.

It's Pink?

Also, not sure what you're referring to. The only thing I see are the boxes from C&D. Also, they may reuse items from all different packs for Movie Sets, doesn't mean we'll have access to them in Buy Mode. I don't mind if they reuse assets for things like this, as long as they don't sell us major features twice.

Looks red to me.

And you don’t mind that they reuse assets, and that’s fine. I’m one of the people who do mind.

Yes there are the boxes from C&D and that directors chair to the left are what I noticed at first glance.

The colour is actually Magenta.. more between pink and purple :p
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Is this pack going to be like sims superstar at all? Star system? Paparazzi? Tour buses of fans?
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, it is Magenta. Maybe people see it differently or are color blind.
  • InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    So they're back with the title that starts with Get. I wonder if this is turning into a running gag with the titles. We have Get to Work and Get Together at first, and now years later. We got Get Famous. Nice to see it again, but it's better not to overdo it with that title. But I'm getting it anyway, need more gameplay fun. :) I just hope the fame system isn't like Sims 3 where the fame system just spawned automatically and spread like a plague by just meeting and talk when NPC's does that.

Yes, I know this bug was fixed in a Supernatural patch, but even when if it's turned off, you'll still get the celebrity status rarely unless you turn off the story progression.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    So they're back with the title that starts with Get. I wonder if this is turning into a running gag with the titles. We have Get to Work and Get Together at first, and now years later. We got Get Famous. Nice to see it again, but it's better not to overdo it with that title. But I'm getting it anyway, need more gameplay fun. :) I just hope the fame system isn't like Sims 3 where the fame system just spawned automatically and spread like a plague by just meeting and talk when NPC's does that.

Yes, I know this bug was fixed in a Supernatural patch, but even when if it's turned off, you'll still get the celebrity status rarely unless you turn off the story progression.

Lol...Let's us GET over it...

Stay tuned for the trailer soon?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    At first I thought I wouldn't be excited for this pack, because I wasn't a huge fan of the previous fame-themed packs in The Sims series, but after looking at these screenshots I must admit it looks engaging! I can't wait to see the new world and more information on the gameplay.