March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 1

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I feel like I'd be less disappointed if it was more than just one new career. Honestly, I think 5 would have been a good number. Don't get me wrong, the fashion career looks fun and all and I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it, but a single new career isn't anything to get hyped about.

It's clear their main point of interest was the terrain tools, but I'm not a builder so the terrain tools don't really mean that much to me...

Its a free patch. You want 5 fully fleshed out careers in a free patch as well as terrain paints? :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I feel like I'd be less disappointed if it was more than just one new career. Honestly, I think 5 would have been a good number. Don't get me wrong, the fashion career looks fun and all and I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it, but a single new career isn't anything to get hyped about.

It's clear their main point of interest was the terrain tools, but I'm not a builder so the terrain tools don't really mean that much to me...

Its a free patch. You want 5 fully fleshed out careers in a free patch as well as terrain paints? :D

And even I think that's a bit much to ask...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    Did anyone else see at the end he made one building with foundation and another one without? Am I hallucinating? Please someone tell me I am not wrong! I have NEEDED this feature since day 1!!
    Sadly it was just the basement that looked like a foundation. Could probably do some tricks with that though.

I am 90% sure it was foundation. It looked alot like the default foundation and it didn't have that wall covering that walls do before you paint them.
    2UFyFUV.png

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Article about today's livestreams.

The first Maxis Monthly livestream took place today, airing a State of the Union for the Sims titles. While there were some announcements for Sims FreePlay and Mobile, like a pregnancy feature and community events, the largest announcement was for the next Sims 4 patch. The next update patch has been delayed past October, but when it launches, it will be a free update adding a new career and terrain tools for build mode.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17928956/sims-4-maxis-monthly-terrain-tools-cars-style-influencer

The pregnancy feature in Sims Freeplay was revealed in an update a few months ago. Unless they are adding more to it.

And I hope they bring back community events. I like the current Live Events, but I also miss the old community events where everyone got prizes unlocked at the same time if everyone participated.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I got my wish! It's no sketch book, but an e-sketchbook is pretty cool.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Did anyone else see at the end he made one building with foundation and another one without? Am I hallucinating? Please someone tell me I am not wrong! I have NEEDED this feature since day 1!!
    Sadly it was just the basement that looked like a foundation. Could probably do some tricks with that though.

I am 90% sure it was foundation. It looked alot like the default foundation and it didn't have that wall covering that walls do before you paint them.

ZlgARNP.jpg
    It is foundation, I tried to "recreate" it in my game. They look the same
    2UFyFUV.png

• tiff_ben98tiff_ben98 Posts: 9 New Member
    I am very grateful for the designers and developers for what they are giving us in this new patch and I understand they may be doing a lot to the point where they cannot be able to release a patch this month, but I want to say that the maxis monthly was not very helpful, I believe they could write out anything they said and maybe have few second clips on the side I just thought 30 mins was too much I do like that we got to see multiple aspects so I understand why they did it but by the end of the video i was very disappointed because there was only two new features to the game i would much rather see some bug patches that i feel they can do before they release the patches with the terrain and career very upset we didn't get to hear about any new packs. Before anybody quotes my comment and tells me I am ungrateful because I am complaining about free content, please reread what I said, i appreciate it but i would prefer if they sent bug fixes monthly and feature their content in here and now i do not believe patches should be prolonged because they do not feel up to par with the free content, patches should continue when there are several bugs plaguing the game. i pay enough money for the game to be able to ask for some bug fixes
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    So, I missed the live stream because it was 2 AM at where I'm from. Basically, it was only to tell us, it's not yet ready? - which I initially thought that we'll be getting another patch (bug fixes at least).

I am super confused with this live stream thingy (not only for having it at odd hours (only for the minority, of course). I did ask why it is no longer 72 hours notification. I was told it was only for a certain special live stream. So what are the criteria for this certain special live stream? And now, we're going to have another live stream in less than 8 days (Oct, 11) from now? Appreciate if they can be more consistent in delivering the message/update. I have a high expectation, perhaps, it is my fault to begin with. And of course, people in general have different expectations..

Honestly, I can't no longer be excited with whatever updates they are going to give, until I can have it or order it. It is nice to have a terrain tool, new career...appreciate it so much, but, getting curious for another week just to think about that, because it is not yet ready... I guess, I would rather just focus on playing with bugs & building than speculating anymore, after all, I am just a normal paying player..

Next weeks stream is a more in depth look at terraforming.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    So, I missed the live stream because it was 2 AM at where I'm from. Basically, it was only to tell us, it's not yet ready? - which I initially thought that we'll be getting another patch (bug fixes at least).

I am super confused with this live stream thingy (not only for having it at odd hours (only for the minority, of course). I did ask why it is no longer 72 hours notification. I was told it was only for a certain special live stream. So what are the criteria for this certain special live stream? And now, we're going to have another live stream in less than 8 days (Oct, 11) from now? Appreciate if they can be more consistent in delivering the message/update. I have a high expectation, perhaps, it is my fault to begin with. And of course, people in general have different expectations..

