Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the job you use most in TS4?

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Mostly Astronaut but I am just now getting into the active careers which I have avoided for a long time, I am loving the science career right now so I might be doing that one a lot more.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Astronaut, culinary, scientist, medical and detective. I also have a few who write or paint at home with no "job".

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I play both branches of scientist equally.
    ???
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Entertainer and Culinary.
  • gingergirl_tgingergirl_t Posts: 60 Member
    Painter and Writer, followed by Business. It depends on the sim -- creative sims get the creative jobs, otherwise they go into Business by default (sometimes Tech Guru or Athletics). I have quite a few sims that garden for a living, as well.

I did Culinary all the time in Sims 3, but the mixology component annoys me too much in Sims 4 -- you have to get several levels of skill even if you're not going into the Mixologist branch and have no desire to have cocktail glasses covering your lot. :wink:
    It has begun again. http://gingergen.wordpress.com
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Updated until here.

Thanks for your answers. Keep them coming!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'd say business career and culinary.

Although I prefer to make an actual business than being in a career in the sims.

The careers I never use are Secret Agent and Astronaut.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited October 2018
    Updated until this post. Please keep your answers coming. Thanks in advance.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Astronaut and scientist are my favorites. I also played social media because it has the work from home option. I wish this were possible for all careers.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Business because it can be anything and you can't have a neighborhood full of astronauts. Plus, you can "pretend" that a business sim is anything from an insurance salesman to bank manager. I do wish I could change Business to whatever I wanted so it would appear as if there was a larger variety of Business jobs.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Scientist
    I haven't played enough sims to even try all the careers available, but I've done the Scientist career twice. I like the active careers and wish there were more.
    If being unemployed counts though, I definitely have done this the most!
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Start Up Entrepreneur Career, maxing the career, is best for my long life Sims. Gives them lots of free time to paint or write. Its always on my Renaissance Sim Aspiration.
  • monthetiffmonthetiff Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd love psychology and law. I like more realistic jobs than what TS4 has to offer.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Strangely I play often the astronaut.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Doctor. Although, my Sims normally will "work" alone... :D

The colleagues? They just enjoy chit chatting with the patients, in the lab analysing stuffs or just sit at the receptionist desk playing games/social media (just my assumption ;) ). I'm quite surprise that the hospital manage to run, although we turn away a lot of patients... :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

My sims do a bit of everything but the career I seem to have a lot of my sims in are criminal and science. I also give sims jobs then at the end of the shift use the "money x" cheat to add funds to their acct. Such as, two of my sims goes to the Elderly Home to clean, cook and socialize with the elderly. Oh and take them out to eat, the park, museum and etc.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Writer is my top career choice. Then musician and artist or tech guru/hacker.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Business

Simply because it's the career most people will fall into. By that I mean, for example, only the few become successful writers and painters, like in real life.

I have a list somewhere that a fellow simmer created that matches traits to careers and use that.
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    I use the Painter career the most. I love having sims who do painting. Its probably my favourite skill in TS4. It was one of my least favourites in TS3 because of how long it takes to paint something!

I'm really excited for the sketch pad that is coming in the next patch! :)
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited October 2018
    Writer!

I love the creative jobs. Although I'd like to see Teacher added at some point, or Mechanical or Engineering jobs :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • lynxchildlynxchild Posts: 15 Member
    Writer, for me. Next would be Detective, except I haven't played it recently because of how many bugs I ran into.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I try to use them all, but probably use culinary the most. Almost any sim can do it, even if they're not particularly interested in cooking.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've used the Painter career pretty consistently since I started playing TS4, though lately I've been using the Criminal career a lot.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Nerdosaurus16Nerdosaurus16 Posts: 19 Member
    I think the one I've used the most is the Business career...but I quite enjoy the politician and social media career!
    Updated until this post. Thank you very much for your answers. It's interesting to see how other players play the game.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    Doctor - This was my go-to career since I first got the game (I got the game when GTW was released) I have recently been trying to branch out to different careers. I don't always want to fall back on this career I really want to try all of them out in this new save I have now.

ETA: My sim is actually in the Culinary career right now lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top