Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Towers?

Metzfits84Metzfits84 Posts: 90 Member
Has anyone ever built a tower for their Sim(s) to live in? If so, were they easy to build, design, furnish, etc? I'm thinking of building one that is quirky and rather colourful, but I'm not sure if it would be easily done.

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Metzfits84 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever built a tower for their Sim(s) to live in? If so, were they easy to build, design, furnish, etc? I'm thinking of building one that is quirky and rather colourful, but I'm not sure if it would be easily done.

It should be possible with a cheat to allow more than the default floor number.

sethighestallowedlevel## (and the ## stands for the number of floors you'd like). Iirc neighborhood view only shows the lowest 19 floors though, so that may look ugly.
    Banner.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Depends on your idea of a tower. A rectangular footprint is much the same as any other house other than going up however many levels. Stairs will need the most planning as build mode is less flexible with their placement than RL. If you're thinking of an octagon, you will need the 45 degree angle cheat to help with object placement so to avoid wasted space. I suggest planning it out on paper level by level before you start building. Cuts down on the aggravation.
  • Metzfits84Metzfits84 Posts: 90 Member
    Depends on your idea of a tower. A rectangular footprint is much the same as any other house other than going up however many levels. Stairs will need the most planning as build mode is less flexible with their placement than RL. If you're thinking of an octagon, you will need the 45 degree angle cheat to help with object placement so to avoid wasted space. I suggest planning it out on paper level by level before you start building. Cuts down on the aggravation.

I built this over 5 hours; it's wacky though lol :D

I've uploaded it to the gallery - Mushroom Tower, or search for my EA ID: Metzfits1984

2mnej3p.jpg

nwiu13.jpg

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    But still nice, and the spots are definitely unique. You might need to fix that door though. The yard maze is a nice touch. If the plans survived might try one I did from Neverwinter Nights.
  • Metzfits84Metzfits84 Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2018
    But still nice, and the spots are definitely unique. You might need to fix that door though. The yard maze is a nice touch. If the plans survived might try one I did from Neverwinter Nights.

I have taken on the Super Sim Challenge; it's been over a week since I started. Her name is Jessica Starling and I built her a not so humble home. It's a castle using 4 towers. Not surprisingly it's named Starling Castle. I had to add a basement and an annex later on though. My beehives kept getting damaged and I couldn't work out why. Until I realised it was a heatwave, so now they are stored in the annex, hopefully they'll be fine now.

2wns8xk.jpg