Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss "Sims 5" Project: 06 NEW GAME MODES

Comments

• Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    I havent played Sims 4 yet but ive seen some really good gameplay of it. Sims 5 i feel like it might be the ultimate sims game where you can customize anything and everything possible. I just really hope if they make a pets expansion you can be the pet and do anything and everything kinda like in the sims 3.
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Pinky7797 wrote: »
    I havent played Sims 4 yet but ive seen some really good gameplay of it. Sims 5 i feel like it might be the ultimate sims game where you can customize anything and everything possible. I just really hope if they make a pets expansion you can be the pet and do anything and everything kinda like in the sims 3.
    Yeah that would be cool. I just hope it isn’t as buggy as sims 3. That game was pretty glitchy.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don’t really like the whole object customization thing. It just gave the house a weird texture. A big part of why the sims 3 was just okay to me is that the game always looked dingy and gross. I felt like I had to take a shower after playing it lol. Clothing customization I would like. Hair and skin too.
    I don’t know on what settings you played the game, but I’m sure this had nothing to do with CASt :D CASt doesn’t influence texture.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don’t really like the whole object customization thing. It just gave the house a weird texture. A big part of why the sims 3 was just okay to me is that the game always looked dingy and gross. I felt like I had to take a shower after playing it lol. Clothing customization I would like. Hair and skin too.
    I don’t know on what settings you played the game, but I’m sure this had nothing to do with CASt :D CASt doesn’t influence texture.

Lol I always play with high settings on everything except backround view because it hurts my eyes sometimes.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    I don’t but it always looked gross and weird. I did not like it at all.
    It's a lot of fun!
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Lol I always play with high settings on everything except backround view because it hurts my eyes sometimes.
    So you didn't like the art style. That's got nothing to do with CASt though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    05 Premade Families + Storytelling Tools
    This weeks theme is Premade Families. Which premade families from SIms 1/2/3 do you miss? Do you miss SIms 2 pre-scripted events and want to see it in Sims 5? Which Sims 4 premade families would you like to see in Sims 5? Do you care about premade sims? How you felt about the rebooted timeline? What you want to see in Sims 5, the classic timeline or the rebooted one? Or what?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Lately i was thinking about the new families introduced in Sims 4, and how much a=i love them, but also how much i miss having news about the premades from other games. In SIms 4 they decided to reboot the timeline, introducing the Goths, Calientes and Landgraabs of different periods, or including alternative family members. I don't know why they decided to do that, maybe they didnt had enoguh time to think about the classic premades before the release (just like how we didnt got toddlers, pools, ghosts, etc...) but then, why they didnt include classic premade families in other worlds shipped with expansion packs and game packs?
    I love the premade sims since i played Sims 1 when i was a little kid. When Sims 2 released i was amazed to find that they lived their own lives, much has changed and their lives have evolved. While, in Sims 3, we got to see what their lives were before SIms 1, we saw them growing up and we could even play with their destiny, rewriting thei stories. Sims 4 adds new families we never saw before, some are cool, some are boring, some are more than drama (right Eliza?!).
    I know that many simmers like to delete the premades to create their own sims, but most simmers like me like to play with the premades at some point of their simmer life. I felt really dissapointed when i heard that Sims 4 was going to be a reboot, and hate that even today. I t was kidna disrespectful to me. I love the new families, but in SIsm 3 worlds we had new families too, and they never excluded the classic ones. I miss seeing them, or hearing their stories. I was expecting to see an old Cassandra married to Darren, Alexander being the heir of the Goth name, married to Cecilia, what happened to the Pleasants? And the Brokes?
    Another thing i miss about the premade families was the pre-written events in Sims 2. When Don refused to marry Cassandra, or Mary-Sue caught Daniel cheating on her... I missed that in Sims 3, and miss that in Sims 4.
    Sims 4 premades dont have any relationship when you start the game, there is nothing going on in their lives, they dont have ancestors, friends, enemies... I miss seeing my neighborhoods alive.
    In Sims 5 i hope that they would return to the Classic Timeline, showing us what happened to the families we know and love, who married who, who got a divorce, the name of their kids... Also, i want to see SIms 4 premades included in that. Did the Pancakes marriage survived long after Iggy was born, or they split?
    I know thta many of the players are going to say they dont care about the premades, but what about us that care?
    Devs, please, in SIms 5 show some respect to us who made Bella Goth the brand character of the franchise. Or us who turned Bob Pancakes into The Sims 4 main character. Add some drama for us to play in, add tools for us to write dramas in the custom worlds that we can share, show us what happened to the sims from previous games. WE MISS THE STORYTELLING ASPECT. We miss premade sims who have lives before we start the game.
    ______
    @Matthia @Scarbo27 @Scorpina2009 @kalaksed @drakharis @NRowe @RedDestiny92 @citysimmer @WildIrishBanshee @Kita5399 @LolaLuvsSims @llane83 @leetamme
    @MaggieMarley @Oldeseadogge @littlemissgogo @paradiseplanet @LaBlue0314 @afai1261 @citysimmer @Magdaleena @Doons99P @Cinebar @Finbar659 @joseiloaizach
    @rosemow @pronterus @Rflong7 @BreeMiles @JC1979 @duhboy2u2 @Oldeseadogge @March306 @HillyBeth @BossLady0309 @Shadow_Assassin @Hesreal2me @Simmerville @LolaLuvsSims
    @Lianuh1104 @Elegantblkchina1 @mika @SarahsShady
    Totally want the Goths and the Landgrabs. Maybe the Pancakes too.
    It's a lot of fun!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I want the Pancakes in TS5 even though I don't like Eliza. I'd like to see what happens to the Windenburg premades (particularly Siobhan, Sergio, and Joaquin). And although I've never played TS3 I want the Altos. Imagine the Altos, Landgraabs, and Fengs going at each other.

