Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever had that one sim you just wanted to kill off?

Comments

• Tellie86Tellie86 Posts: 36 Member
    I had a grandparent Sim in a Legacy challenge who wouldn't die and was over 100 years old. I kept making her jog, hoping she'd become so fatigued she'd finally go into the light.
  • JerseySimmerJerseySimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes! I've had a few Sims that I have wanted to kill off, but didn't have the heart to do it (even though they aren't real, they seem real to me at least). I made one Sim who was I was REALLY excited to play. Everything was going pretty well for a while, and I had her marry someone and they had a child together. That's when things got BAD. The father kept trying to interact with the toddler. He would pick her up out of the chair after the mother would put her back. I don't know if it was a glitch or what. But he was really annoying me and I had a cow plant....But in the end, I decided to never play the family again which stinks, because I loved my original Sim.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Yes - a few of them have met with an early demise!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    *nod nod* Liberty Lee. She married one of my sims in a legacy once. It took about 4 sim days to find a way for her to die in a fire. She gave birth to my next generation and then I gave her the boot. She's a cute sim, but my my my she never stopped whining about anything ever. Full needs bars, happy moodlet, always standing around stomping and whining about something or other. She hated the toilets (cheap or expensive didn't matter), she hated the pool, the garden plants, the computer, the couch, it rained and she actually seemed to mope because of it. I even tried taking her to CAS.fulleditmode and changing her traits...It only got worse. She needed to die. Her ghost got released into the nether immediately upon death.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2018
    In my Random Legacy Challenge my founder had a one night stand with Joaquin Le'Chien that resulted in the Gen 2 heir. When the baby aged to a toddler, Joaquin kept coming to the house and wouldn't leave. I wouldn't have minded so much except he kept getting in the way while Gloria was trying to take care of Greta, taking her out the high chair, putting her in the high chair, etc.

This was back when we had the baby Daddy glitch. I think it's been fixed. Anyway, I decided enough is enough and I had Gloria lure him outside somehow (I don't remember how) then locked all the doors to the house so he couldn't come back in. Unfortunately, he STILL wouldn't leave and would gaze longingly in the windows at his daughter as Gloria gave her a bath, fed her and even when she was sleeping. Which was VERY creepy in my opinion. He would just stand there staring at her through the bedroom window all night.

I thought eventually the guy would starve to death or get so hungry he'd leave, but nope. I finally just deleted him in Household Management. But I felt SO guilty about it I went in another save, saved him to my library and put him back in the save with his daughter. He didn't know he had a daughter though, of course, so problem solved.

I guess I could've just bumped him off somehow, but I avoid purposely killing my Sims, unless it's part of a challenge. Even then I don't like doing it. Guess I'm just an old softie. lol
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The first premade sim I actually killed off was Malcolm Landgraab. Hate that sim.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited October 2018
    Diego from CL's expensive apartments. If he isn't making a ton of noise, complaining, or fussing over my sims, then he was loitering in the hallway. I got so sick of him asking what I was cooking and/or whining because I wouldn't invite him inside. Stop forcing me to low-key meet people, Sims 4. It never works. xD

Thankfully my Black Widow got to him first. >:)

I think Mrs. Crumplebottom deserves a special mention. One of my worst memories of her is when my simself went on a first date with a friend, everything had been near perfect until they reached a community lot that provided hot tubs, an indoor pool, and an outdoor seating area with a grill. Long story short, Mrs. Crumplebottom wacked my sim so many times in public she couldn't even get into the hot tub for more than six seconds, ultimately leading to one heck of a low moodlet (she barely made it home in time, and amateur me thought I could turn the situation around) and a decent date ruined.

Holy Mother of Llamas that sim was the bane of my saves, considering 'offing' her would render your game unsalvageable quicker than lighting, I'm glad they never programmed a sim like her again.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    1) The wild-child toddler who hit her stuffed animal because she was 'excited'. Now, okay, I was a bit of an over-imaginative kid, and viewed my stuffed toys as having feelings (the 'Velveteen Rabbit' scarred me for life). But, still, being over-empathetic beats being a psychopath, and I could see no good coming of this little terror. Alas, the game wouldn't let me kill her, and I didn't want her taken away, since that would be a failure on her mother's part. It wasn't the mother's fault. The kid was a bad seed.

