Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow!
  • brittwillbrittwill Posts: 18 Member
    Looks great @Sbodine89! Especially love that cluttered garage! I always struggle with filling the garage space lol
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I tend to convert them. Last one had such a big garage it became a woodworking space, a painting studio, a gym, and a music room.
    image.png
  • brittwillbrittwill Posts: 18 Member
    @TresaofPern I usually do the same! The space changes depending on what traits/skills my Sims have
    brittwill wrote: »
    Looks great @Sbodine89! Especially love that cluttered garage! I always struggle with filling the garage space lol

Thank you! I struggle with filling any space when it comes to interiors! I tend to prefer building the outside, construction part of these challenges more than the actual interior design, I am trying to improve though!
    I tend to convert them. Last one had such a big garage it became a woodworking space, a painting studio, a gym, and a music room.

Those are great ideas! I never even thought of converting it! :D

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Sbodine89 wrote: »
    brittwill wrote: »

Thank you! I struggle with filling any space when it comes to interiors! I tend to prefer building the outside, construction part of these challenges more than the actual interior design, I am trying to improve though!

Those are great ideas! I never even thought of converting it! :D

:) I've had my struggles too. Don't like to have a lot of bare wall space, but I also don't think every inch needs something in it, so it's a matter of deciding what each room really needs and what works. My weak spot is landscaping, sometimes I just have no idea what to do or just don't feel like dealing with it by the time I get to that part.
    image.png
    I love the landscaping part! I always do the outside of my builds before I even touch the insides! And then by the time I get to the inside it seems so daunting! :D
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    @Sbodine89 the landscaping is the very part I hate the most, I'm just no good at it. I think your builds always looks so cozy on the inside!
    Thank you @kelleygirl! I think Interior and exterior designs are like completely different kinds of art forms, don't you think?
    @Sbodine89 you are correct, interior and exterior designs are two completely different art forms, neither of which I excel at LOL. However, I enjoy building houses, it helps me relax.

Here's my entry for the current house. I converted the garage into a den and added a small side deck. I downsized the second floor and used it for a nursery/bedroom for the baby; once the child has grown into a rebellious teenager, he/she will have their own floor to get up to all kinds of shenanigans in, complete with laundry room.

There is also a washer and dryer in the master bedroom; having a laundry room on every floor was a dream of mine when I was living in a two story and raising two stepkids.

The gallery has been wonky for me lately so I haven't uploaded the house yet, but I've not been getting very many downloads lately, so it probably wouldn't matter either way.

[img][/img]24xdt3r.jpg
    [img][/img]2eqa0km.jpg
    [img][/img]vjhwh.jpg
    [img][/img]15ysw34.jpg
    [img][/img]ao1a3a.jpg
    [img][/img]e5piis.jpg
    [img][/img]2qa2qh1.jpg

The kitchen/dining/living combo
    [img][/img]hvotx1.jpg
    [img][/img]1z64k0m.jpg
    [img][/img]2j2j5n7.jpg
    [img][/img]28vshkz.jpg

Den
    [img][/img]6z52ra.jpg
    [img][/img]2crvdhf.jpg

Master
    [img][/img]inelxv.jpg
    [img][/img]x5w415.jpg
    [img][/img]2uxu71h.jpg

Second floor
    [img][/img]2a0zs0.jpg
    [img][/img]2d8qt5s.jpg
    [img][/img]2empe28.jpg

I was going for a cozy feel on this house but I didn't really get it. I think it's because in my own home, I don't have a lot of clutter and my counter tops are mostly blank, so it's hard for me to achieve that lived-in look when I don't even have that here LOL. Thanks so much for choosing the house plan, hope we do another one soon, and still hoping strongbumblebee is okay too!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Kelleygirl Your build is very cute! I like the aesthetic, it is SIMs logical vs people logical. They don’t need all that clutter and I really don’t like it in my own life either. I want to wash the counter not move a bunch of stuff and then wash the counter. I think you did a nice job of colour instead of clutter and ended up with a pretty build.
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    @Sbodine89 you are correct, interior and exterior designs are two completely different art forms, neither of which I excel at LOL. However, I enjoy building houses, it helps me relax.