The timeline doesn't bother me much, but the fact the premades have little to no relationships outside of their households definitely does.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Agree in principle, but can see a potential no win situation for the devs. While the TS1-3 premade families are pretty much core, those in TS4 are a mixed - and mixed up - bag. I, for one, have pretty much ignored them. Don't even know what an Iggy is. I suspect I am not alone. Since TS4 is a fresh start, the premades are going to have their own set of fans, to whatever degree distinct from the veterans, which could make for two camps/schools of thought on TS5 (if there is one) premades. As an example, which Goth version goes into 5, the old line or the new? Someone will not like the choice regardless. Try to blend them, say the TS4 versions are between TS1 & 2 versions? The whole matter demands careful thought before any implementation is done, and getting player input may be a good idea.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    In TS5 I definitely want the Goths and the Pancakes (with Iggy from the start this time). I’d also like it if we got J Huntington III and Morgan Fyres. If we get vampires again, then I for sure want Vlad back and it would be nice to see Caleb and Lilith again.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Don't even know what an Iggy is.
    @Oldseadigge Iggy Pancakes is the son of Eliza and Bob Pancakes. He starts off as a toddler was uploaded to the gallery by Maxis after the toddlers patch.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hmmm...

That is a question, I thought for sure I would be able to answer easily, but not this time. Back some months before, I used to not really care for any premades; then I started to read more about their histories throughout the entire series and I kinda do want some premades to return, even if I might not take much interest in playing them. In fact, their returns might spur me actually play them for once.

The Goths and Landgraabs do need a return, but the Goths returning need to start from where they left off in TS2, not this poor excuse of an AU that TS4 is. Also, need the Altos back to complement the Landgraabs. On that thought, I'd like to see a return of pretty much all of the households from StrangeTown as well as Veronaville, as well as Don Lothario naturally. Also would like to see a return of the Greenmans (that would require them to create proper PlantSims instead of the knockoffs we have now) and ofc Mrs. Crumplebottom. In fact a few TS2 NPCs should see a return as well.

For TS3 I can't really think of anyone really interesting, except maybe a return of the Vanderburgs, however that would happen is beyond me. Maybe one of those "elven" households from Dragon Valley too. TS4, the Pancakes aren't my faves but they are iconic symbols of TS4 so I welcome their return but will continue to ignore them. Most of the sims from Windenburg and some from San Myshuno I would welcome a return, and ofc all the premade vampires.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I would like a return of the classic timeline. I don't care about when in the timeline, I'm open just as long as they stay true to some of the characters and families that I grew up with. From the Sims 4, if they bring a family back, I think Eliza and Bob Pancakes deserve to be in it. I could really see Bob Pancakes and Bob Newbie (sims 1) being best friends and watching sports on the couch in dirty t-shirts.

I want Bella to be exotic and not trashy. I always imagined Mortimer as a mad scientist type (that's just me since Sims 1, I always thought of him that way. When I play him I steer him in that direction, lol).

