Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Personally, I feel that the poll is quite skewed.
    It needed more options, or better clarification in the thread title.

Many who have said 'No' would actually buy the game, but not immediately, meaning that their real answer is 'Yes' they would buy Sims 5.

The thread title does not fit with the questions. It should be 'Would you buy Sims 5 as soon as it is released?' because that is what the poll is trying to ask.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    No.
    No way I would pay for 5!! Now if they "lol" took the Sims 4 graphics and put it in Sims 3 I would buy it.
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    See, this is the thing, I asked "Would you buy Sims 5 without reviews," but what I also meant was "just on the premise it's Sims 5?" And a lot of the people who say yes, actually tack 'if' onto the end, which actually means they should have answerd 'no'.

Like, I might buy Sims 5. But not until I knew it was worth it.

To be fair, some of the no answers had tacks at the end of their statements, too ... like unless it has this and that.

Do you think it possible EA would release a game without any information on what it contains? Without mentioning any features? I don't think your restrictions in this poll would ever happen. There would be official information out about the game, I'm pretty sure.

Would I purchase without proper reviews, yes. Would I purchase without any indication of what is in the game? No.

If the restrictions are that everyone must be 100 percent blind as to what they are purchasing, then I believe that 99 percent of answers for any game (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and even other game franchise I don't know because I don't play) would be a "no."

What was your purpose behind this poll?

I get why @Loanet asked the question, at least in my Sims experience (and I'm sure plenty of others). In previous iterations of the Sims, I jumped on packs for the Sims experience without hesitation. No reviews, didn't need a teaser (although they were great), didn't need to watch gameplay, didn't need any of that, my mind was made up. Even took a whole vacation day on the release date of a new pack. It was always worth it, never disappointed me. At least in Sims 1 & 2, then things slowed down for me for Sims 3 because of the aesthetics and the bugginess of the game. Those were some of the most unpleasing to the eye Sims I'd ever seen and definitely NOT worth the bugs. So I stopped playing.
    Then Sims 4 came out and it was beautiful aesthetically and ran better. I got super excited! Then the gameplay started and I realized how much of the Sims experience was missing. I used to be a die hard Sims player and now I have to watch let's plays on YouTube to be inspired to play my own game because it gets so boring sometimes. Welp, learned my lesson.
    I absolutely will not buy Sims 5 straight away, period. But that's me. And if anyone would buy them without reviews, then hey have fun with that. But some that are saying yes actually wouldn't buy it straight away either since they said AFTER they've seen reviews. Now would I buy it later? Maybe, after watching the let's plays of at least 4 YouTubers and after a few packs have been added. I'd consider it then.
    But that’s exactly the point why I don’t really understand this poll. Because the OP openly doesn’t want a Sims 5 and now asks the community if they’d buy such a successor. Blindly. Why blindly? You bought everything for Sims 1 and 2 blindly, I bought everything for Sims 3 blindly, because you see, everything you write about that is your personal perception. I love Sims 3’s aesthetics and my own sims in the game, better than I like the looks of Sims 4. But more importantly: I loved playing that game. So whatever they added, I purchased blindly because I knew that no matter what, it would be a valuable addition to my game.

So we can conclude that only happy campers buy blindly. And who are the happy campers right now? The people who love Sims 4 the way you loved 1 and 2 and the way I loved 3. Those simmers however declare they don’t want a Sims 5, they want Sims 4 to continue another 15 years. And simmers who do want a Sims 5 will definitely not buy blindly, because they’ve been disappointed about the new direction of this franchise.

So I must confess I’m a bit in the dark what exactly the purpose of this poll is and what exactly the outcome reveals. Nothing really.

Well based on all of our responses, we've each been in the same situation with different iterations. I liked what I liked and gladly bought it blindly, but that was just me, like I said. But I think the purpose was just curiousity like most of the polls in the forum. I mean are there any polls in the community that are for scientific research? Probably not, just pure curiosity I'm assuming. Also the question asked if people would buy without reviews, which I think was the main point since the OP reiterated.
    Again, the point here is that only fully satisfied players will buy blindly, but apparently they don’t want a successor. And the ones who do, won’t buy blindly because the past or current choices made them sceptical. My confusion is exactly that, what exactly was the OP curious for? And did the result of the poll satisfy that curiosity? In what way?

Well maybe the OP will let you know to cure your curiosity about the poll. I can only offer my opinion. And not to be a smarty pants but why participate in a poll you don't understand in the first place? Goodnight.
    Sorry, I wasn’t looking for a fight :/ I’m hardly the only one here who participated but added that they’d of course have to know what that Sims 5 would be like first. The not understanding came later when the OP showed up to tell us off because we were doing it all wrong.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2018
    No.
    The question as it stands is, "If you saw Sims 5 on the shelves/the Origin store, would you buy it straight away?" I really don't think there's a 'maybe' to it. Like "If there was a cola in the fridge, would you crack it open straight away?" Are you so confident in Sims 5's future quality, that you will snatch it right off the shelf?