2) The mother who twice woke up her toddler for 'inappropriate behaviour' - sleeping in her own bed. (It's a bug that sometimes occurs when the family returns from another lot.) Poor kid was exhausted, since her mothers had kept her up way past bedtime. If the bug hadn't been gone in the morning, the rude mother was headed for a walled-in pool.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    No, I can't kill sims even if I created them with the idea of killing them in my mind. I have tried to create some families in the past where either the mother or father would have died but created them anyway in CAS so I would kill them so there would be a tombstone for them, but even still I become attached to them and give up on killing them.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I used to want to kill Don Lothario in TS2 because I hate men like him and found him more creepy and scummy than "ladies man"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    edited October 2018
    1) The wild-child toddler who hit her stuffed animal because she was 'excited'. Now, okay, I was a bit of an over-imaginative kid, and viewed my stuffed toys as having feelings (the 'Velveteen Rabbit' scarred me for life). But, still, being over-empathetic beats being a psychopath, and I could see no good coming of this little terror. Alas, the game wouldn't let me kill her, and I didn't want her taken away, since that would be a failure on her mother's part. It wasn't the mother's fault. The kid was a bad seed.

2) The mother who twice woke up her toddler for 'inappropriate behaviour' - sleeping in her own bed. (It's a bug that sometimes occurs when the family returns from another lot.) Poor kid was exhausted, since her mothers had kept her up way past bedtime. If the bug hadn't been gone in the morning, the rude mother was headed for a walled-in pool.

1) You do know that you can go into the town overview and edit families, right? Just move the kid to another family, or, pull the entire family into cas.fulleditmode, and delete the little rug-rat.

2) As for your second scenario, I experienced a hug bug back in Sims3. I had started the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. Things were going along nicely. My Founder, Jolene, had found a really nice Townie fellow to marry. They had a baby girl who was a toddler, and a second child, a baby boy. The father went to teach the toddler how to talk, which required he sit on the floor! (This is where the bug comes in.) Sims were getting stuck on the floor. The mother went to work, since the father couldn't get off of the floor. By the time she returned from her 'rabbit hole', he was STILL on the floor. The toddler was crying, hungry and in need of a clothing change. Mom took care of the infant, also wailing away. But when she attempted to pick up her toddler, no dice. She couldn't help her at all. When she returned from work on the second day of this mess, the Social worker came and took BOTH children. Odd, that she could remove the toddler when the mother couldn't. :open_mouth: I was mad, but soldiered through the problem anyway. This couple went on to have more children. One day, one of their sons brought their daughter home from school. Yeah, you read that right. I found myself scouring the Open World to find her brother, but never did.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    :D Yep, very early on in my game. My sim had a fling with another sim that I’d created, got pregnant with twins, and then she broke it off with him with the “ask to just be friends” interaction. I expected him to go away, but nope. He’d still walk up to her in public places and kiss her cheek, which caused problems with her new boyfriend. This was before I had MCCC, so I had no way to remove the relationship bar which made him continue to act like they were together. When the twins aged to toddlers, the dad sim kept coming into the mom sim’s house, and I couldn’t get him to leave. I had to switch households and make him travel to another lot just to remove him from the mom’s house. Then I locked the doors of her house so he couldn’t get in, but he’d just stand outside her door all day whining because he had to go to the bathroom. So I drowned him in a pool. Lol. But I was so disgusted with him that I couldn’t even stand seeing his ghost in my sim’s relationship panel. So I closed the game without saving, relaunched it and just deleted him instead. I also deleted the babies and remade them with the new boyfriend (now husband) as the dad. It’s funny to me now how angry I got at a sim. My son thought I was so ridiculous. Lol