My actual introduction to the Landgraabs was in Sims 3. I've always heard the name Landgraab, but I don't remember the characters until Sims 3. If they were in Sims 2 (which I played from release) I totally missed them. It could be because I'm forgetful.

I would like background stories of the premades with relationships that match the story. I really enjoyed the scenarios we could play out from Sims 2. It was fun for me to try different things that would alter their future. Correct relationships are very, very important to have in the premade population for me.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    edited October 2018
    I kind of liked the explanation of Don Lothario's introduction to the Sims 3. It explained why he was that age when he was placed in the world, and I thought it fitting. The Sims have all kinds of wacky ways in which to bend time, so if something doesn't quite match the timeline chosen then a time machine, elixir, or other device would work in explaining why something wasn't copacetic (and it should be explained in the family history story) even if that particular device wasn't in the game yet.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I would like a return of the classic timeline. I don't care about when in the timeline, I'm open just as long as they stay true to some of the characters and families that I grew up with. From the Sims 4, if they bring a family back, I think Eliza and Bob Pancakes deserve to be in it. I could really see Bob Pancakes and Bob Newbie (sims 1) being best friends and watching sports on the couch in dirty t-shirts.

I want Bella to be exotic and not trashy. I always imagined Mortimer as a mad scientist type (that's just me since Sims 1, I always thought of him that way. When I play him I steer him in that direction, lol).

My actual introduction to the Landgraabs was in Sims 3. I've always heard the name Landgraab, but I don't remember the characters until Sims 3. If they were in Sims 2 (which I played from release) I totally missed them. It could be because I'm forgetful.

I would like background stories of the premades with relationships that match the story. I really enjoyed the scenarios we could play out from Sims 2. It was fun for me to try different things that would alter their future. Correct relationships are very, very important to have in the premade population for me.

Malcolm Landgraab IV was in Sims 2 Open for Business, although that's pretty easy to forget. The Pleasantview premades are more memorable for me.

I do agree with going back to the original timeline. The alternate timeline families in this game are pretty meh to me. They didn't put much effort into the premades either, with all the families having no history at all. Don is supposed to be Katrina's boy toy but nothing in the game actually indicates that. And none of the families' stories interact in any way to create a meaningful overarching plot.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Even in sims 3 I didn’t really play with premades. I want a system where you see them outside of just restaraunts and walking down your street. I want Bella Goth playing with Alex (I think that’s his name lol) in the park. I want the landgraabs dharing drinks and laughing at a lounge. I want bob pancakes to pass out at a library because he’s so bored. I WANT their traits to affect the game in some way and make it life like. Seasons did a good job kind of with how people walk down the street. I just want more than them doing the normal npc routine. For me, just doing that would feel like a more exciting world. It wouldn’t be that hard to implement. Just a few “if” “then” statements.
    It's a lot of fun!
    I like playing with premades. I've bonded with many of them throughout the years. Throughout the years of 1-3 I really felt they were the same characters, and I knew them. Sims 4 they are different characters who just share the same name. That might be why I like the Pancakes and the other brand new Sims 4 characters better than the ones that returned from older games in this iteration. Something feels off with the Goths and the Calientes/Lothario, Landgraabs in Sims 4.

I like Bob and Eliza so much I added them to my Sims 3 saves. They are very happy and have 2 sons. Bob is a 5-star chef and Eliza writes novels. She wants 5 kids, but their children don't look too attractive so they just get 2.
    edited October 2018
    Agree in principle, but can see a potential no win situation for the devs. While the TS1-3 premade families are pretty much core, those in TS4 are a mixed - and mixed up - bag. I, for one, have pretty much ignored them. Don't even know what an Iggy is. I suspect I am not alone. Since TS4 is a fresh start, the premades are going to have their own set of fans, to whatever degree distinct from the veterans, which could make for two camps/schools of thought on TS5 (if there is one) premades. As an example, which Goth version goes into 5, the old line or the new? Someone will not like the choice regardless. Try to blend them, say the TS4 versions are between TS1 & 2 versions? The whole matter demands careful thought before any implementation is done, and getting player input may be a good idea.

I would not be bothered if they mixed the new THe SIms 4 characters with the classic characters from the old timeline. I can kinda see Sims 4 placed between Sims 1/2 in the timeline if you ignore the landgraabs.
    Don't even know what an Iggy is.
    @Oldseadigge Iggy Pancakes is the son of Eliza and Bob Pancakes. He starts off as a toddler was uploaded to the gallery by Maxis after the toddlers patch.

