Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchasing my first Stuff Pack. A little advice

Hi to all here,

While the current Sims 4 sale is on I've been considering purchasing one of the Stuff packs. I've not played that much of the game. I'm in the process of building my first house.

Here's the content I already have

The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe
Get to Work expansion
Spooky Stuff
Holiday Celebration

I saw the Laundry Day Stuff pack which looks quite fun.

Any advice or comments would be great.

Thank you!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Vintage Glamour Stuff
    Bowlling Night Stuff

Are my picks for best SP’s.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It mostly depends on how you like to play. Backyard Stuff is my favorite as i always have my Sims outside. I also get a lot of use out of Toddler Stuff. Not a fan of the laundry gameplay myself, but the Build/Buy and CAS items in that pack are fantastic.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • TCGDazTCGDaz Posts: 57 Member
    Thank you both for the input. :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've got all the stuff packs (because i'm silly) and invariably wind up using a fair few objects from most of them either with builds or sims. i apologize because my post is going to be a long one...

luxury party is probably the least used for me, though some of my rich or snobbish sims wind up with clothing or hairstyles from it, or especially accessories. there's not much build/buy but it also finds its way into the houses or apartments of such sims. the buffet tables and ...i don't recall its actual name, so 'fondue fountain' can be nice for weddings, parties and more. and add a handful of decent gourmet snack recipes for cooking sims.
    the makeup is also good for using with aliens or vampires for a touch of the unearthly (though i use it for regular sims, as well). the twisting floor lamp sculpture thing also frequently gets used for alien builds

perfect patio, quite a bit of its build/buy winds up in various outdoors locations for me, the fountain and sculptures tend to work well for spas or other builds with a lot of spa day decor, i can never get enough decor plants, and of course there's the hottubs, which are pretty much enough to sell the pack on their own.
    cas here is a bit more limited, but it includes two one-piece swimsuits for female sims and i use these a lot. the tops for both genders get used quite a bit for both relaxed looks and now for hot weather outfits, too. and the female and kid hairs see quite a lot of use with me, female especially with teens before they change up a bit upon reaching adulthood

cool kitchen i've wound up falling in love with quite a few of its cas assets, to the point where i actually try not to use them on new sims, just so i get to try other things out (on female side, i adore the midriff sweater and frayed denim jacket. on male side, it's the vest. i use more than just those three, but those are by far the most popular with me). the hairstyles get a lot of use, too. one has become the default for my romantic alien.
    as for build, it's got some nice kitchen clutter that often gets used in many of my builds, and there's the ice cream maker that can make some interesting and potentially dangerous ice creams (watch out for dragon breath!)

would have mentioned spooky stuff, but you already own it :)

movie hangouts has, as well as the movies (which i adore, i always watch them with my sims instead of focusing on other things) and the gargantuan tvs for them, has all kinds of colorful boho options, both in cas and build/buy. several of my sims fit that theme perfectly, so it all gets used a lot around them. some of the dresses and female tops work well for other looks, too. and the sandals and two of the male tops can work really well for different cultural outfits too (if you do cultural sims).

romantic garden has the wishing well which i don't use much anymore, but am really glad to have around when a sim needs it, either for a story or whatnot (you can use cheats with it to force any outcome type, which can be great for storytelling if you have an idea). it's also got quite a lot of lovely flowers and statues which i adore. they've been used in botanical gardens and cemeteries for me. it also has a rarity, a new look for monkeybars for kids. which is good to know.
    as for cas, it's got two different kid hairs, which is another rarity. and two dresses for girls, though nothing new for boys. i don't use the adult cas here nearly as much as i do some from other packs, but some do get plenty of use from specific types of sims

kids room... i'm not really a family player (more of a 'little bit of everything' player) but i was instantly sold on a pack all about kids. they always need more of everything, more to do, more hairs, more clothes, just...more... hair and clothes from here get used quite a lot on various children in my game.
    and the build/buy, i love the voidcritter battle stations and even have some set up in my central parks with (get together) clubs that meet specifically to battle there. the parks also have puppet theaters and various other decor from the pack. and the decor gets used not just for my kids, but lots of teens and even some adults too (some never grow out of loving voidcritters, even though only kids can battle with them. which actually disappoints me)