Now I just delete sims that I don’t like. Mostly weird looking NPCs that spawn into the game.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh, the lovely 'parents will parent the toddler even if they're no longer part of the household' thing that was around for a while after toddlers were released. it was a seriously irksome issue, they'd come stare at the toddlers forever and do about 18 thousand 'check toddler' actions, even when not allowed in the house. and would never leave because toddler-checking was the most important thing ever. glad that that is (mostly) cleared up these days

i actually don't even delete many sims anymore, well... ones the game generates, that is. i have a nasty habit lately of downloading a handful of sims from the gallery, poking through their outfits and yoinking any ideas that i like for various sims in my game, then deleting said downloaded sims. as for the created townies, many of them get makeovers, especially with the cas.fulleditmode cheat activated so can change things like body shape, fatness, and musculature (there are some sims that i want to be fat that love to exercise themselves thin or that i want to be thin that go on binges at food stalls and plump up...). that way the game seems happy with the numbers for the age-groups that i rarely play (and i do like trying to come up with different ideas for the various elders)

...as for killing sims off, i'm actually already pondering who is going to be offed when the new pack drops, since there's usually at least one new death type per pack and i'm always curious what the ghosts can do. plus, i kind of want a ghost celebrity or three (think my ghostly musician will become one of those)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yes! Eliza Pancakes! She is SO irritating in every one of my saves. She's always mad about something, stomping around the neighborhood, calling me and coming to my house. lol

I don’t know what it is about Eliza Pancakes, but she irritates me so much. I don’t hate any other Sim, my own or the townies, as much as I hate her.
    I resisted for a long time, but as my generational save got older and the more I had to put up with seeing her face everywhere, I finally cheated to kill her off. Sorry, Bob.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited October 2018
    Once but she wouldn't die. I tried every way to kill her off. I gave up on it. She was resilient that one.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    One of my sims was dating/living with an NPC but she was glitched and not aging... which is annoying and I wanted her gone but none of the extreme emotions cheats that would make them die of like a heart attack from being enraged or hysterical work anymore so I couldn't kill her off that way. I read that they could die from sitting in the sauna too long so I tried that for a couple of hours. It didn't work so I had her ask if they could just be friends and then moved her out. I miss how easy it was to kill them in TS2..
    @robotbees that sim was likely one of the special sims created with a hidden trait to disable death. various service sims, specific vendor types, weirdos (the ones from city living that dress as raccoons or in very eccentric outfits) and a few others have death disabled, many more just have aging disabled. those sims are the exception, other than them, it's extremely easy to kill most sims off

also, if you have get to work, the 'detective criminals', the sims that are created to be captured during an apb, also have aging and death turned off. they get deleted from the game once captured, but if your sim doesn't capture them, they stay forever in your game. and are flagged as a hidden household, so you'll never see them in manage worlds. i've got one of those sims in my game, from back when apbs were bugged and nobody ever matched the description we were given
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    @kalaksed wow that's really weird I didn't know that! Now I know - don't flirt with the cute girl running the hot dog stand, she's immortal lol
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,846 Member
    I had to think about it there is probably more but a long time ago, I think even while we were at base game still maybe we already had ghosts not sure but I made this couple and I had a story that the wife didn't really love her husband but she liked his money. As soon as they were moved in their house I hated him for some reason and immediately trapped him in the pool. I got her hooked up with Don Lothario and brought him home and when the ghost of her late husband came out I'd have them make out in front of him and he'd get sad.

I guess it's a little dark lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    I do recall getting rid of a certain Townie in Sunset Valley first thing before I plopped my family there. What I didn't know at the time, was we weren't supposed to rid the game of the permanent Townies. Their coding was somehow intertwined, shall we say, with the game itself. No wonder my games would get corrupted. :open_mouth: I don't recall her name, but she was a nuisance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @robotbees the funny thing is, in my game the cute girl at the hotdog stand *is* immortal. she was part of a (pretty little liars) household i downloaded and randomly got selected to be a food stall vendor. i also randomly selected her to have one of my vampires turn into a vampire just to see what happens to vampire vendors (short answer: half the time, they're stupid and stand in the sun and burn to death. but if they get into the stall they're fine)

there are a few mods that can show you hidden households in your game (showsiminfo and mccc both do it i know). they can be handy just to see what's going on. like i found out i had two copies of mimsy and bernard (the chalet ghosts) in my game. and some of my temple guardians (from jungle adventure) had families that were normal sims with bone-themed names like the guardians get and also hidden, since they were part of the guardian's family. took a little creative cheating to fix all that

