The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Wheel

Comments

• Steffi8575Steffi8575 Posts: 6 New Member
    I miss the color wheel. It was one of my favorite things included in Sims 3. I think though if they can't do it they should add more color swatches. I really don't like to download custom content.
  • PetreakPetreak Posts: 24 Member
    Steffi8575 wrote: »
    I miss the color wheel. It was one of my favorite things included in Sims 3. I think though if they can't do it they should add more color swatches. I really don't like to download custom content.

I agree with you. They could at least make more color options to make stuff match, like furniture and clothes.
  • bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    @ all the ones that do NOT want the color wheel back that is your choice because as I can see You never used the color wheel, so You really don't know anything about it and have no clue what it is like to open up your imagination with creating new colors to use. Maybe you all should try and see the awesome colors you can actually create
    @bendhan21 they can give us the color wheel for sims 4 in a new pack because we already have it in sims 3 and there's a lot of us that enjoy it. You are entitled to your opinion. :)@ablehinha35 I do agree with you this is why lots of us in sims 4 use the cc's because we need brighter and variety of color :D
    edited March 2018
    I do not know if the Gurus actually look and read the forums but if you
    do we want our color wheel back
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    There are so many clothes that look good but have colors I trully don't like. So yea this feature making a come back would be really great. But I believe they won't add it.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    bjk607 wrote: »
    ok we all need to tell Maxis and EA I can not do it myself. They both had told me that if we want the color wheel back we need to tell them, all of us need to tell them, post in the forums about getting our color wheel back.

I'm really surprised they didn't already know we wanted a color wheel. I was thinking they just refused to make it or couldn't make it for some reason. Guys, we need to be more vocal about this! I want my color wheel!

Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Of course, it would be nice but I completely do get why they won't add it for sims... It would mean they'd have to go through all the items and redo them... I don't mind not having the colour wheel it's just honestly not the end of the world to me. I just wish they would've originally added more hair colour swatches: different shades of all the colours we now have.

I don't want to download recolours because they can't be inherited so I just have to deal with what we have :'D
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would also like a color wheel to be added in TS4, but it's no priority for me because the presets look good enough already, and in real life you also can't just color everything the way you want :D But I think I would use it very often if it would be added, but not so much like in TS3 (literally only terrible presets there).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Nah. It contributed to a slow running of TS3, and I didn't use it enough to warrant it for most things. The furniture in TS4 is easily matchable, and the clothes are fine! If there are colours I want, I hunt down a reolour or I do it myself. It's not hard to do either, and it's a skill :smiley:

i'd prefer my game ran well than it crashed every 3 hours and was super laggy.

I'd use it for hair (unless they brought out more hair colours, which would be raaaad) and maybe eyes. That's it.
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    Nah. It contributed to a slow running of TS3, and I didn't use it enough to warrant it for most things. The furniture in TS4 is easily matchable, and the clothes are fine! If there are colours I want, I hunt down a reolour or I do it myself. It's not hard to do either, and it's a skill :smiley:

i'd prefer my game ran well than it crashed every 3 hours and was super laggy.

I'd use it for hair (unless they brought out more hair colours, which would be raaaad) and maybe eyes. That's it.

Yeah and It will be expensive to do so and take way more resources but if ever there is a tiny hope that they will bring back CASt.
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    A color wheel would be an ideal feature in a free update. It would eliminate the need to have lazy recolor swatch workarounds released in future packs. I'm perfectly fine with not having CASt (the ability to change patterns and material types), I just want the ability to have more variety in colors and matching sets, and it would eliminate the need to find recolor custom content.
    @Niara I agree and when I had spoke to EA and Maxis they said they are not putting the color wheel in because there is not a lot of people asking for it. I told them then what can we do about it because there's a lot of us that want the color wheel back and they said to get on the forums and tell them we want our color wheel back. So EA and Maxis there's a lot of us that want our color wheel for Sims 4 please give it to us please
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2018
    Maybe it's because I've never played TS3 (I want to though!), but I think the pre-determined clothes colors are fine. They are a little boring and samey though so I agree it should be added as just an option. Maybe you could turn it on and off. It's been shown they can with Pets.

This. I do want that colors of the same set are actually the same color. But I dont feel the need to give my furniture a zebra print.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd love a color wheel but I don't think they will ever go that far. I do wish they would make a universal palette where every color or texture is located and I can make furniture match that should match.

I do think they could add a small version of the color wheel, like the one in C&D, to a hair salon pack where we could give sims some cool/weird makeovers with their hair.
  • stelliestellie Posts: 30 Member
    YES!! This would be a lovely feature to the game!! <3
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You could never use a colour wheel on most of the Sims clothes - they're too highly patterned and detailed. That's the trade-off - pattered clothes in exchange for a colour wheel.

LGR said it himself (diesel pack review) - if something is highly patterened, it doesn't work with the colour wheel.

While we could totally use more hair colours, and the ability to choose the colour of the streaks in your hair, a colour wheel isn't the solution.

And I want for more animal print. Now THAT would have looked good in a C&D extras pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • IzayaIzaya Posts: 3 New Member
    EA please give us an expansion pack or a upload of some sort to give us our colour palette back. It really pains me to say this but your game truly isn’t good enough due to the fact that you have taken away so much of the things that made your games great. Please do us and yourselves a great favour and give us back all the things that you once gave us and if not many then at least the colour choice we loved! From your long loving fan that has been playing the sims since I was a little girl and now an adult please and thank you.
  • gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    A color wheel would be significantly better than having to choose from a palette. More obscure and bright hair colors, plus more options for skin color!
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Color wheel with the extra brush options just like for the pets - would open up so many options! We could add our own highlights as well
    @Loftyy u are so right now if EA and Maxis would just listen to us that would be great :D
  • EternlBlakroseEternlBlakrose Posts: 4 New Member
    Bring back color wheel. I lost interest in playing when i realized it was removed
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Bring back color wheel. I lost interest in playing when i realized it was removed

It's not going to be implemented. The gurus already commented on this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's not going to be implemented. The gurus already commented on this.

It is still possible. Grabt only told us that it was not in the plans. However if they started to plan them to the future then it will be a possibility. I hope they will add them. If they do add them, there work will pay off. Many simmers will get back in The Sims 4 because of this major feature. All clothing ang objects are customizable which will change how everyone play the game. The update alone could bring huge increase in sales just like how toddlers did. So it is still possible.
  • ShredderWestShredderWest Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to have the color wheel back