Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• PurpleGirlSimPurpleGirlSim Posts: 2 New Member
    I was able to get a copy of the Ultimate Collection about a year after the promotion ended. I contacted Customer Support and whined a lot about how I had missed the promotion because I was on vacation and I had only just decided it was possible to receive it by contacting them. While they did not ask me to prove I had owned the Sims 2, because I was logged into Origin and I had provided them my username, they were able to see I owned every expansion pack and stuff pack from the Sims 3, and that had owned the games since 2011. They took pity on me and gave me an access code. I've had Ultimate Collection since. Your best bet is to contact Customer Support, and if you're an avid Sims fan, they might appreciate it enough to give you a code.
  • manugar0manugar0 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just got the ultimate collection! I told them the truth, that I have 3 of the Sims 2 games but I'm not able to install them because my new computer doesn't have a CD drive, so he asked me for a picture of the games and my origin account email and he added the collection just like that! I honestly wasn't expecting the ultimate collection (I never asked for that one, just the three expansions I showed him a picture of) but that's what I got! Yay!
  • MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    I recently got the TS2 Ultimate Collection, I contacted EA Support and told them my DVD player was broken and I tried registering the code on Origin but it was used. The person was really kind and helpful so she added the Ultimate Collection into my Origin account.
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • HOTTSTUF21HOTTSTUF21 Posts: 8 New Member
    yes i really need some help with a problem i am having with the sims 2 ultimate collection i need a suggestion on how to fix it i am having a bad glitch where when i am in build mode when i am decorating a house or building one the house and floor disappears is there anyone out there that can help me fix this problem i tried cc cleaner and it wont let me clean all my cache in origin what can i do to fix this it makes me so :( that it will not fix it thanks
  • sonneeaasonneeaa Posts: 2 New Member
    i tried, and they said, "Oh my! I'd love to grant the game for free to you. However there isn't any promotion running for the Sims 2 game in order to grant the game for you. :)"
    poor me..
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @sonneeaa wrote: »
    i tried, and they said, "Oh my! I'd love to grant the game for free to you. However there isn't any promotion running for the Sims 2 game in order to grant the game for you. :)"
    poor me..

Try again. :cookie:
  • sonneeaasonneeaa Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Try again. :cookie:

is it really available?? :(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @sonneeaa wrote: »
    > @Rflong7 said:

is it really available?? :(

It's only a code they attach to your Origin account. It's still available. Some had luck asking for it on Twitter or Facebook or something. I'd call and chat and ask. It doesn't hurt being told no- it just gives you a change to try again. :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m interested in trying TS2. Is it possible to get the Ultimate Collection on Origin if you never owned the original TS2 game? I’d pay of course. My computer doesn’t have a CD drive, which is why I’m asking. Otherwise I’d look on eBay for a hard copy.
  • Lkall2556Lkall2556 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="MaggieMarley;c-16706174"]I’m interested in trying TS2. Is it possible to get the Ultimate Collection on Origin if you never owned the original TS2 game? I’d pay of course. My computer doesn’t have a CD drive, which is why I’m asking. Otherwise I’d look on eBay for a hard copy.[/quote]

About an hour ago I tried to get the sims 2 so I contacted EA help I had to show proof that I’ve owned the sims 2 before so a picture of the disk and the code and a piece of paper with my name the date and my case number for proof and they just gave me the ultimate collection!
  • Lkall2556Lkall2556 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="sonneeaa;c-16693112"]> @Rflong7 said:

is it really available?? :( [/quote]

Just tried today and they gave me the ultimate collection I’m stoked
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Lkall2556 wrote: »
    I’m interested in trying TS2. Is it possible to get the Ultimate Collection on Origin if you never owned the original TS2 game? I’d pay of course. My computer doesn’t have a CD drive, which is why I’m asking. Otherwise I’d look on eBay for a hard copy.

About an hour ago I tried to get the sims 2 so I contacted EA help I had to show proof that I’ve owned the sims 2 before so a picture of the disk and the code and a piece of paper with my name the date and my case number for proof and they just gave me the ultimate collection!
    That’s great! Unfortunately I couldn’t do that because I never owned TS2. But, I did manage to buy The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on eBay! Someone is selling origin accounts which come with TS2 UC for only £14.99. So, I finally get to try it. Really excited - it’s downloading on my computer now :D
  • eligamer29eligamer29 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just wanted to put my story in there as well! I tried asking EA support a couple times this morning to see if they would give me TS2: UC for free, but they both told me that I needed to provide proof of purchase in order for them to grant me the game. This was fine as I understand completely that they can't necessarily just give it to me for nothing, especially since the promotion is over. Anyway, I checked around at a few local thrift stores to see if they had anything related to TS2 that I could submit to support. Luckily, the last store I checked had a random Sims 2 expansion pack. I was a little bit worried because the activation code was not in the case, but when I talked to the EA support person, they only asked for a picture of the disc, and a paper with my name, today's date, and my case number. So it worked out! Once he verified the photo, he put the Ultimate Collection into my Origin Library!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So I could still do this if I wanted? I have sims 2 disks and copies still around. Seems like a few are having luck getting it even still. I’d love love love to have the sims 2 again. I miss that series.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    So I could still do this if I wanted? I have sims 2 disks and copies still around. Seems like a few are having luck getting it even still. I’d love love love to have the sims 2 again. I miss that series.

Yup, if you have a disk, you are pretty much sure to get it. You just need to contact EA with the instuctions in the first post. People without disks still get it, but it is hit or miss depending on the Rep you get.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Does this version of UC contain that Securom people were talking about way back when? I never bought some of the later expansions because of it, though I do have most of the original TS2 discs left.
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    Does this version of UC contain that Securom people were talking about way back when? I never bought some of the later expansions because of it, though I do have most of the original TS2 discs left.

The UC no longer contains Securom. They patched it out about a year or so ago.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I still have all of my cds of Sims 2. I just need to remember where I put them. LOL so, I have all of the codes. I guess I can go ahead and install all of them again??? They are already registered. THEN contact EA about making it compatible with Windows 10???

I just realized I have windows 7 on my pc. So I shouldn't have a problem re-installing everything; right??
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just realized I have windows 7 on my pc. So I shouldn't have a problem re-installing everything; right??

Yes, you shouldn't (I think...).

No you shouldn't. If you are going to install the disks rather then asking for the UC, don't forget to patch your game. Patches are available at MTS.
  • KiketasuKiketasu Posts: 5 New Member
    Still working on 2018 :)
    JULES1111 wrote: »

No you shouldn't. If you are going to install the disks rather then asking for the UC, don't forget to patch your game. Patches are available at MTS.

I installed sims 2 yesterday. I'm excited to play this one again.
    JULES1111 wrote: »

I installed sims 2 yesterday. I'm excited to play this one again.

Awesome! I hope you have fun! :)
  • ausfordausford Posts: 1 New Member
    i have just contacted ea help beacause i have the sims 2 sneak peek