Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• HollaBecHollaBec Posts: 4 New Member
    > @HollaBec said:
    > Hi, I'm having an issue with the World Adventures expansion. When I visit a lot, it doesnt register that my sim is on the lot until I go to map view and click "visit xx" even when my sim is already on said lot.
    >
    > This is minor and I wouldn't usually mind- but its messing with some of my adventures such as the pilgrim walk. When I have to visit a location for a quest, it doesn't register at all and I can't continue the chain of opportunities.
    >
    > Thanks for your help <3

Just wanted to clarify & add on- for quests it doesn't register at all, no matter how long I wait there, how many times I click, and even if I use the resetsim cheat. I've returned home, closed and reopened the game, and returned to China. Still won't let me continue and complete my relic collection.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    @HollaBec - This may not be of any help, but are you routinely clearing (deleting) the five top level cache files in your TS3 user game folder in Documents in between game sessions?

Does this problem with the lot arrivals not registering happen in all of the WA worlds or just Shang Simla? In any of your saved games (what about a newly generated one from scratch) or just this one?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HollaBecHollaBec Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks for your help, I cleared the cache and restarted and it worked!!

I'm back with another problem though- I can't seem to have any sort of kids or new sims in my game. Any method I try from growing a plant sim to adoption. The "kid" produces a little green box but no photo inside of it and the physical sim never appears. The sim is not selectable and doesn't appear to be invisible- just not there in the first place.

I've cleared my cache, evicted and returned the family, used resetsim, left the game, etc. and nothing works. When I restart the baby shows up in the family photo on my main menu, but when I open the game its completely gone- no icon box or anything. When I go through cheats and edit town nothing happens, same deal as the start. Adoption workers will stand outside my house for weeks on end waiting to deliver the baby. Doesn't matter if its a baby, toddler, child, or cloned adult. Any form of new sim doesn't come.

I have no CC, no mods, nothing downloaded (to my knowledge) that would affect the kids coming out right.

I couldn't find anything like this, wondering if you all know a solution I'm missing.
    @HollaBec - What you are now describing sounds like a corrupt game save. Can you start a new test game or load up a different one that does not have these issues?

I am afraid there is no solution for game corruption other than reverting gameplay to an older save earlier in the timeline from before the issues started, if you have such a save available, or abandoning that one and starting over.

There are never any guarantees, but should you become open to the idea of using mods in the future, NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and a few others work very hard to help prevent this from happening.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • BowladyBowlady Posts: 4 New Member
    I haven't been playing Sims 3 for very long, but here is my question. I am moving my adults out and into smaller places once the teenagers become adults and get married and start having children. Is there a way I can switch between the extended family and play them all at different times or am I stuck with just the current family members that are in my main house? Thank you
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Bowlady You can of course switch among households within the same save game whenever you want. If you're going to do this, though, you'll probably want to use mods to make sure the game maintains your inactive households in a state that you find acceptable. Without mods, the game will feel free to mess with your inactive sims in all kinds of ways, breaking up relationships, moving houses, switching jobs, even potentially shipping some of them out of town entirely.

With NRaas mods, specifically StoryProgression, you can create settings that protect your own sims from certain kinds of changes while you're not playing them. Some people find that establishing protected "castes" is a bit more complicated than they bargained for, but if you're interested, other players (especially igazor; see above) can help walk you through the process. The settings you'd want would depend on how you'd like things to play out for sims that are currently inactive.

I'd link the mods and descriptions of sample settings for rotational play, but NRaas has just moved to a new website, and not all of the links work yet. Everything should be operational in a few days, though.
    edited October 2018
    I think @Bowlady might need instructions on how to switch actively played households "the EA way" before we jump into StoryProgression mods and their benefits. That would be through Edit Town off of the built-in "..." options menu in the lower left corner after the game loads up completely, it's only with mods that we can switch actives without retreating there first. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • BIBHBIBH Posts: 20 Member
    Hello ! i assume its not possible to be in love two cousins sims... do you know if i can save these two sims and place them in my town not as relatives?
    BIBH wrote: »
    Hello ! i assume its not possible to be in love two cousins sims... do you know if i can save these two sims and place them in my town not as relatives?
    First cousins are regarded as close blood relations and romance between them is blocked. First cousins once removed, and second cousins, etc. are not and there are no blocks on those.

A mod that we cannot discuss here would be required to lift the close blood relations block. Or NRaas MasterController could be used to remove/change the family ties.

Without mods, yes you could replace the sims with copies of themselves individually or place such copies into a new world without copying the family tree ties.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • BIBHBIBH Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you very much !
  • INDIABOLINDIABOL Posts: 39 Member
    I’m currently looking at a laptop that can be used for all of the Sims series — mostly the Sims 3 though. I know that finding a good choice for this game that I will be able to play the others and potentially other games as well.

I have all the expansion packs and no stuff packs as mentioned before. :)

h.t.t.p.s://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/?coliid=I2KOA69FFOCSUW&colid=1MGIY0I45DRM9&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
    I cannot add onto my reply or edit, so I am adding this in.