Me too! I feel like house building and filling is like virtual doll houses, I always wanted a doll house when I was younger and now I have as many as I could possibly imagine!

I love your house! it looks very sleek and the color scheme is very elegant!
    I was going for a cozy feel on this house but I didn't really get it. I think it's because in my own home, I don't have a lot of clutter and my counter tops are mostly blank, so it's hard for me to achieve that lived-in look when I don't even have that here LOL. Thanks so much for choosing the house plan, hope we do another one soon, and still hoping strongbumblebee is okay too!

I have the opposite problem with my house, there is too much clutter here! But mostly because my house is really a studio apartment >_< haha! And I can look for another one to post, probably tomorrow. I hope she is ok too, sometimes life gets too busy for forums like these I suppose.

Me too! I feel like building and filling houses on the Sims is like virtual doll houses, I always wanted a doll house when I was a kid, and now I can have as many as I can possibly imagine!

I love your house! it looks so sleek and the color scheme is so elegant! I have the opposite problem in the house I live in, it has too much clutter! But, that's probably because my house is actually a studio apartment >_< haha! I can find another floorplan to post probably tomorrow, and I also hope she is ok, sometimes life gets too busy for forums like this I suppose.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    The exterior design of your home is very nice! @Kelleygirl :) The flower box windows add a nice touch to the home, and the flowers in the outdoors areas and on the edges of the home look very pretty! Very nice armchairs sitting area for Sims to relax under the shade of the tree. Very nice outdoors dining patio for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. Kids would have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The windows dining nook is great! Sims will enjoy eating their meals there with sunlight coming in through the windows. The hat and coat shelf is a homely touch near the door. It is great that there is an island bar stool counter in the kitchen. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting and chatting area. The candles and flowers are a nice touch on the coffee table. Very nice den room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating there watching tv together or reading a book, or enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. Very nice design of the bedrooms. The colour schemes look very calming and restful. The teddy and giraffe are very cute in the kids play area! The kids will have fun playing with toys from the chest or enjoy reading a book whilst sitting on the cute animal themed chair.
    It is a very nice home :)
    edited September 2018
    @xamira99 I love Blue Wall House! Your builds are always so good, I especially love the interior colors on this one.

@JojoMOMSTER thank you so much. I wanted to use some pink but not let it be overwhelming, so I think that part turned out okay. :) Of course, I sometimes let white take over my builds; I'm saving up in real life to redo my kitchen cabinets in white because I think it looks so clean. My sister says it will make her feel like we are cooking in an operating room, lol.

@Sbodine89 when I was a kid, my parents spent a lot of time looking at house plan magazines in search of the perfect plan for us. I would look at those plans for hours, imagining families in them and what kind of lives they might lead. My main hobby is writing, but building Sim houses is like bringing those plans to life. The decorating and landscaping I'm not so great at but while I'm building, my imagination runs wild with the possibilities of what life will be like after I've finished construction. It's like I spent my whole childhood planning to build Sim houses one day LOL.

@rosemow as always, thank you so much for your detailed review. It's always so nice that you notice so many of the details. :)

ETA: @Sbodine89 I meant to add in that I love the clutter in the garage of your house; I might be all about keeping stuff off the counters and walls but my own real life clutter is stacked in boxes in my garage. :D
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Kelleygirl :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Sorry this took me so long to get to! I've been busy with work and my birthday, but I finally uploaded it to the gallery and got some last minute screen shots! :)