(both of those aforementioned mods also let you look at hidden traits on sims, which is where the anti-aging and/or anti-death stuff is typically kept. i heartily recommend getting one (personally prefer showsiminfo because that's all it does and mccc has tons of other things, but that's what makes many prefer it) but also remember that in less than a month, all script mods will be broken with the new python update (and scripts are how you can read the hidden traits and such)

also, @galacticgal that sounds like the typical mrs crumplebottom problems, though i believe that was from a different sims game. still absolutely less than fun and makes me glad i always just rolled with it with the premade townies. tended to always focus on making random townies suffer
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2019
    aside from every single random generated sim? killing them is my Queen Vampire's favorite hobby atm...

of the premades...where do i even begin! every 4 star celebrity (Thorne, the comedian woman.. hate the cheering spamming >.<) the Partihaus club except for Jade, Gunther Munch, Bob Pancakes, all of Zoe Patel's male roomies, almost all of the CL premades except for Miko, Penny, the Jangs and Jesminder, every single evil mean or slob sim because they Always manage to annoy me somehow and any townie or premade daring to touch my bae Morgan, be it in a mean way or a romantic way! what can i say :p i am easily annoyed by sims in ts 4 it seems for some reason. most are just not as loveable as the premades in TS 3... except for Morgan, Luna, the Bjergsen women (i Always kill Bjorn very soonish because i hate his guts, Clara is cool in my book tho and Sofia and Elsa are cute) and the Goths <3 love them. The mix master club folks are usually also my friends since i almost Always have a DJ in my Household and he/she Always gets an invite for Mix Masters very fast. i do not care for the Calientes much either tho i usually get along well with Dina. Donny boy is my dude ever since he knocked up my sims 4 version of Kaylynn and actually showed real interest in his child, that genuinely impressed me! most other dudes hardly care for their kids but he seems to do it a lot! could just be me tho but i did notice.

in ts 3? hmm tough call...i'd say Jared Frio since he Always wants a piece of my sim...and then my sim brutally murders him >:)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Pretty much every neighbour in every apartment complex ever, no matter if they were premades or created by me. They make deafening noise every night, don't answer the door when I send a sim over to knock, yet come to complain about my "noise" whenever one of my sims as much as farts past 8 pm, and then call me rude for not answering. What's worse is that nothing can stop this behaviour, I thought being good friends with neighbours would help with it somewhat, but nope.

Then there was that one girl who cost my doctor his promotion by pretending to be sick (she was displaying no symptoms whatsoever) and then making a fuss when he came to the conclusion that she was faking it. I did actually kill her in a fire - you don't mess with my sims!
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Recently one of my sims was married to a girl that had the jealous trait and it was so annoying. She would get tense about him "not being around" even if he was just in the backyard swimming or going to the bathroom. I had a cowplant at the time and she kept wanting to eat the cake anyway so I ended up killing her with it.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish that made me laugh so much! Apartment neighbours are the absolute worst! That Geeta who lives with her son just drives me up the wall, always making noise and being rude. One time she strolled in to my apartment to take food out of my fridge. There was another time she got glitched outside, couldn't move from the spot. Ended up peeing herself and passing out in the puddle. I was so happy that I made it the cover for one of my legacy updates.
    And good on you for killing the sim who jeopardised your doctor's promotion!!!

@mia_noelle97 I'm currently playing a jealous sim and he can't even go to work without becoming tense. I want him to complete his aspiration but am starting to think why should I bother?! I make him repair all the households broken stuff in an attempt to kill him. But so far, no joy.