Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I hated the celebrity system in TS3 and I don't want more things that focus on fame and parties in TS4, but maybe I'm just really not the right targeted demographic anymore :| I didn't want a pet Instagram or a style influencer career neither. I want more realistic things and not only play Young Adult Sims who party and get famous.
    I know many people wanted something like this, so I hope they'll enjoy at least. And considering it's an EP I hope there will be more than I think.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thinking about it.... they’ve been releasing new takes on the popular classics so far, yes? The retail one, the career one, a restaurant one, the vampire one (for one of the Supernaturals), a vacation one, the city one, the Pets, the Seasons, a parenting one (that is only a part of Generations), a jungle adventure one (world adventure?), and now a potential Superstar-like or Fame-like one...

Now we just need University, and some more supernaturals or occults, perhaps a magic pack, and a beach/island one, and we would be having a good amount of takes of the popular themes of past games.

So I feel University could be the next classic theme to tackle after this... Then some of the most requested new content like a farm pack or carnival/amusement park pack, etc.

I’m hoping this fame one is an EP! It needs a good amount of content to cover the fame areas! (Unless they’re splitting it into Game Packs?)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I hated the celebrity system in TS3 and I don't want more things that focus on fame and parties in TS4, but maybe I'm just really not the right targeted demographic anymore :|

The celebrity stuff has been around since Sims 1, so the fame content is not a newfangled concept for the Sims series. I think the devs are touching on past popular themes, and Sims 1’s Superstar was one of them.

I’ve been a Simmer since Sims 1 Hot Date, and I have loved the Sims 1 Packs. Regarding the fame stuff, I’m not fond of Sims 3’s celebrity system, but I have played and enjoyed Superstar in Sims 1. :smile:

There are just so many themes and content in the Sims series, and all simmers are different, so not all themes will satisfy every simmer. We just have to wait our turn and see if the content we want comes out in the future. (While I’m really, really excited about this potential Superstar pack, I’m still waiting for an Island Paradiso-like pack and mermaids.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2018
    I hated the celebrity system in TS3 and I don't want more things that focus on fame and parties in TS4, but maybe I'm just really not the right targeted demographic anymore :| I didn't want a pet Instagram or a style influencer career neither. I want more realistic things and not only play Young Adult Sims who party and get famous.
    I know many people wanted something like this, so I hope they'll enjoy at least. And considering it's an EP I hope there will be more than I think.

If you played Sims 1 Superstar you would be really hyped! Superstar was one of the best expansions IMO. You could actually see your Sims acting or recording music videos and become a superstar by those actions. Also you needed to have a certain level of fame in order to do certain interactions. Fame didn't spread like a flue like in Sims 3.

The only realistic way Sims should become famous through relationships would be by marrying a famous Sim
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Every kind of player gets a turn eventually : ) Those of us who aren't family players have been twiddling our thumbs for a while now.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2018
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    First of all, I love that jump suit.

Second, I really wonder what careers we'll get. The camera could just be for paparazzis, but maybe we'll get a photography or modeling career.

Speaking of emojis, is this the moment I actually turn old for not understanding what the kids are talking about, but what do you think the light bulb is for? To me, it doesn't seem to fit in with obvious celebrity stuff, but I can't imagine a career or something that could fit into fame and be symbolized by a light bulb.

Lights camera action? Something like that I think. So excited! I've been wanting a pack themed around celebrities because it means we might get an actual singer career, maybe some acting!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018

If you played Sims 1 Superstar you would be really hyped! Superstar was one of the best expansions IMO. You could actually see your Sims acting or recording music videos and become a superstar by those actions. Also you needed to have a certain level of fame in order to do certain interactions. Fame didn't spread like a flue like in Sims 3.

The only realistic way Sims should become famous through relationships would be by marrying a famous Sim

Superstar was so amazing! Up there with Makin' Magic and Hot Date.

I could only hope they include some of the Sims 1 Superstar themes in TS4 for the retro station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINeBOUWOww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr78yK8Hj0
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I think the fashion career and terrain tools we saw in Maxis Monthly will be added in the patch before this pack's release.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    I don't want to offend anyone, put personally i pray that this will be just a game pack.
    Since i saw the news I'm absolutely dishearten with this game. Again another pack\ ad don or what ever it will be, that's not interesting at all for me. I waited 4 Years for seasons, which got me back into the game for a little while (actually looked forward to cats and dogs as well but was badly disappointed after it turned out to be purely cats and dogs). But it just isn't enough. And now again, after a freaking long wait we get..... Superstars.... Another warmed up EP from at least 2 previous sims games.
    I personally really crave something new. What about a farm ep? What happened with the living of the grid idea that came up once?
    Common there must be something new to make.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @phantom121294 sorry it's out of context but is your Signature a PC? At first I thought it was a hamster cage :sweat_smile::joy:

How did you find out about the Celebrities please?

They posted a GIF on Twitter teasing the pack. There's going to be more news tomorrow on Youtube.