I have a theorie about the Pancakes and i would love to see that in Sims 5. Not sure if anyone noticed, but Bob Pancakes wears a "trangender community flag" on his shirt. Its placed were the skyline of the image of his shirt should be. I htink that he is so sad cuz he's actually a she, a transgender woman. But he refuses to accept that, he even married someone that is only interested in his fortune and had a kid to make sure no one would question his sexuality.
    Thats why i think he is so sad all the time. Also, i think that plot would be on the same level of drama that we had in Pleasantview.

The Landgraabs are in Bluewater Village. We have only Malcolm Landgraab IV living there.
    I kind of liked the explanation of Don Lothario's introduction to the Sims 3. It explained why he was that age when he was placed in the world, and I thought it fitting. The Sims have all kinds of wacky ways in which to bend time, so if something doesn't quite match the timeline chosen then a time machine, elixir, or other device would work in explaining why something wasn't copacetic (and it should be explained in the family history story) even if that particular device wasn't in the game yet.

Yes, i agree. Also, we have the Calientes living in Barnacle Bay after Pleasantview. Mortimer probably found out about who they really were, then they had to run away.

Another good excuse that would fit Nancy Landgraab was a youth potion or something like that. haha SHe seems like that time of woman that would do anything to be forever young.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Malcolm Landgraab IV was in Sims 2 Open for Business, although that's pretty easy to forget. The Pleasantview premades are more memorable for me.

I do agree with going back to the original timeline. The alternate timeline families in this game are pretty meh to me. They didn't put much effort into the premades either, with all the families having no history at all. Don is supposed to be Katrina's boy toy but nothing in the game actually indicates that. And none of the families' stories interact in any way to create a meaningful overarching plot.

Yes, I miss the dedication they used to put in the neighborhood.
    I like playing with premades. I've bonded with many of them throughout the years. Throughout the years of 1-3 I really felt they were the same characters, and I knew them. Sims 4 they are different characters who just share the same name. That might be why I like the Pancakes and the other brand new Sims 4 characters better than the ones that returned from older games in this iteration. Something feels off with the Goths and the Calientes/Lothario, Landgraabs in Sims 4.

I like Bob and Eliza so much I added them to my Sims 3 saves. They are very happy and have 2 sons. Bob is a 5-star chef and Eliza writes novels. She wants 5 kids, but their children don't look too attractive so they just get 2.

I understand how you feel about the classic sims in TS4. Mortimer doesnt look like the luxury crazy scientist we know frm Sims 1/2, and the others dont act like they should. Probably blame the problem that many have with the personality system in the game, but also the lack of respect that they have put in creating them jsut to feel their jobs of "brand characters" instead of a thriving part of our neighborhood.

@GoldSpirit57 @Cynna @Movotti @EmmaVane @leetamme @alanmichael1 @JoAnne65 @Metaphasic @Shinzen @DeKay @Sjofn @Sim_Man17 @KirbySkywalker @michelei @elanorbreton @vikixc @VanPelt81 @SeanT346 @Jordan061102 @king_of_simcity7 @SimsILikeSims @Quintina85 @Simburian @poptarts_ @Rooky101 @Tanjuska @kremesch73 @paradiseplanet @Sigzy05 @xamira99 @hyrulerose @Brindleton @LittlBowBub @icmnfrsh @comicsforlife @aricarai @Lauri_Anton @loutredor @CreoleSim @Bubbz3388 @ohmyohmy @kaiwrysims @Pinky7797 @MDianaSanders

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Funny you should bring up this topic this week. I just did makeovers on the Caliente sisters (TS3 version) on my YouTube channel. I miss the depth that used to go into the back stories of the characters. It's like the devs actually thought how they could tie things together. I think all pre-mades should have in depth back stories because it makes them feel alive. I especially like when the back stories are open ended because it gives us, the players, to choose how we want to carry on those back stories.

After doing the makeovers on the Caliente sisters, I'm so confused as to who Katrina Caliente is and why she was even placed as their mother. It's like it replaces their history. I understand that it's an alternate timeline in The Sims 4, but it just seems odd to me.

I'd love if The Sims 5 carried on from The Sims 3 and mixed in what we know before that time as well as some of the townies from The Sims 4. And if the devs are tired of writing in depth back stories, I bet there are a lot of Simmers that would happily take up that task.