I read into the laptop some more and realized that the SSD would give me more issues considering I would have to buy a HDD to even have more storage, so I’m not sure now. I don’t want to buy add-on I did that with my last computer. Wish I would’ve saved that now that I know.

Anyway, my budget is 1000 to 1100, maybe 1200 but that’s pretty much it (college student :expressionless: ). I just want to be able to run the game and enjoy it. I’m not a hardcore gamer if that matters.
    @INDIABOL - You don't really need an SSD if you are planning to install and run the game from an accompanying larger HDD. Seems like there would be some better choices for TS3 specifically available, this one is overpowered in several ways. Not that overpowered is a bad thing for other uses, but TS3 can't really take advantage of everything the Predator has. There are some great looking models on Amazon that have spacious drives without the SSD at lower price points like this one on sale for $800.
    https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GV62-8RD-200-Performance-Steelseries/dp/B07BWF4H3W/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you really want an SSD, though that will drive the pricetag up, I would suggest at least 512 GB to have enough space to work with.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Wow! That is a good deal in comparison. And this would run the settings on high? Possibly Ultra? That'd be pretty amazing too.

Would this also work well with store content included? I have quite a bit of that, but I don't think I'm going to dabble too much with large amounts of custom content. Lesson learned.

Would this be good for all expansion packs installed as well? I like having them all enabled for convenience during gameplay :)

I almost started looking at desktops but I'm afraid I don't have much space and I wouldn't even know where to start on desktops. However that's just another topic. I'll return if that comes into question but the laptop is preferable.

Sorry for so many questions but I've made mistakes on purchasing laptops (clearly) in the past. A lot of expensive mistakes at that so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the tips!
    I think I'll be fine without the SSD if it isn't absolutely necessary. :)

The lower, the better. Great performance is always the primary choice.
    *EDIT*

I did some digging around and read through some of the reviews. If I went with the higher one including the SSD, would you consider this a better choice than the predator at this point?

It's around twenty bucks more which would be fine, but I just wanted another opinion on it. Thanks.
    edited October 2018
    INDIABOL wrote: »
    Wow! That is a good deal in comparison. And this would run the settings on high? Possibly Ultra? That'd be pretty amazing too.

Would this also work well with store content included? I have quite a bit of that, but I don't think I'm going to dabble too much with large amounts of custom content. Lesson learned.

Would this be good for all expansion packs installed as well? I like having them all enabled for convenience during gameplay :)
    Yes on all of the above. The processor is more than adequate, really only 8 GB is needed but you can add more, and the graphics card is a notch or two below the 1060 6GB but again the game can't use all that video ram power. A 1050Ti is considered great for TS3. It will run the entire game with content.

This is considered lower end or "entry level" for MSI, but they make good products and are known to pay special attention to the cooling systems in their laptops, which is also important.

INDIABOL wrote: »
    I think I'll be fine without the SSD if it isn't absolutely necessary. :)

The lower, the better. Great performance is always the primary choice.
    The benefits that an SSD brings to the game, if it's large enough to really have the game installed on it, are on startups, saves, caching, and CAS/Build-Buy catalog loading. These are intensive disk read/write operations and the SSD will be noticeably faster. The game itself will play the same on either kind of drive.

The benefit that a small SSD, too small to game on like a 128 GB, brings is that Windows starts up faster and a small number of system related operation run more smoothly but that's about it.

For the 256 GB ones, trying to run the game on that becomes a tradeoff because over time it will be a constant struggle to maintain enough free space on the drive.

Not sure which other MSI you are comparing it to, the next one up seems to have a 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD for $1,099. Maybe you are looking at a different one?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes, that would be the one. If it comes with an HDD and the combination of the SSD, it will fit in my budget. I only wanted to know if this would benefit me as much as I thought it would. If it does, I think I'll go ahead and purchase it later today.
    The more expensive MSI has a stronger processor. The SSD really doesn't give you any benefit except again Windows will start up and shut down faster. You would almost have to install TS3 on the HDD and redirect your user Documents folder over to the second drive to maintain enough free space. I wouldn't really be able to justify the $300 difference for that one. But either would be a great choice. So would the Predator we started with actually, if you added a second drive, but I wouldn't call it the most cost-effective purchase either.

If you aren't gong to purchase right away, as in tonight/today, you may want to wait for another opinion as well.
    @phoebebebe13 (has only been in and out lately but she'll be back)
    @chesterbigbird
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited October 2018
    I'm on somewhat of a funny schedule. The next time that I would be able to buy this might be a long time from now and, by then, I don't know what the deal on that might be. That, and the option for a time to order and have it arrive in a specific time was only available for today. Additionally, me being home on that same day is very convenient for me since I know that won't be likely for the next few weeks.