Sometimes we just would like a yes/no answer.

And I'm not saying you're all doing it wrong. You're certainly not all doing it wrong - even a lot of the Yes people are doing just great - and in any case it's an opinion. Kind of tough to grab a hammer and gavel there and then force you to buy it because you said you might or might not. And who am I? A member.

If anybody's done something incorrect in the circumstances, I blame myself for not making the question clear enough (it is kind of easy to just scan past the qualifier straight to the poll). But I can't edit my first post, and you guys can't edit your polls.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    The question as it stands is, "If you saw Sims 5 on the shelves/the Origin store, would you buy it straight away?" I really don't think there's a 'maybe' to it. Like "If there was a cola in the fridge, would you crack it open straight away?" Are you so eager for Sims 5, so confident in its future quality, that you will snatch it right off the shelf?

Sometimes we just would like a yes/no answer.

And I'm not saying you're all doing it wrong. You're certainly not all doing it wrong and in any case it's an opinion. Kind of tough to grab a hammer and gavel there and then force you to buy it because you said you might.

If anybody's done something wrong in the circumstances, I blame myself for not making the question clear enough (it is kind of easy to just scan past the qualifier straight to the poll). But I can't edit my first post, and you guys can't edit your polls.
    Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate that. (by doing it wrong I was referring to your comment “if the answer is "I'll think about it" then the answer is in fact "No"; my answer is “I’d need more information, I’ll have to think about it” but I still voted yes, which implies that’s a wrong answer then)

As for your comparison: I know what a Coke tastes like so yes, I’d crack it open blindly to drink it. And if they’d change the recipe I’d crack it open out of curiosity. But a Coke won’t cost me €60.

P.s. I don’t think your questioning was unclear by the way, you literally asked “The specific qualifier is 'straightaway'” and I don’t see any editing. We all just went for our first emotion (YES, Sims 5!) and added a restriction in the comments. Maybe simmers like me indeed should have left the poll alone for this reason.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Yes.
    I guess it depends on what it would look like. I'm fine with Sims 4 for now so maybe I wouldn't buy Sims 5 immediately. I'd rather wait for some packs to come out so there would be more content.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes.
    February11 wrote: »
    Yes, but I don't know how I'd juggle playing it between 3 and 4. I already have trouble juggling those two.

I am juggling with TS2/TS3/TS4 Lol.

would juggle even more with the sims 5, and love it B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Like "If there was a cola in the fridge, would you crack it open straight away?"
    There's cola, and then there's cola.
    coke? No
    Pepsi? No.
    Bickfords? I'd save it for later, I'm not a cola guzzler, I drink it sparingly.
    Now, if you were asking if I'd drink a bundaberg gingerbeer, I'd have it for my next treat, maybe even instead of desert.
    I haven't had any sort of soft drink in my fridge for weeks, I'd rather spend the money I have on better things.

I treat games the in a similar way. I don't have a lot of money, so I won't buy a game because it's new. I'll wait. I'll read about it, I'll wait longer, for a sale, and only buy it if it seems really interesting. Without additional packs, the ts4 basegame is quite boring compared to previous basegames. So the added advantage of waiting is that you can have a nice little binge when there is a sale. Wait long enough, and some of the early packs will be on sale too, and you can get more for limited funds.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Yes.
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Thank you for answering my question @Elegantblkchina1

I wasn't sure if she was just curious about how others felt or if there was another reason.

I understand your hesitancy. I would purchase base game just to see for myself. Later expansions I would not purchase if I didn't like what I saw in the base game.

To tell you truth, I'd love to be in the mindset to buy it right away, but EA has done us dirty on Sims 4 and I just can't. I just can't 😔

I can't argue with that.

the sims 4 does have some awesome updates, but compared to the past base games and packs. there just not enough to rid of the boredom once I've played the packs a few days.

I don't blame you.

Yes.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Personally, I feel that the poll is quite skewed.
    It needed more options, or better clarification in the thread title.

Many who have said 'No' would actually buy the game, but not immediately, meaning that their real answer is 'Yes' they would buy Sims 5.

The thread title does not fit with the questions. It should be 'Would you buy Sims 5 as soon as it is released?' because that is what the poll is trying to ask.

I agree it did need more options.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No.
    I'm not really sure of the point of the poll either. I see it more as trying to poll a gut reaction.. but it doesn't apply to me for reasons of dislike of the thought of a Sims 5. I may not need the game at that time and would just once like to buy the series on sale if at all possible.. because that would make me feel great. Course there is a possibility I wouldn't like it. I didn't like 3 just as many haven't liked 4. Only actually playing the base game will tell me if I will like the direction they are going in. For me it's not about confidence in EA at all. I'm very aware they might not cater to my play style, likes and wants in the next iteration.. confidence plays no part for me because they really don't have to cater to what I like. I'm the consumer if they don't cater to me I don't buy (past the base game). I'd rather continue to play games I like during that time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No.
    I've still got so much in Sims 4 that I haven't done, and I enjoy the game, and it works well for me on my computer. I have no incentive to start a Sims 5 from scratch; I could happily wait till it's a ways in, assuming it appeals to me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yes.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Like "If there was a cola in the fridge, would you crack it open straight away?"

