Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire eating.

I have a vampire who is constantly trying to eat food.
I don't think I have ever had this problem before and I have played a fair few vampires. He just keeps going to the fridge and grabbing a plate, I cancel the action, he tries to grab another plate and this is how it's going.
His thirst bar is either full or practically full so it's not as if he's thirsty and confusing it.
I read in a post from a yr ago that it's because he has the withered stomach weakness, so I gave him a reconfiguration drink and removed it and it made him worse. If I am not watching him all the time he'll be in the kitchen making himself sick.

Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It sounds like a bug. Assuming you've already checked if mods are involved or aren't using any, I would probably try turning him human and turning him back again. My vamps can eat food and be completely fine with it as long as they haven't got that weakness.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Him being sick must have been a bug because I restarted the game and now he can eat without being sick. I let him eat a plate of food and he isn't going back to the fridge yet for another. It was just a bit weird that he was spamming eat. I never had that happen before and I haven't added anything new since the last time I played a vampire not too long ago.
    Thanks for the help @Cupid
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    That sounds annoying. He's not a foodie or a glutton or anything, is he? (I have no ideas if foodies or gluttons go randomly grab food or not. Just a thought.)

I feel like sometimes a Sim gets an idea in their head and won't let it go. I had to put a household fireplace in inventory because my ghost Sims wouldn't stop lighting it during a heat wave. I was getting constant alerts that the mortal Sims were dying of being overheated. >.<

Anyways, glad it worked itself out for you.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.