backyard stuff works quite well with perfect patio if you wind up getting both somewhere down the road. it's got a lot of great casual summery clothing for both adults and kids and gets used quite frequently because of that (a lot is finding its way into hot weather outfits for my sims with seasons out now). it includes some nice new hairs, including one of the very few ways for children to have 'unnatural' hair colors (like blue or green) though it's just highlights and not the main color (it still works great for some of my alien children)
    build mode includes windchimes, water slides, a bird feeder and a drink tray (that makes lemonade or iced tea). all of these find their way into more than a few builds for me, especially the more suburban or rural ones (and my vampire living in a plantation house just needs the iced tea around). the water slides need to get packed away when its not summer, but are great to have when it is.

vintage glamour is worth owning just for butlers...when they work properly. sometimes they forget they're supposed to work. and be wary if you get a kleptomaniac butler. i fire then delete those immediately. with some work (read 'cheats') you can get an alien, vampire or ghost butler. though again, currently, can't guarantee they always continue working.
    i use a lot from this pack, and one of the hairstyles was absolutely perfect for me as it finally let me change nancy landgraab from 'soccer mom' to 'mob wife', even though she's the mobster in the family. much of both the cas and bb for it is great for upscale sims or those wishing to be so. and as the name says, quite a bit has a vintage feel to it. the beds see quite a bit of use in many of my builds just because i mostly try to use beds with 8+ energy and there's not a whole lot of those currently and i try to not use the same 2 beds for everyone. the make-up tables are great, especially if you have vampires (since i chuckle every time i see one applying make-up with the mirror, even though she can't see herself in it)

bowling stuff... is tons of fun. i've only got one bowling alley in my game (which is a bar uploaded by hayleylauren from simsvip. only did slight editing to it) but have at least 4 different clubs that meet there. the bb from this pack also got used quite a bit to make a 'deco dinor' restaurant. and the casual cas from it gets used quite frequently. most everything from this pack (aside from the decor that can't be anything but bowling) gets used far, far more frequently than i had originally expected. it's really great and quite versatile. again, aside from the things that have bowling pins or bowling balls on them. but those were great for the house i put the rockin' rollers into (the household that was created to show off the pack). it also has some nice stuff to make rockabilly sims

fitness stuff is actually similar to bowling in that i use more of it in varied builds or for different sims than i expected to. i've only got one gym in my game (the default one from get together, though i upgraded it to include a sauna, basketball court, rock climbing walls and more) but the rock climbing walls from this pack suit it and they're quite popular with sims, too. a lot of the decor here finds its way into my more modern builds, especially for sims that like the outdoors. the almost natural woods on the shelves and tables are great, and i absolutely love the bookshelf and especially the accent table that reminds me of underwater elevation maps.
    the cas in it is, of course, designed for athleticwear and is great for that (even if it looks to mostly be aimed for richer sims and/or those that want to look like they're fitness buffs without actually being fitness buffs). i actually went overboard on updating the looks of most of my sims to include stuff from this pack and am slowly trying to undo that with a few, just so i don't use the same stuff over and over. the hairstyles are great, even if i don't use them too much. they seem to be better for specific sims for me rather than general populous stuff.
    should also mention that the ability to do two different workouts from your sim's tv is great. and i enjoy the videos associated with them (especially the dancing bear...)

