Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, put on your tinfoil hats... EDIT: put them on before it's too late!

MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
Alright, this maybe a crazy sleep deprived thought, but bear with me. Sims can joke about politicians; there was a political career added. Sims can joke about fashion; there's a fashion career added. Sims can joke about engineers.. Sims can joke about.. penguins(??) Ok that last one was a joke of my own, but y'all see where I'm going with this. Huh? :wink: Btw I realise this quite a stretch to say the least. I just thought it was strange/funny coincidence.. was there any other "joke about.." that I didn't think of?
Post edited by Melmack on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wasn't there a "joke about vampires" option before the Vampires GP? Let me check.

Yep, it was there way before the Vampires GP, as early as 2015: https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/863740/tell-joke-about-vampires
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Aliens next you'll be saying chicken butts equal a farm pack and nachos will be added.
    image.png
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Aliens next you'll be saying chicken butts equal a farm pack and nachos will be added.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Wasn't there a "joke about vampires" option before the Vampires GP? Let me check.

Yep, it was there way before the Vampires GP, as early as 2015:

Ahah! I knew I was on to something! Keep your eyes to the skies for new jokes guys! 😆 Cue the x files theme...
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    Oeh I would love an engineers career!

Where your sims have an open career again and can accept jobs from other sims where their stuff needs to be repaired or upgraded. Like what we had in TS3 a bit. Would be cool to create a little office of garage to place all these objects that would need to be fixed.

Nice catch though ;) I saw this option recently, cause I recently got a sim that wants to joke around with everyone and I thought it was unlocked cause of his level. is it a new option?
    I don't think it's super new, but then again I never really paid attention to it before. But that would be an interesting way to play it. I was thinking maybe it would tie into a university pack, because you have to go to school for it. But I mean so do doctors and astronauts, so not sure if that theory works out. 🤔
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I, for one, am excited to have engineers as the next occult life state in TS4

Sorry, but your tongue-in-cheek comment about engineers being in the occult class made me chuckle! And I'm reminded of something Dr. Leonard McCoy, of the original Star Trek fame, once said: "You know Engineers --- how they love to change things."
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Engineers don't fixt things, Fursims, they design them. Mechanics do the fixing. There is another kind of engineer that drives trains.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member

Selvadorada...
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    Alright, this maybe a crazy sleep deprived thought, but bear with me. Sims can joke about politicians; there was a political career added. Sims can joke about fashion; there's a fashion career added. Sims can joke about engineers.. Sims can joke about.. penguins(??) Ok that last one was a joke of my own, but y'all see where I'm going with this. Huh? :wink: Btw I realise this quite a stretch to say the least. I just thought it was strange/funny coincidence.. was there any other "joke about.." that I didn't think of?

There's a political career? Got a screen shot of where it is?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Melmack wrote: »

There's a political career? Got a screen shot of where it is?

It was added in City Living
    I, for one, am excited to have engineers as the next occult life state in TS4

Sorry, but your tongue-in-cheek comment about engineers being in the occult class made me chuckle! And I'm reminded of something Dr. Leonard McCoy, of the original Star Trek fame, once said: "You know Engineers --- how they love to change things."

No need to be sorry :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Engineers don't fixt things, Fursims, they design them. Mechanics do the fixing. There is another kind of engineer that drives trains.

No, they most certainly do not fix things (I grew up with one). They take them apart to see how they work. Then, you call the mechanic to put them back together. ;)
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Ok, so then "engineer" could be scientist, but with a different name. Now penguins, where do penguins live, the Antarctic. What's in the Antarctic? Snow. When did they introduce snow? Seasons. "Knock knock" joke, who knocks? Neibours. Did we get neibours in CL? Yes! You all thought I was crazy, but who's laughing now?It's all been there the whole time guys!
    34erw5l.jpg
    Now if you excuse me I have a chicken butt theory to work out..
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

I actually know a bunch of guys with an Engineer title that do have to fix items a lot of their time. Maybe its not as much the main target as with a mechanic, but it's not like they don't fix things.
    Anyway, a mechanic career would be more proper for my previous comments. That one is welcome as well in the sims :)
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2018
    Lol! We had penguins in Sims 2. They would visit in the winter.

There's also a jokes about other things we've had like Sunset Valley and mimes.

And things we haven't: monkeys (zoo? circus? or maybe that was Selvadorada?) and ducks (farmlife?).
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @icmnfrsh wrote: »

Yep, it was there way before the Vampires GP, as early as 2015: https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/863740/tell-joke-about-vampires

Vampires were there from the very start. There’s a joke about Vampires interaction, and the Vampire bat fish in the base game, as well as the Vampire area.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Of all the places to find clues to future content: jokes.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member

Nachos should be added to the game. My sims need that cheesy goodness
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    No, they most certainly do not fix things (I grew up with one). They take them apart to see how they work. Then, you call the mechanic to put them back together. ;)

hahaha that's so true! I grew up with one too :D

hmm if we get engineers... does it mean... PLUMBOTS?!
    Dont know if this is old/specific enough to be considered a necro-bump (my apologies if it is.) But along my line of reasoning in this post; I recently noticed the "describe apocalypse" and "share conspiracy theory" interactions in the mischief category.. seems to fit in with recent events, no?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I recalled an option that said Joke about Mind control.

I'll have to check again after work