Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 1

Comments

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    The new career and digital sketch pad are ok. The new terrain tools look great. But none of it was worth a hyped-up live stream. They could have mentioned that stuff in a simple blog post with a few pics and wasted a lot less of people's time..... not to mention .... emotional interests.

They made it sound like everyone on planet earth should tune in to see their mind-blowing announcement ...... of what turned out to be just ........ a digital easle. Oh yea. Lets not forget the new Mr. Dressup career.

Tell me you're kidding me. Tell me I didn't wait around the last few days for THAT.

Seriously?????

Well, I like the terrain tools. But that still could have been shared via blog post.

This. Thank you for this.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Well I'm super excited. I've been hoping for terrain tools since I first learned S4 didn't have them <3 And while the career isn't ground breaking I think it's a nice addition. I have a sim or two who will make use of it :)
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    The new career and digital sketch pad are ok. The new terrain tools look great. But none of it was worth a hyped-up live stream. They could have mentioned that stuff in a simple blog post with a few pics and wasted a lot less of people's time..... not to mention .... emotional interests.

They made it sound like everyone on planet earth should tune in to see their mind-blowing announcement ...... of what turned out to be just ........ a digital easle. Oh yea. Lets not forget the new Mr. Dressup career.

Tell me you're kidding me. Tell me I didn't wait around the last few days for THAT.

Seriously?????

Well, I like the terrain tools. But that still could have been shared via blog post.

They could have, but I liked actually seeing how smoothly it worked in the video. Would like to see and know more, but this was just a tease.

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Wow, I never thought we would get so much. A dream come true. <3
    https://youtu.be/F10LNlHZlmQ

we can now change any sim, any time, wow. <3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    And...live stream is over. No new content confirmed for October because they are "polishing" it and making it nice and shiny. However, we did get a glimpse of what looks like a TERRAIN TOOL, a new career coming (no word yet on whether it is an active career, a form of self-employment, or a rabbit hole career), and what looks possibly like a sketchbook and maybe the ability to create art on the computer, if my interpretation of what I saw is correct.

One use of the terrain tool that I would love to see in this game would be the ability to create my childhood home, which was built on a hill. The basement door exits at the bottom of the hill, and the front door and kitchen sliding door exit at the top of the hill. Yes, it was a two-story home. Part of it was underground under the hill.

They said it was a work-from-home career, like the City Living careers and the Gardening career from Seasons.

I love that style of career -- I'm using a suite of mods that adds work from home features to base game careers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I actually think the fashionista is a great addition. Some people won't use it, sure. Others will absolutely love it. I'll use it on occasion if I want to make the townies look ridiculous (because I like ridiculous). It will be fun to play with.

The terrain tools are absolutely amazing, though.

Thank you gurus for this patch. I think it's great.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    New career looks interesting and terrain tools are going to immensely change the in-game environment. But I am still wondering what were those clips from the voice actors about and did they hint at a possible announcement (for next week) at the end of the stream?
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited October 2018
    mock68 wrote: »
    Well that was a downer, no October patch.

So, we are not gonna see a patch in October either? I stopped playing the game a couple months ago because of some of these bugs that need to be fixed such as the non-interactive sims bug. It's cool that they are creating new stuff, but did they forget about these bugs that need to be addressed and fixed? I kinda think they should be the priority... I personally don't want any more new content because these critical bugs are ruining the game. I am sorry, but I am just getting the feeling that the devs don't even care and just want to skip the bugs and go on to new content while the game continues to get in worse shape. I don't even know what to think of this anymore. I regret purchasing Seasons and updating to that patch just before Seasons which destroyed the game and turned all of the background Sims into mindless zombies...
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Did anyone else see at the end he made one building with foundation and another one without? Am I hallucinating? Please someone tell me I am not wrong! I have NEEDED this feature since day 1!!
    2UFyFUV.png

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Did you notice that you would have the option of just bulldozing the house or the house and terrain with it? I've just checked back and noticed it when SimGuruRomeo bulldozed the house.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Did anyone notice the building that looked like a garage at the end? I haven't read all the previous post.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update.

ALso, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

It’s free.
    It’s designed so you can paint from reference on the fly, which makes sense.
    Not everyone wants to take an easel out.
    We’re also getting terrain tools.

It’s a good patch. Let’s not jump to doom and gloom.

You’re holding “paid content” expectations for a free patch.

@Sigzy05 Also, they told us that this was an early, early look. Sneak peek. There's probably more included that they haven't shown.
    My overall opinion:

I think it's too early to say whether it's good or bad, cause I am not sure if this tease holds more than what we can say for sure. If cars will make it, I think its pretty good and cool of them. I know foundations are something people wanted for so long, so I'm happy for them even though I won't use it like a maniac. Its nice to have for me and I appreciate it being added. Maybe later on i will be more happy with it.
    The career.. Ok.. It's nice they added a career that is normal and probably useful for many sims. i would probably use it too. I do wish they would add in more careers. I get this one is for free, but they could have added careers through packs as well. They are needed. We asked for a lawyer career for so long and it should be here already. I do like the active careers. it's all I want to play most of the time. i also think the option to work at home, play active or just send your sims off to work, is very good and should always be like this in any sims game!
    However.. they did use many of the same animations again, meaningless interactions. Maybe there is more to it, cause they didn't show us all, so we will have to see for a complete opinion. But from what i could see, they could add in some more meaning to this career by actually drawing fashion sketches instead of paintings (of a horse..). Let's see more about it when we get it and get to play with it.

