Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Temperature effects on sims: on or off?

2...Next

Comments

• SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    On
    What's the point of having Seasons if you're going to turn off the effects?

I also give all of my Sims the "Cold/Heat Acclimation" rewards so that they do not die from any harsh weather effects. I've always HATED EA trying to kill off my sims in a myriad of ways.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Off
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't like how they stay in their cold weather gear indoor despite the heating being on, plus more than one hot drink and they overheat, so I've got temperature effects off for now.

I know people shouldn't have to use mods, but there IS a mod that actually fixes that. Sims will automatically change out of hot/cold weather outfits when they come inside IF the thermostat is set appropriately.

It's the thermostat outfit weak one.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

Thanks for the link. :) I use their leaf pile destroy mod but I didn't know about this.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Off
    Off. Don't have a need for it. Can still get what I want from Seasons without it.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    On
    On of course... I enjoy the gameplay.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2018
    On
    Busufu wrote: »
    otherwise, wheres the fun? :D
    Question, is it just in my game or do Vampires absolutely not care about temperature effects??? :/

It's not your just vampires, mine do not care at all too. Even Toddler and Kid Vampires. And well, since I'm having the show sim info mod, it turns out all vampires are immune to weather conditions.
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    On
    Maybe I should turn it off until they get it set for the them auto-change to the right clothing for the right weather... at lease if they are 'about to die' from the weather. And there's not rhyme or reason for when this nonsense will occur. I have a guy who I keep changing to his winter clothes, he'll shower or change out of PJs and have regular clothes back on (sometimes) and on it goes. Then before I know it he is about to freeze to death again. Oy vey...
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    On
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Busufu wrote: »
    otherwise, wheres the fun? :D
    Question, is it just in my game or do Vampires absolutely not care about temperature effects??? :/

It's not your just vampires, mine do not care at all too. Even Toddler and Kid Vampires. And well, since I'm having the show sim info mod, it turns out all vampires are immune to weather conditions.

Thanks for your info. What a pity, cause I play with vamps the most ... :/

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    On
    Because I want my sims to actually REACT to their world, and that includes the weather. (I love sims games because I love seeing the Sims react to their world and to other Sims.)

For me, it’s one of the many reasons why I’ve always enjoyed having all of the Seasons packs, and it gives me immersion and provides some needed challenges (for me). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    It varies
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't like how they stay in their cold weather gear indoor despite the heating being on, plus more than one hot drink and they overheat, so I've got temperature effects off for now.

I know people shouldn't have to use mods, but there IS a mod that actually fixes that. Sims will automatically change out of hot/cold weather outfits when they come inside IF the thermostat is set appropriately.

It's the thermostat outfit weak one.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

Thats good to know about a mod but we really shouldn't have to use a mod for this. It should be they go inside and change to comfortable clothing that works inside the house. I know I am probably expecting too much.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    On
    Since they toned down the weather deaths (jogging and basketball playing Sims no longer randomly freeze to death) I've kept them on. For my own Sims, I'll buy the Heat Acclimation and Cold Acclimation reward traits, where they still feel the weather effects and wear the appropriate outfits but they're less susceptible to actually dying if I'm not careful. Easy enough to click and change Sims when they come inside, though I'd like it to happen automatically; wearing winter clothes though is a good reminder to add a thermostat or a fireplace if the house doesn't already have it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • thedoggowhispererthedoggowhisperer Posts: 5 New Member
    It varies
    tbh I don't even have seasons (yet, I'm getting it this wednesday) but this is probably what I'll do once I get it