Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure - already forgotten?

124...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sims all eventually travel to JA - and they have tons to do. I love it there. Wish my sims could live there all the time.

I love the way thing change every single visit - keeps it fresh for me - unlike OR that is always exactly the same. I find OR lacks things to do because they did not play up the locals like JA did. I like how that is done in JA - I can enjoy a more varied Vacation in JA - that is not in OR.

I do want more Vacation packs too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I don't play it at the moment so that's why I don't talk about. But no worries the GP is still popular and sound funny to know we can turn on a skeleton ahahah.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Although I love all the stuff that came with this pack, I absolutely hate sending my sim off there. I don't know why, but now if I send a sim off to that location, I get extremely bored out of my skull. The only times my sim will even go there now is when they get invited by a friend and meet up there.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @Oldeseadogge you are correct; only 5 different layouts that can generate randomly but share the one temple lot.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I'm really enjoying it and even when I get through that last door I'll continue to send my sims there for weekend visits. I just love the ambiance. I won't be using any of JA build/buy items in any other worlds but keep it specifically for Selvadorada. I've downloaded an awesome replacement for the museum and JA collectibles will only be available there. Along with the food stalls so sims can only get those meals and drinks there.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I use the selvadoradan dance moves always. But exploring the temples started to get boring because all you do is examining the trap and opening the door. It's all the same all the time. But the world itself is gorgeous, I sometimes take my sims to summer vacation to there but away from temples.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    I've explored all the area now except for the island. That door continue to be locked. 😵
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I got rid of the useless museum and built a resort there. I use the stuff from this pack a lot, and I really love the music. I'm not into gameplay like collecting, doesn't interest me. I do stories.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I haven't had it long and have only done a couple of brief visits in order to save it for specific sims. Is there an actual point to having the museum there?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    @Mariefoxprice83

I replaced the original museum with one that I downloaded from the gallery.

zdJsGQE.png

I added computers.
    GxJ0c6p.png

Writing skill.
    DxP2Pcy.png

You can work on your archaeology skill.
    f9SPLLC.png

There's a cafe stand with adjacent seating.
    Yxm7h84.png
    FGepPiX.png

Mingle with the locals and other vacationers.
    AgJIZrp.png

The archaeology table is only available at the museum.
    Sims do not carry one in their inventory.

Of course you can accomplish all this elsewhere so to answer your question the museum is not necessary.

edited September 2018
    Thank you :) I'll look into changing mine up.
    edited September 2018
    I replaced the original museum with one that I downloaded from the gallery.

I really can't stand the one they have in the game, and I just can't seem to find a suitable replacement for it. This place looks perfect.
    Where can I find this in the gallery? :)

@LaBlue0314 it's the Museum of Archaeology 2.0 by Sandraog. I made a few changes to mine. I replaced the pics on the walls upstairs with the ones that allow you to study when viewing. I changed a few other things but can't remember what they were. I'm away from my computer.
    edited September 2018
    @simgirl1010 I couldn't find it for some reason. Checked both the name of the lot and the Simer's ID. :(
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
    edited September 2018
    I'll double check when I get home.

@LaBlue0314

GOTmjxP.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I haven't had it long and have only done a couple of brief visits in order to save it for specific sims. Is there an actual point to having the museum there?

Unless you have some bone dust it's the only way to get a cure for poisoning as it has computers.

Unless you have some bone dust it's the only way to get a cure for poisoning as it has computers.

Thanks. In my main save I replaced the museum with the one mentioned just above but I'll make sure there's always a computer available in JA in every save. I haven't properly explored yet as I'm playing rotationally and the sim I've assigned to explore the jungle isn't quite ready to do that yet.
    I'll double check when I get home.

@LaBlue0314

GOTmjxP.png

Thank you very much. :)
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited October 2018
    I still love Selvadorada and I send my sims there regularly, although I don't always make them go exploring. Mostly, I have them hang out with the locals at the cantina, although I would like it if there was a bit more for them to do. I replaced the museum lot with a rental lot because it was boring and felt like waste of space, but I would love to be able to create a retail lot -- something like the markets we had in Sims 3 Adventures. I am still looking for a reliable mod that would allow me to do this.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2018
    It really is a horrible pack Jungle Chance Cards has no replay value so I can easily understand why no one really talks about it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"