Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer SIMS 5 : yes or no?

Comments

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    No! I couldn't even play if it was the case.
    First of all my internet couldn’t handle it. Second of all that would be terrible. I play the Sims because I like to be alone. I don’t have a lot of real life friends because I find them annoying so I couldn’t imagine the trolls I would run into. Maybe I’m weird but I like being alone. Plus it’s my world my rules. No sharing my Sims!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    First of all my internet couldn’t handle it. Second of all that would be terrible. I play the Sims because I like to be alone. I don’t have a lot of real life friends because I find them annoying so I couldn’t imagine the trolls I would run into. Maybe I’m weird but I like being alone. Plus it’s my world my rules. No sharing my Sims!

We can be weird together! :)
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    Maybe. I'm a fan of the franchise, so why not try?
    I had my first contact with The Sims with the game they launched in Facebook, if I recall correctly. I might give it a try, as long as it wasn't the successor of the main Sims saga, just as a spin-off or something like that. And anyway, I don't like multiplayer games that much (I play Elsword, but I play it "solo" as long as I'm able to xD I mean, I don't really talk to the other players unless I have to... I know, I'm such a social butterfly).
    But well, it may be interesting if the online part was like a neighbourhood, idk, where you could go for a while and then come back to your offline game. Or something like that? I'm not that enthusiast about an online multiplayer game of the Sims, so even if it was launched, I'd probably just play for a while and then leave it, unless it had something interesting to keep me playing it. But yeah, there are probably some people who would enjoy it. As long as it was not a Sims 5, but rather a spin-off or something like that, it would be all cool for me.
    gGelhII.png
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    It's hard enough to avoid people in real life, at least please leave me alone in The Sims. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    Yes! I think the game would benefit from it.
    One of my dreams as a kid would be to able to play The Sims with my sister, each with our own families interacting a coupling our families' children etc. I think it would be a world of fun to have a multiplayer function in The Sims. Provided it's completely optional.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    The Sims will never work as a multiplayer game.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can’t really vote here because I think that TS5 will be announced likely in just a few days and most likely as a mulitiplayer game anyway. My reasons are:
    1. EA has always announced a new basegame after about 4 years and released it after 5 years because EA thinks that most of those millions of sold copies have been played by very young simmers (like maybe 11 to 15 years old) and because EA doesn’t think that a more than 5 years old basegame can attract such new very young simmers in the same way. EA knows that more than half of the current simmers usually haven’t bought the next basegame. But it has never mattered to EA because those new young simmers always have had more influence on the sales numbers.
    2. A month ago a lot of gurus suddenly joined twitter just to assure us that TS4 isn’t near its end. Grant even ended up telling us that he expected to make packs for TS4 in years to come. But what was all that panic about when nobody have said anything about TS4 ending? My guess is that EA is planning to announce TS5 already in this month but knew that this could cause panic among the Sims 4 simmers who want more packs for TS4 instead. EA therefore wanted the gurus to tell us all that TS4 isn’t near its end before EA announces TS5 to be released next year even though the gurus likely again will repeat that TS4 isn’t near its end either.

So for me it looks like TS5 soon will be announced. But that EA wants TS5 targeted even more at new simmers than the earlier games were and then for the first time ever continue to make packs for the previous game (now TS4) to keep as many of the current simmers too. But very young new simmers usually prefer multiplayer games which we also have seen with the Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile.

So for all those reasons I expect TS5 most likely to be a multiplayer game. Just not a free game anyway. I am curious to see what will happen and how much my guesses will become true ;)
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited June 2018
    I picked "Maybe", because my answer isn't any of those.
    Maybe Sims w/ multiplayer isn't Sims 5, but its another game called Sims Multiplayer, and only Multiplayer. It is smaller than Sims 1,2,3,4. It is another game called Sims Multiplayer. There would be no packs. There would be 2 options:

1) Online
    A crazy world anyone can connect to. You play online with random people. One household per player, and no one else can play the household you created, or move you out of the house, or anything. You can interact with other people's sims, though.

2)Multiplayer
    You can host a game and invite people into your game. Only people you invite will be allowed to join your game. In multiplayer, instead of having one household per player, its one household that both players can play in at the same time (but you also have the option to play in separate households). Except, 2 players can't select the same sim at the same time.

This is just my idea for a multiplayer-style Sims game. What do you think of it?
  • janitajasminjanitajasmin Posts: 44 Member
    Yes! I've always been curious anyway.
    I'm very curious about it but instead of it being "sims 5", I think it should be something different, like a sims spin-off lol
  • bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    You know this could work instead of a single person, being ignored in the room, it could be that anyone with a computer could join you in that game and create meaningful relationships. I mean it's not like they are going to include those whom are not apart of your friends list who already play the game. It could be your brother, sister, cousin, aunt, bestie, niece, nephew and all sorts of other people, plus to have the benefit of sharing what you love with those whom you care for most. Like coming out of the dark and into the light, not to mention sales would go through the roof if the price was right and people genuinely love the experience, and are "open" to the idea of improvement. Sort of sounds like a win-win situation to me, and they can take all the good from the previous sims games and keep those intact. And maybe the will only be an initial fee instead of a monthly fee to pay. Just keep thinking positively and if there is something you don't like you can always lodge a complaint, and I will be there to make sure things go as planned, I am very good at being the squeaky wheel of justice and mercy. Just remember to keep your mind open and on the prize, and go about it with positive assertion.
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No! It would spell doom for the franchise.
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    Theoretically, let's say plans went well when developing a multiplayer sims game;