Just holding my hope for cars and Sims 2 style with animations and in-car options.

Careers like lawyer, education, etc. could be waiting for a University pack to be added. We got an actual gardener career in Seasons and before that we got the three CL careers. so they are adding careers in EPs when they make sense. Someone mentioned there's a new art type, Illustrative, so maybe that's the one needed for the fashion career.
  • ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    Personally I think they do not have a clue what to do with the game. This was just some more meh...
    I am sure she will be able to handle a plate of pancakes better, will go very well with her Bop Pancakes spa rob.

This is how I feel about it, because they hype a person up for nothing!
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Did anyone notice the building that looked like a garage at the end? I haven't read all the previous post.

That wasn't a garage. It was a tall building still short. The very end just before he got up and walked away he began increasing it's height.
    Simburian wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The new guy is too quiet as well :(

What new guy? There is no new guy there that I see. I think of them all Kate is the newest.

It's the first time he is in the Stream team. SimGuruNinja said he had been working with him for ten years! He was actually very good but needed his mike nearer his mouth to get louder!

Shouldn't @SimGuruSteve have noted that? #BlameSteve :D
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yeah someone mentioned that the music thy used in the beginning also was from TS2 nightlife which introduced cars. I haven’t played TS2 enough to know if it’s true but if it’s true that’s awesome! The fashion career also says be the “vehicle” in the description.
    Hopefully it means cars
  • poplopfloppoplopflop Posts: 6 New Member
    I almost don't wanna give my opinion or I'll get called 'ungrateful, or 'a sour grape.' Like if your not excited over a not really modeling/stylist career that's mainly just computer typing or some terrain tools, then you're a debby downer who should keep their opinions to themself :/ Its free, yes, that's great. Thanks. But I paid hundreds of dollars for this game(which is insanity) and so I really wish it lived up to its potential, sorry.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    WOW, this is awesome! Fashion career is something a lot of people have been asking for, so hooray that they will get to do this! And I like the idea of having far-reaching influence as a stylist by setting trends that could spread through the neighbourhood (though I sort of wish you could customize which Sims are likely to jump on trends and which aren't, which doesn't seem super likely). But then WOW, terrain tools, can't wait!!!!!

I wonder how this career will compare to the Fashionista career mod found here https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods/title/ultimate-fashionista-career/id/1426092/.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. I thought they said terrain tools weren't possible though? Does this mean the other stuff they said wasn't possible is now possible? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But either way, very excited and I don't even build anymore. xD Can't wait to see what gets made with the new tools though!

Remember, Things Change (tm). As they learn more and more about the capabilities of the game/game engine, they're making new discoveries.

Speaking of things changing, they might still be able to add a multiplayer option...but I still don't want one, and here's why: Multiplayer games rely heavily on microtransactions to finance their servers. Multiplayer games generally do not allow cheating (and I always have cheated in every single player Sims game to date, usually with the money cheat). Finally, I already play similar multiplayer games, like Avakin Life and City Girl Life. I have a Facebook gaming account for the latter with about 600 Facebook friends....and at least 400 are players of the same Facebook games I play. Social networking games encourage the player to "friend" everyone who asks to be a Facebook friend whether you know them in real life or not. And sometimes that way, you get plumholes. (And yes, I just deliberately self-censored.) These people are rotten plums, as opposed to tasty edible plums which I enjoy very much, thank you.

I think a multiplayer game would be more of a spin-off type game -- while they don't officially support mods, they build the structure that makes mods and CC possible. Likely a multiplayer game wouldn't be able to accept mods and CC.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update.

ALso, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

It’s free.
    It’s designed so you can paint from reference on the fly, which makes sense.
    Not everyone wants to take an easel out.
    We’re also getting terrain tools.

It’s a good patch. Let’s not jump to doom and gloom.

You’re holding “paid content” expectations for a free patch.

@Sigzy05 Also, they told us that this was an early, early look. Sneak peek. There's probably more included that they haven't shown.

I'm not holding my hopes up.

But I love that TS4 is finally getting terrain tools after 4 years something TS1, TS2 and TS3 had in the BG.

I just hope the terrain will offer the freedom we had in TS3, where we could build fences besides staircases and across multiple terrain levels, and build stair paths.

If I can build a house, exactly or better as this one that I did on TS3, I will go back to TS4. Not for gameplay though.

NvcD7An.jpg

uyybUxF.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    You gotta have the sour grapes team. It's inevitable lol. Me I'm loving it.

YEP! LOVE it All! Even the thing no one has mentioned.... LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There are but a few caveats I can take from this 'sneak peek':

New Fashion Career:
    - base game
    - can dress up other sims in Live Mode
    - requested career by community
    - work from home
    - free
    - convenient sketchpad
    - not fully-developed yet

Terrain Tools:
    - it's terrain tools
    - well-requested by builders
    - no more flat lots
    - base game
    - also free
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I actually think the fashionista is a great addition. Some people won't use it, sure. Others will absolutely love it. I'll use it on occasion if I want to make the townies look ridiculous (because I like ridiculous). It will be fun to play with.

The terrain tools are absolutely amazing, though.

Thank you gurus for this patch. I think it's great.

I thought townies already looked ridiculous in what they wear! :D
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png