Honestly, I can't no longer be excited with whatever updates they are going to give, until I can have it or order it. It is nice to have a terrain tool, new career...appreciate it so much, but, getting curious for another week just to think about that, because it is not yet ready... I guess, I would rather just focus on playing with bugs & building than speculating anymore, after all, I am just a normal paying player..

Next weeks stream is a more in depth look at terraforming.

Thanks for letting us know @catloverplayer ! You're such a great Simmer.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    poplopflop wrote: »
    I almost don't wanna give my opinion or I'll get called 'ungrateful, or 'a sour grape.' Like if your not excited over a not really modeling/stylist career that's mainly just computer typing or some terrain tools, then you're a debby downer who should keep their opinions to themself :/ Its free, yes, that's great. Thanks. But I paid hundreds of dollars for this game(which is insanity) and so I really wish it lived up to its potential, sorry.

I mean, it's fine to be personally disappointed, but to say its not living up to potential or calling it a bad patch does sound pretty selfish for the thousands of builders who have been begging for terrain tools.

I probably won't mess with them myself too much, but I am excited to see what the builders can do.

They haven't gotten anything since glass roofs, give them a bone, they quite literally help keep the community alive.

I personally want to see firefighter npcs and an overhaul to teens as patches, but I recognize not every patch will be something I love.

we haven't had anything since seasons ether I feel we're all new gameplay starved at the moment
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    poplopflop wrote: »
    I almost don't wanna give my opinion or I'll get called 'ungrateful, or 'a sour grape.' Like if your not excited over a not really modeling/stylist career that's mainly just computer typing or some terrain tools, then you're a debby downer who should keep their opinions to themself :/ Its free, yes, that's great. Thanks. But I paid hundreds of dollars for this game(which is insanity) and so I really wish it lived up to its potential, sorry.

I mean, it's fine to be personally disappointed, but to say its not living up to potential or calling it a bad patch does sound pretty selfish for the thousands of builders who have been begging for terrain tools.

I probably won't mess with them myself too much, but I am excited to see what the builders can do.

They haven't gotten anything since glass roofs, give them a bone, they quite literally help keep the community alive.

I personally want to see firefighter npcs and an overhaul to teens as patches, but I recognize not every patch will be something I love.

we haven't had anything since seasons ether I feel we're all new gameplay starved at the moment

Hm yes, we had the free Caribbean update that had A LOT of free stuff. But yeah, having to wait for this is painful...but I'd rather it be perfect.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    My overall opinion:

I think it's too early to say whether it's good or bad, cause I am not sure if this tease holds more than what we can say for sure. If cars will make it, I think its pretty good and cool of them. I know foundations are something people wanted for so long, so I'm happy for them even though I won't use it like a maniac. Its nice to have for me and I appreciate it being added. Maybe later on i will be more happy with it.
    The career.. Ok.. It's nice they added a career that is normal and probably useful for many sims. i would probably use it too. I do wish they would add in more careers. I get this one is for free, but they could have added careers through packs as well. They are needed. We asked for a lawyer career for so long and it should be here already. I do like the active careers. it's all I want to play most of the time. i also think the option to work at home, play active or just send your sims off to work, is very good and should always be like this in any sims game!
    However.. they did use many of the same animations again, meaningless interactions. Maybe there is more to it, cause they didn't show us all, so we will have to see for a complete opinion. But from what i could see, they could add in some more meaning to this career by actually drawing fashion sketches instead of paintings (of a horse..). Let's see more about it when we get it and get to play with it.

Just holding my hope for cars and Sims 2 style with animations and in-car options.

Careers like lawyer, education, etc. could be waiting for a University pack to be added. We got an actual gardener career in Seasons and before that we got the three CL careers. so they are addpeoping careers in EPs when they make sense. Someone mentioned there's a new art type, Illustrative, so maybe that's the one needed for the fashion career.

True, we got new careers, but they could have added new careers in the early time of the sims 4 when it was even more needed. The requests for basic careers are on the forum so long and we actually still do not have them. They might come, but my point was that they should have been here earlier actually.

Which careers though? Because they've given us Doctor, Scientist, Business, Athletic, Gardener and politician in patches and packs, and they were all highly requested basic careers.

