Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resetting the calendar?

I decided to start a new save just for fun. I'm playing lilsimsie's curent Save File 4.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB_U9p5S3m0

The issue I'm having though is that she had the seasons length set to 7 days. I wanted to set them to 28; I play on Long lifespan and 7 days is just too short, plus I want to make sure my Sim has time to go to Granite Falls to collect the herbalism plants down the road when she has a bit more vacation time. But now the game calendar is all messed up; it's still Spring but I'm showing Harvestfest next week and Winterfest/New Year's in the following. Is there a way to reset the ingame calendar or will I just have to wait till the next in-game year for it to return to normal?
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    you can delete the out of date holidays they will reappear next year.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited September 2018
    bandit5 wrote: »
    you can delete the out of date holidays they will reappear next year.

Only the random holidays that pop up on the calendar like the Lottery or Rebate Day will reappear if you delete them. Fixed holidays like Winterfest or Love Day won't reappear. You have to recreate them if you delete them.

You have to delete all the holidays that are in the wrong season, and then recreate them in the correct season.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So if you're going to change the season length, do it at the beginning of a new save. Good to know, thanks. I'll keep that in mind when autunm/winter rolls around on the calendar (if I'm still playing this save -- since I killed off Salim Benali for the lottery winnings I'm getting a bit bored; just want to finish the City Native aspiration).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’ve learned if you change the season length on a Sunday or the first day of a new season I guess it doesn’t mess up the holidays. I just switched a save from 7 to 14 and had zero issues with lost holidays because I changed it on the first day of summer.