Entry Form
    House Name: Decorated Cozy Cottage
    Total Cost Furnished: $92,540
    Lot Size: 30 x 20
    Origin ID: HEW310
    Gallery name of Lot: Decorated Cozy Cottage
    (helpful, but not required) Link to CC included: None used, but MOO is used
    Photos:
    tdcryeE.jpg
    6p5tkUa.jpg
    WpWPyXw.jpg
    4nLlZ93.jpg
    1hC6GfC.jpg
    jBirhc6.jpg
    HP4G4j9.jpg
    ddSqsfE.jpg
    bjdXn7g.jpg
    SJ2YUA0.jpg
    GGtsVoa.jpg
    6NMGcVh.jpg
    7eC9lrG.jpg
    RUdzs3m.jpg
    nSp3uCO.jpg
    RIKwg1U.jpg
    cBqNBo2.jpg
    auOy4f9.jpg

I also made the newlyweds - Gavin and Hollie McKee :)
    Key to My Heart
    EqcqvR7.jpg
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited October 2018
    Happy Birthday! @HEW310 :) The exterior design of Cozy Decorated Cottage is very nice! It is a very special touch that it is decorated for Love Day <3 The pink lights and heart banners look very pretty on the roofing and porch fencing! Very nice seat bench sitting area on the porch for the Sims to sit and rest in the outdoors air. The flower and plant are nice touches either sides of the bench. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The cream and white colour scheme of the kitchen, dining and living room areas looks very nice. Very nice kitchen nook. It looks nice how the cabinets have been placed on the wall, and the wall patterning looks very nice. The island bar stool counter is great for Sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The fruit bowl on the dining table , grandfather clock, wall calendar and the type of dining chairs used looks homely. Very nice windows sofa seat sitting nook! The design of the living room area looks very nice. It looks very nice how the sofa and armchairs have been placed there, for Sims to enjoy watching tv together. Very nice upper level play and study area for kids! They will have fun playing with toys from the toy chest or doing artwork on the activities table, and enjoy using the computer at the study desk table or reading a book. The toys are great touches on the shelving in the activities table nook, and the heart teddy there is cute! The kids wall art is great! It is nice that there is a laundry in the home. Very nice furnishing of the nursery and master bedroom! Nice comfortable seats sitting areas in the bedrooms. The dog and the giraffe in the nursery look cute! The hot air balloons are a nice touch on the wall and the sunflowers look sunny. The parents will enjoy reading stories there to their children. Nice outdoors dining area for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating them on the picnic table.
    It is a very nice cottage home! :)
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Happy Birthday! @HEW310 :) The exterior design of Cozy Decorated Cottage is very nice! It is a very special touch that it is decorated for Love Day <3 It is a very nice cottage home! :)

Thank you so much @rosemow for your lovely comments! They always make my day :blush:
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    > @Rostri-Jodu said:
    > Shell complete!
    >
    >
    >
    > Although, I may end up changing out some of the windows. The ones on the front feel a little heavy, while the ones along the backside feel a bit sparse. I was making every effort to stick to the placement of the windows on the plan, but I may have to add a few more, just to balance things out. We'll see.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ro

That looks beautiful! Great job!
    [quote="Sbodine89;c-16735484"]I hope it's ok but I really wanted to do another floorplan build.

The clients want a cozy cottage style home, They are a Newlywed couple with a baby on the way and would like a nursery set up gender neutral, as they want the sex of their baby to be a surprise!

Don't forget the landscaping and have fun! There is no due date for this challenge because it is just for fun :smiley: I can't wait to see what you all do with this challenge![/quote]

Thank you for adding this! I just found this thread today and would love to try this. I often design my sims houses out of one of the many house plan books I have. From what I've seen here you are all so creative!! I look forward to seeing more.
    edited October 2018
    This is my first time trying to post pictures, so I hope I got the link stuff right. I am just learning how to do all the fun things with the sims 4 so this may not be a super awesome house, but I had a lot of fun with it.

House Name: Newlywed Cozy Cottage
    Total Cost Furnished: $150,435.00
    Lot Size: 30 x 20
    Origin ID: AliciaMaryAnneGallery name of Lot: Newlywed Cozy Cottage
    Imgur Link: https://imgur.com/a/NjBKX1P
    Photos: VispoCn.png
    3ADHn3m.png
    wTJyTXu.png
    JrByydj.png
    Ue5wBce.png
    3ZAYsPf.png
    ZSp3kgj.png