The only one I could think of is education. Which would be perfect in a university pack.

oh there's still a lot of careers people want

fame career
    model
    actor
    singer
    dancer

everyday career
    firefighter
    daycare
    life guard

I could go on and on @Zeldaboy180
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    My overall opinion:

I think it's too early to say whether it's good or bad, cause I am not sure if this tease holds more than what we can say for sure. If cars will make it, I think its pretty good and cool of them. I know foundations are something people wanted for so long, so I'm happy for them even though I won't use it like a maniac. Its nice to have for me and I appreciate it being added. Maybe later on i will be more happy with it.
    The career.. Ok.. It's nice they added a career that is normal and probably useful for many sims. i would probably use it too. I do wish they would add in more careers. I get this one is for free, but they could have added careers through packs as well. They are needed. We asked for a lawyer career for so long and it should be here already. I do like the active careers. it's all I want to play most of the time. i also think the option to work at home, play active or just send your sims off to work, is very good and should always be like this in any sims game!
    However.. they did use many of the same animations again, meaningless interactions. Maybe there is more to it, cause they didn't show us all, so we will have to see for a complete opinion. But from what i could see, they could add in some more meaning to this career by actually drawing fashion sketches instead of paintings (of a horse..). Let's see more about it when we get it and get to play with it.

Just holding my hope for cars and Sims 2 style with animations and in-car options.

Careers like lawyer, education, etc. could be waiting for a University pack to be added. We got an actual gardener career in Seasons and before that we got the three CL careers. so they are addpeoping careers in EPs when they make sense. Someone mentioned there's a new art type, Illustrative, so maybe that's the one needed for the fashion career.

True, we got new careers, but they could have added new careers in the early time of the sims 4 when it was even more needed. The requests for basic careers are on the forum so long and we actually still do not have them. They might come, but my point was that they should have been here earlier actually.

Which careers though? Because they've given us Doctor, Scientist, Business, Athletic, Gardener and politician in patches and packs, and they were all highly requested basic careers.

The only one I could think of is education. Which would be perfect in a university pack.

oh there's still a lot of careers people want

fame career
    model
    actor
    singer
    dancer

everyday career
    firefighter
    daycare
    life guard

I could go on and on @Zeldaboy180

Oh, I'm sure there are a bunch more careers, but I was specifically asking which basic careers people want, basically meaning normal every day careers like the ones you listed.

I wouldn't call life guard an everyday career, but the other ones definitely. Although I for sure want every career you named. I actually don't care if firefighter is a playable career, but it's looong over due to be patched in as an npc at this point.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    People will never forgive TS4 for being rushed into production, and now when the devs delay the release of a big new feature to fine-tune it, there are still people who complain! :lol:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, it looks like they've set up a new way of giving out news.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I know it's free content, but, hopefully at some point they offer sewing machines. It's going to be really dumb if we have a fashion career without sewing machines. Hopefully it's not just clicking on screens. I would pay to be able to mAke clothing.
  • EA_TomEA_Tom Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you for watching :-)

Hope you enjoyed the stream!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited October 2018

You're right! I thought he was using the basement tool to create it, but after rewatching he is definitely making a regular room on top of that hill and then the foundation just shows up. That would be heavenly if we could choose which building have foundation.

I'm hoping the next world will be a bit more bumpier, so that there will be natural hills that continue in and out of the lot borders.
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited October 2018
    Hey ... hey you ... Simmers ... Thanks for being so awesome! <3<3<3<3

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17929464/maxis-monthly-live-stream-sims-community

f2lq916aze8r.png
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    So we learned that they will add a fashion career, something I have asked for a while so yay! Then they said there will be the return of terrain tools, something builders have asked for a loooong time. Not really a builder but I'm happy for them. Another positive: It's all free! This might not seem like a lot but then I realized they said it was an early look and that they won't show everything there is in the patch in one episode, gotta keep teasing simmers (cars maybe?). Plus, there is another live stream on October 11, so hopefully they will reveal more content there.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    What a great article. Much love for my simming community. <3
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I wonder if the new terrain tools mean any future worlds that come with packs won't have to be flat all the time, perhaps they can include hills and other uneven terrain when they design them. Just a thought. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    My overall opinion:

Careers like lawyer, education, etc. could be waiting for a University pack to be added. We got an actual gardener career in Seasons and before that we got the three CL careers. so they are adding careers in EPs when they make sense. Someone mentioned there's a new art type, Illustrative, so maybe that's the one needed for the fashion career.

Teacher
    lawyer
    Military
    Architecture
    Band
    Daycare
    Firefighter
    Police
    Security

Just to name a few. See the amount of jobs the Sims 2 series had.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, no sewing machine, no catwalk, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update.

ALso, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

THIS^^

But... those terrain tools.

As @MidnightAura said, it should have been in the base game. I can't get excited over stuff that should have been added years ago. As @Sigzy05 said, there is no depth to the career being added and therefore is pretty lame. Honestly, I was expecting to hear about a new pack.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,105 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I know it's free content, but, hopefully at some point they offer sewing machines. It's going to be really dumb if we have a fashion career without sewing machines. Hopefully it's not just clicking on screens. I would pay to be able to make clothing.

Same here. I'm not into such things IRL but I loved using the one in Sims 2 for the customisable pattern outfits. One of my favourite things to do was run a clothing store selling items made by my sims. Sure, we can have a clothes shop in Sims 4 but it's not the same.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.