One thing is for sure, I miss that connection with the townies from TS1 - TS3.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I love the premades. Would like to see the Pleasant family return. Not sure about this alternate reality Sims 4 has taken. I think it would be interesting to see the paths of some of the legacy children of the premades. Like did Lilith marrying Darren or break his heart by skipping town with her sisters first love Dustin Broke. Maybe seeing Alexander Goth grown up and the path he has taken the family. Perhaps Cassandra dumped Don and got a knockout makeover dating new guys and making him jealous for once. and did the Monty's and Capp's ever settle their differences and let their children be free to love one another. Just a few examples. And what about the third baby of Brandy Broke what ever happened to that kid? The stories are out there. We know so much about the premade families maybe jumping a little ahead into the timeline and see where they are.
    WbUrFQm.png
    edited October 2018
    Missed the premades post!
    This weeks theme is Premade Families. Which premade families from SIms 1/2/3 do you miss? Do you miss SIms 2 pre-scripted events and want to see it in Sims 5? Which Sims 4 premade families would you like to see in Sims 5? Do you care about premade sims? How you felt about the rebooted timeline? What you want to see in Sims 5, the classic timeline or the rebooted one? Or what?
    I can be very brief about that: I don’t care about them and as far as I’m concerned the ones we knew don’t necessarily have to return in the new game. I like the background stories, I agree that it absolutely adds depth to them, but I’d prefer totally new characters myself (with the same surnames, that aspect I do like). I realize this absolutely is an unpopular opinion (and I should add they won’t bother me in the game either) but it is as it is, I feel indifferent towards them.

I’m a bit shivery where prescripted events are concerned, because I don’t like this game to be scripted. Though I must add I do like the detail in Sims 3 where for example Yuri Ivanov’s family (Riverview) lives in a small house at the foot of the hill and they will move to another, bigger house after a while (and always the same house). As long as it won’t corrupt the game when I happened to start my own family in that second house (I have no idea if that’s the case here). Or, like, there’s a Cinderella set up in Hidden Springs. I would have liked it if at some point Cinderella and ‘prince’ would end up married with a bunch of kids after a while (nothing happens now if you leave them to it). At the same time I wouldn’t want them to waste too much time and money on game mechanics like that. I’d rather see them focussing on other gameplay.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    See, I feel you need to do the reboot thing because they leave the stories open-ended. I think people who actually play the premades would feel more 'disrespected' if they advanced a timeline and oh , whatever they did with them gets completely invalidated.

edited October 2018
    Sjofn wrote: »
    See, I feel you need to do the reboot thing because they leave the stories open-ended. I think people who actually play the premades would feel more 'disrespected' if they advanced a timeline and oh , whatever they did with them gets completely invalidated.

@Sjofn what? no. hahaha i mean, someone might fell invalidated, but for us that like playing the premades we dont care that much. I am not expecting them to guess how i played the game, but for sure they should follow the masses.
    Lets take Eliza Pancakes as an example. THey created her, but neveri ntended her to act "evil" like most simmers see her. Then, they would take that and expand upon it in the next game, you know? Maybe Bob's depression made him go bankrupt, and then Eliza divorced him. Bob know lives with a teenage son in a trailer park or something.
    Thats not impossible for them to do. I do not have the right to speak for all simmers who play with the premades, but in my case I would be more curious to know how they "evolved" the history of the premades than I would be angry.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Sjofn wrote: »

@Sjofn what? no. hahaha i mean, someone might fell invalidated, but for us that like playing the premades we dont care that much. I am not expecting them to guess how i played the game, but for sure they should follow the masses.
    Lets take Eliza Pancakes as an example. THey created her, but neveri ntended her to act "evil" like most simmers see her. Then, they would take that and expand upon it in the next game, you know? Maybe Bob's depression made him go bankrupt, and then Eliza divorced him. Bob know lives with a teenage son in a trailer park or something.
    Thats not impossible for them to do. I do not have the right to speak for all simmers who play with the premades, but in my case I would be more curious to know how they "evolved" the history of the premades than I would be angry.

I find people, when they create their narrative, HATE when a game company goes, "Actually, no, this is what really happened." Multiple timelines avoid that. I never felt TS2 really followed *directly* off TS1, and TS3 was its own thing like TS4 is.

I'd prefer TS5 leave the memories alone, basically. I want the more popular premades in (I don't really play them directly, but they're often major players in my stories, sometimes even marrying in and such), but I don't love the idea of dictating what course they took in what's supposed to be the same timeline or whatever.