I ended up going with your original posts. At least if I don't know if it's great, I will have an expandable budget to make a better decision. Fortunately, other consoles like the PS4 work better for those extensive games (GTA, etc.,) so I'm not worried. :)

I just casual game is all so running the Sims 3 on PC is priority. I've also read that the Sims 4 doesn't benefit from the SSD anyhow, and besides it booting up well, from what I've noticed with this particular laptop, it's not a feature I'll be sad about not having later. Without my insane crashing and lagging, I think my game did boot up and load rather quickly. Hard to enjoy my game with those annoyances though :p

It is a very great deal, but for now, I think I'll go with a good option that is also less.

I should also mention that I had to get a 500 HDD installed on this one because of how fast my SSD filled up. I can't say that I was shocked, but I was on hopeful wishing and doing a lot of manual cleaning to get as much space as possible. So, I understand why the SSD would be a good/bad thing depending on other factors, of course.

Though, it was hard to notice any good with this one. Yeah, I had the SSD, but my graphics sucked pretty bad (for the Sims 3's standards at least). So, in comparison from my i5-7200U to something a hundred times better, I think I'm safe in saying that I'm hoping this purchase means I won't be laptop shopping again anytime soon (hopefully). I thought I was doing great with that one too but sadly learned that the U-Series isn't very good at all. That, and the 940mx combination meant that I'd be worse off. Strangely enough, the laptop that I'm on now was around a similar price range. Only 800 US dollars. Here's to hoping that an extra 100 pulls through.

I knew that the forums would be a great place to get expertise on the game for sure as I've seen from other posts. I just can't trust my retailers titles of 'GAMING LAPTOP' anymore :#

I will gladly take more opinions on if I made the right decision though!
  • Dani1996Dani1996 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello!!

I have been playing the sims 3 since it came out and I am a huge fan.
    I recently downloaded the Nraas Mod StoryProgression and I want to say it is awesome. It has changed my game in such a positive way!

However, I am having a tiny issue. Help would be really appreciated, even though I have world adventures... I cant travel. Same with the Option to Move>To New Town. It appears in gray and when I try to click it it says "The adults in the household are already traveling." (which is not true)
    This have never happened to me before downloading the Mod... I don't know if it has anything to do with it... But I don't know how to fix this... someone please help me
    edited October 2018
    Dani1996 wrote: »
    Hello!!

I have been playing the sims 3 since it came out and I am a huge fan.
    I recently downloaded the Nraas Mod StoryProgression and I want to say it is awesome. It has changed my game in such a positive way!

However, I am having a tiny issue. Help would be really appreciated, even though I have world adventures... I cant travel. Same with the Option to Move>To New Town. It appears in gray and when I try to click it it says "The adults in the household are already traveling." (which is not true)
    This have never happened to me before downloading the Mod... I don't know if it has anything to do with it... But I don't know how to fix this... someone please help me
    Already answered over here as I saw your post on that thread first. It's best if you could try not to post the same question in multiple TS3 board locations as that only leads to confusion and different conversations depending on who sees which thread and responds to it. :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16759017/#Comment_16759017
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • elleskyheartelleskyheart Posts: 69 Member
    I really need help. Somebody please. I can run sims 3 on my new computer, a Lenovo Legion Y520 due to it needing to download framework 3.5. Now I've tried that and it doesn't download. Can someone please help me. I brought this to play sims 3
    I really need help. Somebody please. I can run sims 3 on my new computer, a Lenovo Legion Y520 due to it needing to download framework 3.5. Now I've tried that and it doesn't download. Can someone please help me. I brought this to play sims 3
    It's the version of .NET (pronounced "dot-net") that it is complaining about and the game does require that to run. What we usually see is that .NET 3.5 (or some updated 3. something version close enough) is included in Win 10 but it's not activated by default. You shouldn't have to download anything if this is the case. Go to Programs and Features through the control panel, but look not on the list of regular installed programs but under "Turn Windows Features On/Off" or something like that. If you see .NET 3.something on the list, check the box and it should activate.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • WynterBlackwellWynterBlackwell Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi,

For about a year I had a lot of problems with Sims 3 and after doing some testing it all comes down to CC.
    I do have quite a lot and I'd be willing to remove most of it (I actually want to as there is a good chunk I don't use anymore for various reasons).

However there is a few things that I really really want to keep and have in the game.

Unfortunately a couple years back the external HDD where I kept everything Sims related got damaged and I lost everything.

What I do have is the entire folder in Documents including of course the DCCash files and merged packages.

Sadly as some of my CC is so old a lot of it can't be found on the internet anymore. (Sites closed, old download links broken and creators moved on and not maintaining them anymore)

So my questions:

Is there a way to extract CC directly from the game (mainly objects and clothes)?

Or from DCCash files?

Is there a way to unmerge merged packages?

Ideally I would like to start clean with only what I do want instead of removing CC through the Launcher as it's not willing to remove everything I want to (dependencies) and also using CCMagic for all CC and not having them installed via Launcher.

Thank you for the help in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top