I really think it would be a really cool idea to explore. I'm thinking of it this way; a multiplayer mode, and a single player, offline mode.
    In multiplayer mode, each user could create their own world and/or join another player's world. The creators could invite people, or make it open for any user to join and create their own household. People could meet other people's sims and build all kinds of relationships, and even move in with each other to start a family. Now let's say two users shared a household; if one player was offline, the other would have control of all the sims, until that player came back on.

Single player offline mode of course would just be regular 'ol Sims, for people who don't have lots of internet access and/or prefer to play by themselves.

Many Simmers wouldn't be open to having another player controlling their sims when they are gone, even the ones that do want multiplayer...
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    There are so many ways to do simming and mods/cc would be problematic with this. Everyone has a different direction they want their sims lives to take. Plus, if they had multi and single play options, one might get more attention than the other leaving the other players unsatisfied with lack of content. I don't think The Sims would be able to get the budget and large team this would take and the game isn't structured in a way that this would work, IMO.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• iiBossDivaiiBossDiva Posts: 2 New Member
    YES!!!!

I'd enjoy the sims more if it was an open world or 2-4 player game. We should have the option to allow/decline others to join our sims. I play SecondLife and everyone that i know always say the same. Most of them hate the sims because its a single player game. It gets boring playing alone tbh. I'd love to be able to meet others and create a family with someone. Its much more fun to rp with others.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    No and I indeed think it would destroy the franchise for me. Even if it were an ‘option’, because regardless, they’d have to make sacrifices I don’t want them to make. Let us play the game in our own bubble, sharing we can do on the available platforms.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • royalfloretroyalfloret Posts: 15 Member
    I chose maybe because that multiplayer sims game was really fun and weird, but I don't know how they would pull it off with how computers how today. I think if they made it an optional thing with servers like how Minecraft does it, I think that might be fun.
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    No. I'd rather do my own thing and post pictures or tell about it later.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I didn't select any option because none of them match my opinion about a mutiplayer feature in TS4. I prefer my game to be a single player experience. I'm not saying that I don't think the option for multiplayer shouldn't be there for others to experience, but I know I would probably never use a feature like that. I like that we can share certain aspects of our game with others on the Gallery, but game play is something I'd rather keep to myself.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Crafty_Crafty_ Posts: 3,381 Member
    I would love to play with my friends. And ONLY my friends. NU STRANGERS.

Also, singleplayer has to be as in-depth as it normally is or else everybody will hate the game.
    oh
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Multiplayer would only spell doom if they set it up like they did Sims Online, forcing people to skill so much, then the skill would go back down, their whole life was skilling.

Also, they should never try to provide everything for the players, do not charge a monthly premium, just let them start free. then sell them land, sell monthly fees on that land. make a few shops but mostly make it so the people can make everything they would need in the land, and create their own shops, That way they can also sell the land for the shops as well, and monthly fees for that. have freebie places for scripts and classes to learn how to build and script, so that lots will make shops. give them the ability to have radio stations, dance clubs open all the time, any kind they like,
    Also, have their land totally private unless they want to open it to the public. just have them to have group only can come to their group, or friends only, or just them.

Let people come free just to hang out and meet others or do nothing but sit by the water, the water must be real like and able to go under the water. should be little free boats to ride on the water that disappear on standing. If they make the sky look real and the beaches and trees people will come just to hang out, soon they will move it. So it should be a lot of public places people can go also different ratings on the land so people can find what they are looking for. G, PG, Mature.

Once people start making friends they will return to talk to their friends. the talk should be a private message or public chat, you should be able to buy money though atm's like in reality with real credit cards only. that they the game do not lose money.

Support is important, and support should have false names and never been seen by people.

One avatar per computer, if you want another you must buy one up to 3 or 5.for about 10 dollars. That way you could make a Sims family if you want one.

I would like this one, but not the first one.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Didn't read the wholw topic but would someone exlain to me how it would work?
    Like if I were to marry someone's sim, I wouldn't be able to play without them online? Or if they played while I wasn't online they could have like 3 kids who were grown ups already and my sim could have died of old age? How would it be possible?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    I play my sims alone and I don't particularly want to force others into my style of gameplay nor conform to other's style of gameplay. Sorry, but if Sims 5 is multiplayer, I'm out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    edited November 2018
    The Sims have always been a way to take a safe, private and pleasant escape from reality for me. If it can't provide that little secret world for me and me alone, I don't want it anymore. I'd never want other people, whether I know them or not, to have any sort of involvement or influence on my game and the sims I have created. If they turn it into a multiplayer, I will have to say goodbye even though it will be painful considering I've been playing since I was 9 years old during both good and very bad times. People annoy me enough when I go to work or outside. I need my alone time with my beloved sims.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    No no no no.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hell no.
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    No...