I would crack it open straight away if its coca cola.

JD&C :)

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes.
    I've been playing since the first sims so I get too curious to see what it looks like and how it plays.
  • Jakester4x4Jakester4x4 Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    At this point after growing up with the Sims franchise since I was literally crawling (I'm 18 now) I feel like I'd buy the Sims 5 base game to experience the different mechanics and then I'd play 4 still until more packs come out for it... I've already bought every game and expansion over the years so there's no point stopping now 😂😂✌️
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Yes.
    YES! I hope its Epic
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Yes.
    Depends on if I like what I see so can't say for now.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    No.
    i would not buy it immediately.

waiting awhile has a few advantages which have been previously mentioned:

1. find out how others, who immediately bought the game, feel about their game play experience.
    2. give the developers time to work out the bugs which are inevitable whenever something new comes out.
    3. be able to buy it on sale.

having said that, i would most likely eventually buy TS5 as i have owned the previous 4. the only reason i wouldn't buy TS5 is if there was a lot of negative feedback on the forum from dedicated simmers who really love the sims.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes.
    I'll say "yes" simply because I would want to check in out. I was a devout TS3 player and completely on the fence in regards to TS4. I decided to "bite the bullet" and purchase it and much to my surprise I thoroughly enjoyed it even if it wasn't as complete and fleshed out as TS3 is besides also being aesthetically different.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2018
    No.
    No. I've pre-ordered both sims 3 and sims 4, and the sims 4 basegame was the emptiest most underwhelming basegame so far. Not saying they'll repeat that with sims 5 but I'll just fear they'll be pressured and rushed again and won't add all the basegame stuff that should be in a basegame and I don't want to support that by throwing my money at EA the moment you can pre-order it.

I'll probably wait around to see some reviews about it, some streamers on Twitch playa round with it and go from there.

I also have no idea what artstyle they want to go with, I kind of suspect them to go the realistic route instead of the cartoony route which would be a huge deal breaker for me.

I don't want Sims to look like GTA for example.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    Gelysen wrote: »
    No. I've pre-ordered both sims 3 and sims 4, and the sims 4 basegame was the emptiest most underwhelming basegame so far. Not saying they'll repeat that with sims 5 but I'll just fear they'll be pressured and rushed again and won't add all the basegame stuff that should be in a basegame and I don't want to support that by throwing my money at EA the moment you can pre-order it.

I'll probably wait around to see some reviews about it, some streamers on Twitch playa round with it and go from there.

I also have no idea what artstyle they want to go with, I kind of suspect them to go the realistic route instead of the cartoony route which would be a huge deal breaker for me.

I don't want Sims to look like GTA for example.

I would love it to look more like GTA, myself. Or at least a cross between that and computer generated Sims. I am not really a cartoon kind of person - so yes I would prefer more realistic, less cartoony.

I actually like Sims 3 views in the Sims games much more than Sims 4 views because Sims 3 looks real - sims 4 looks like a Pixar cartoon. I mean to this day - since the first day I saw it - when ever I am in the desert world - I find myself expecting Road Runner and Wiley O Coyote to come running across my screen. Because of that I have a difficult time playing the game using that particular world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    No.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I would love it to look more like GTA, myself. Or at least a cross between that and computer generated Sims. I am not really a cartoon kind of person - so yes I would prefer more realistic, less cartoony.

I actually like Sims 3 views in the Sims games much more than Sims 4 views because Sims 3 looks real - sims 4 looks like a Pixar cartoon. I mean to this day - since the first day I saw it - when ever I am in the desert world - I find myself expecting Road Runner and Wiley O Coyote to come running across my screen. Because of that I have a difficult time playing the game using that particular world.

I also prefer realistic looking sims.

I also prefer the sims 3 camera as well. took me awhile to get used to the sims 4 camera. although i'm used to the sims 4 camera now, i still would much prefer the sims 3 camera system.
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Yes.
    Probably but I would love for Open World to be back but they would need to focus on optimisation as it was awful in TS3! I'd also like them to focus on fixing bugs/glitches when releasing new content as they were always releasing stuff in TS3 but rarely took the time to fix the problems that came with it!
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    No.
    I have learned from sims 4 that I should wait a few years until they complete the game so no nit at first but later on yes
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    No.
    Really when sims 5 is released and it looks not good im generous giving them time to improve the game. but I wont be generous with money again.