Did you guys notice the new male hair and the two new dresses and romper? A side from the main sim's hairstyle and sweater ofc.Aaaand if you look closely the female paparazzo has a new curly hairstyle.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think it's naive of me to say, but I hope a celebrity/fame pack doesn't overly revolve around "influencers" and simstube personalities.

I agree with this!
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Niana wrote: »
    I don't want to offend anyone, put personally i pray that this will be just a game pack.
    Since i saw the news I'm absolutely dishearten with this game. Again another pack\ ad don or what ever it will be, that's not interesting at all for me. I waited 4 Years for seasons, which got me back into the game for a little while (actually looked forward to cats and dogs as well but was badly disappointed after it turned out to be purely cats and dogs). But it just isn't enough. And now again, after a freaking long wait we get..... Superstars.... Another warmed up EP from at least 2 previous sims games.
    I personally really crave something new. What about a farm ep? What happened with the living of the grid idea that came up once?
    Common there must be something new to make.

We only just got seasons 3 months ago and a lot of it was related to gardening. I could totally understand not wanting to release a farm pack so soon. I for one am worn out with planting stuff and don't care for it anymore.

As for "off the grid", I really dont understand why people keep thinking an EP will get made off of that theme. We are talking about a theme that lost a competition to be made as even just a STUFF pack. Why would they go and make an EP out of it?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Argh. Really not interested in celebrities at all. :/

But if they add in more instruments with a band system and the celebrity status isn't invasive, it might have something for me. I think I'm going to wait it out though, to see how it functions in people's games first.

Pretty sure it's a game pack, guys. Remember when SimGuruNinja changed his Twitter pic to show a new hair style a few weeks back as a teaser? And he was present in the recent Maxis Monthly stream when they were showing off the fashion designer career. It's looking like this is his thing. He does great work, though.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @phantom121294 sorry it's out of context but is your Signature a PC? At first I thought it was a hamster cage :sweat_smile::joy:

They posted a GIF on Twitter teasing the pack. There's going to be more news tomorrow on Youtube.

Did you guys notice the new male hair and the two new dresses and romper? A side from the main sim's hairstyle and sweater ofc.Aaaand if you look closely the female paparazzo has a new curly hairstyle.

The one thing I did notice after looking at it closely is the weird mouth thing the red-head on the right side is doing - Is it a bug? Is it a moustache? What is going on there :D
  • Options

The one thing I did notice after looking at it closely is the weird mouth thing the red-head on the right side is doing - Is it a bug? Is it a moustache? What is going on there :D

At first I thought it was her tongue, but TS4 sims don't have animated tongs like TS3 sims. Maybe it's a glitch in the animation... :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    she's VERY excited and also happens to have an obscenely big mouth
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    But you know what famous people use a lot? Limos.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

At first I thought it was her tongue, but TS4 sims don't have animated tongs like TS3 sims. Maybe it's a glitch in the animation... :p

It just looks like a cartoon-stretchy open mouth that looked like it was painted on her face (like a flat texture) to me.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    question what do you fine so interesting in celeb in the sims4? honestly I would prefer to see a true vacation expansion pack or uni or even a cruise vacation expansion pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

She's also capable of dislocating her jaw and reconnecting it on the spot! She should be the true celebrity here.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    question what do you fine so interesting in celeb in the sims4? honestly I would prefer to see a true vacation expansion pack or uni or even a cruise vacation expansion pack

See, I don't find vacations fun. As much as I want witches, this sounds better than a farming/vacation pack.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    First of all, I love that jump suit.

Second, I really wonder what careers we'll get. The camera could just be for paparazzis, but maybe we'll get a photography or modeling career.

Speaking of emojis, is this the moment I actually turn old for not understanding what the kids are talking about, but what do you think the light bulb is for? To me, it doesn't seem to fit in with obvious celebrity stuff, but I can't imagine a career or something that could fit into fame and be symbolized by a light bulb.

Lights, camera, action! B)
  • Options
    edited October 2018

The fact that there's a whole new social system to play with and make other sims recognise your sims as popular and rich. Also real life entertainment careers like acting, modelling, singing, playing in a band etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

She's also capable of dislocating her jaw and reconnecting it on the spot! She should be the true celebrity here.

right?? where's our circus gp to match?

each pack will correspond to different play styles. we've already had two vacation-esque packs, I think we'll manage for a while longer before getting a new one. also I'm still paying EA in blood diamonds to prevent them implementing bunk beds.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    In Superstar, we had the following careers: actor, singer, and supermodel. I wonder if this pack would have all of that, or if it would only do supermodel (due to the patch having a modeling/stylist career) and movie star—and then save all of the singer stuff for a full-on band pack?

I really, really want all of them in an EP, but I’m also prepared for some stuff to be cut out, so I’m trying to not to overhype myself (too much, lol).

Still, pretty awesome! :smile:
    (She/her)