Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All my Mods and CC are missing!!! HELP!! Closed

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
edited October 2018 in General Mods Discussion
I had several things including traits and other CC -which I want back and I just noticed they're all missing and it will be impossible to get some of the traits back again due to Pets CC issue. My mods folder is compelty empty and I know when I went into my game it wasn't. The Mods folder itself is still there but everything inside of it isn't!

@rosemow

Could some point me in the direction of the Sims 4 CAts&Dogs updated traits? I want them and I can't get Drew's version of them because those are outdated
6adMCGP.gif
Post edited by MadameLee on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Do you use One Drive? You could have a duplicate Mods folder. Make sure you are using the one located on This PC or your C: drive. You may have to cut and paste your Mods from One Drive back to the correct folder. Try using your computers search function to see if you have multiple Mods folders.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited October 2018
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Do you use One Drive? You could have a duplicate Mods folder. Make sure you are using the one located on This PC or your C: drive. You may have to cut and paste your Mods from One Drive back to the correct folder. Try using your computers search function to see if you have multiple Mods folders.

Nope I never saved my mods/CC to Onedrive or anything at all.. I only had the one Mods folder and yesterday the mods/CC in the folder was just fine. Just today it isn't.. I only had what was in the Mods folder which means I will never get the Swimmer trait or others back again because Zerbu discontinued that mod which did that

and the script mods are still on so I have mo idea why the stuff disappered
    6adMCGP.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited October 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Nope I never saved my mods/CC to Onedrive or anything at all.. I only had the one Mods folder and yesterday the mods/CC in the folder was just fine. Just today it isn't.. I only had what was in the Mods folder which means I will never get the Swimmer trait or others back again because Zerbu discontinued that mod which did that

and the script mods are still on so I have mo idea why the stuff disappered

You don't have to intentionally save files to OneDrive for it to cause a problem. All it takes is to sync your Documents folder to it. It's a common cause of this problem.

FWIW, all no-longer-supported script mods will be broken after the patch that updates Python, which we're expecting in November. It is going to be break all script mods, so all script mod creators will have to recompile their mods so they'll still work.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Sorry it just I would really like all my stuff back because I do'nt want to go around bugging people who updated the traits back in 2017 to release the traits again
    6adMCGP.gif
    One Drive autosaves so you may not have been aware that it was operating. Anyway, maybe @rosemow will have some ideas. Have you tried enabling hidden files in your Mods folder? Maybe that will help. Open your Mods folder and under View tick the box for hidden items.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have this issue :( Try searching in the search bar on your computer for an extra mods folder. There may have been generated an extra mods folder with your mods/cc in it, in another part of your computer.
    I found all my CC now!! and the missing Mod folder.. this time I'm so backing it up!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    Yay! I'm glad you solved your mystery!