toddler stuff is like kids stuff mentioned above. entirely more for toddlers and they very much needed it. the cas gets used for virtually every toddler in my game, and there is some toddler bb in every single park, as well

laundry stuff... i personally am not a fan of doing laundry, even in a game. i think only 3 of my households do it (two are rich, one being the landgraabs, and the third is a pair of hippieish roommates living in the wilder part of northern brindleton bay and use the wash tub and clothesline). but quite a bit of both the cas and bb is amazing and is seeing a fair bit of use in many of my builds. cas especially works quite well with some of the boho stuff from movie hangouts and cultural stuff from city living, though a lot of bb does too. bb also works really well for more naturalist sims. (...i also have to try very, very hard to not use the boots from this pack on every female sim i own just because i love them that much)

my first pet stuff... there was a lot of negativity when this pack was announced and when it was released. i, of course, ignored that and got the pack anyway. even just the hairstyles from it were worth it for me. there's not a lot of non-pet cas, but what is there has seen a fair bit of use for sims that like animals (i am especially fond of giving a cat-themed shirt to a sim that likes cats but doesn't have the 'cat-lover' trait, just as a nod to say 'i like cats'. similar with the dog-themed). and the outfits for pets are pretty adorable. i don't use them much, but they're great to have. especially for halloween!
    on the build mode side of things, i do like the pet-themed kid stuff and it makes its way into several households with pets or where the kid just wants a pet. and the rodents...i know there's not much to them, since they mostly stay in their habitats, but i love them. my alien sims tend to get the bubalus (the weird looking one), vampires tend to go for the rat and so on. only a handful of households have these, and mostly those either with kids or other pets (i do love the way cats will just sit and stare at the rodents. they'll do the same with aquariums)

so...um... yeah, there's my entirely too long 'brief' review of all the packs. i'd suggest poking through simsvip's lists of what comes in what pack to see what you think personally. and... likely could have saved all this text just by saying that first. oops...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Laundry Stuff pack has a lot of good clutter and decor. Wicker furniture is very nice. I don't care too much for the laundry itself, but nice if you want that added realism for a laundry room or just something a bit more rural for clothes lines for homes that might not have a lot of technology or just living on a farm. The clothing is pretty nice.

[Backyard Stuff] I found to be a good stuff pack with that summer vibe going on. Even better now that Seasons is a thing. Functional drink tray your sims can mix drinks, a table with an umbrella that can sit six seats, wind chimes and a waterslide. The clothing and hair in this pack is so good its definitely one of my favorite stuff packs.

If you're into family play [Kids Room Stuff & Toddler Stuff] are also good packs. More stuff for younger sims to do indefinitely and a lot of good clothing choices. Void Critters, Puppet show theater, new tween channel and radio station, toddler slide, toddler jungle gym and ball pit.

[Movie Hangout Stuff] I just LOVE THIS. The clothing in here is awesome. I like the indie movie theme to it. If you like the Bohemian furniture. I like seeing my sims watching a movie together and shooshing other sims when they're being too loud as well as spilling popcorn if they're watching a scary movie.

[Vintage Glamour] Very nice sleek furniture. If you're making some fancy or vintage looking homes for starlets this is a good one. The vanity for sims to put on make up is sweet and then you have that cool looking juice globe as well as the butler to fit that high lifestyle. Wish there were more vintage clothing in this one as well as hair-do's. Really my only complaint for this pack, but all the furniture and nice wallpapers are great.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello :) These guides to the Stuff packs may help you. They contain information about the features that come with the pack, and pictures of build mode and cas items
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-stuff-pack-guides/
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The only advice I can say here is that, if there is a sale for ANY stuff pack you don't have yet, BUY it. Stuff packs rarely ever go on sale anymore and you're more likely to ever see an individual SP on sale than the whole set.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TCGDazTCGDaz Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi again and thanks for all the replies and helpful information!

Just like @paradiseplanet said. I went ahead and bought some content while the sale is on. I purchased the Get Together expansion. Spa Day and Dine Out game packs. Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, and Laundry Day Stuff packs. I'm sure this is enough content to keep me going for awhile. Well...until the next sale is on!

Thanks again everyone! <3
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Just like @paradiseplanet said. I went ahead and bought some content while the sale is on. I purchased the Get Together expansion. Spa Day and Dine Out game packs. Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, and Laundry Day Stuff packs. I'm sure this is enough content to keep me going for awhile. Well...until the next sale is on!

Happy simming!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member

Hello :) It is great that you now own these packs! You will enjoy having them in your game. Happy simming! :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that is a nice assortment you've chosen, and yeah, it should keep you busy for quite a while. enjoy!