Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The possible place on the timeline for TS5 - what do you think?

gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims (2000)
If The Sims 5 was released, where would it be on the timeline of events that happened in TS series?
As we know, the chronology is TS3 - TS1 - TS2 and TS4 is an alternative sim reality.

Sorry if I'm not the first person to do such a poll :wink:
understand the significance of the signatures

The possible place on the timeline for TS5 - what do you think? 50 votes

In the far past, before The Sims 3 events, when TS3 deceased sims were alive.
32%
HejixGodlikeBritBrockwayAnmirlawiredhanna67Macaire13dobber321clare74TiaDogBessiebooMichelleeMoonlightDancerRobinh4exyurockMindsimscreatealessrello 16 votes
In the future - after The Sims 2, but before the reality from TS3 ITF.
26%
GothangelMarble9Sigzy05OldeseadoggeshnailehMMXSimplyobsessedYuriTheCreatorGiorgiSimDestroyertheFellagerefteastKaron 13 votes
Another alternative reality, like in The Sims 4.
36%
bandit5ZombieQueenHandman50Writin_Regsimgirl1010BluelledeskitaFelicity1169EnkiSchmidtOxanaPihlajamaavikixcAllieSootieEvie0602DumbOllieMarchTSillyCharlieNikuMilwayLang 18 votes
Other - please specify in comments.
6%
LaBlue0314LR31Opuzzlezaddict 3 votes

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2018
    The world that comes with the base game won't have any residents at all, just some empty lots. You'll get to create exactly one family per save, with no sliders or color wheel and only a few preset features to choose from. A full CAS experience won't show up until a year later, in an expansion pack called "The Sims 5: Totally Unique." Townies will be sold separately in a game pack entitled "TS5: Make Some Friends! YAY!" Official family relationships won't exist at all until the release of the "Family Bonds" EP, when they relent and enable for the first time all the age stages below teen in CAS and finally (in a piece of store content put up for sale a week later) let couples "try for baby" to add to the family. But if you want your sims to die and return to haunt your lot, you'll have to wait for the Ghost pack to be released.

On the plus side, the internet celebrity career will be fully developed on day one, with ten levels and bonuses each time your sim goes viral with an insensitive and completely inappropriate social media post or soda commercial.

Edit: I almost forgot, to access any of these features, you'll need to stay logged in to EA's servers so that they can *ensure an optimal gaming experience*, otherwise you're stuck watching your virtual grass grow on an empty lot.
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, that makes sense after what's happening with The Sims 4 during the last months...
    Post edited by gerefteast on
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Another alternative reality, like in The Sims 4.
    Seeing that I haven't forgiven them replacing everything I acheived im the original game with their own version I'm hoping for another parallel universe. That way I have less canon to ignore.
  • LR31OLR31O Posts: 40 Member
    I chose other because I'd want it to be tied to the Sims 4 universe. Maybe a prequel/sequel to The Sims 4! I kind of want them to bring back old neighborhoods/worlds, even if through game packs, like Strangetown for the Sims 5 with the whole Goth fam and others. I think that would be neat additions.
    Hi! I'm Luigi. Video gamer + Illustrator. Commissions always open. Check out my works here!

Portfolio | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    I'd choose more in to the future. Mainly because there are still things to do with The Sims 4. Personally, I would love expansion packs like: Seasons, universities.. etc.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • destineepanicdestineepanic Posts: 20 New Member
    > @peacetortle said:
    > I chose other because I'd want it to be tied to the Sims 4 universe. Maybe a prequel/sequel to The Sims 4! I kind of want them to bring back old neighborhoods/worlds, even if through game packs, like Strangetown for the Sims 5 with the whole Goth fam and others. I think that would be neat additions.

I COMPLETELY AGREE. I LOVE seeing the old towns, along with their stories. I love that Bella and Don Lothario are still hanging around. Same with the Caliente sisters, and others. And when I first met the scientist brothers in Strangetown. Their house was so cool, and Pascal almost immediately was abducted and came back pregnant with the cutest little alien baby girl. Too cool TS2! More development on them would be cool. I can tell they were really having fun creating their stories, can't say that for TS4.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    In the far past, before The Sims 3 events, when TS3 deceased sims were alive.
    Would like a past one. Where maybe Bella and Mortimer are just still babies.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    But i would actually enjoy it more if it was Sims 1 neighborhood recreated, in the same time period of The Sims 1. THen they could add the other neighborhoods fro mother generations of the game/expansions packs in the same time. Like Veronaville, Strangetown and the others before The Sims 2... The Sims 3 worlds from the past (Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, etc) a few years later in the sims 1 time period. You get it?! Would be cool to see a soft reboot.
    People liked the sims 4 cuz it just didnt cared about the timeline, because they didnt care about the timeline. So, whats the problem of giving for hte people that like the timeline if the ones that dont like it actually dont care?! Makes no difference, cuz they will always delete them. But i enjoy them'!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I voted for after TS2, but anything listed is a possibility, including puzzlezaddit's take on how EA does things of late. After all, EA is in California, so no telling what could happen. Including no TS5 at all.