Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2018 (Oct Patch Cancelled Due to Polishing)

Comments

• AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    I think we’re getting story mode
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I do not want to see wheelchairs and disabilities as I think it is patronising and too PC.
    I don't think players with disabilities would agree and ultimately their opinion is what matters on that topic.

A comeback for graveyards/cemeteries would be very much appreciated in a patch!

6riwm5.png
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    I do not want to see wheelchairs and disabilities as I think it is patronising and too PC.
    I don't think players with disabilities would agree and ultimately their opinion is what matters on that topic.

I am not disabled, but my mother was before she died. I would love to be able to recreate a story like my childhood. I also disagree that it would be patronizing to include. I don't think it will be this patch though, as it is something that must be done correctly and would take a great deal of time.

I would also love if it were graveyards!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Since it is October and that is the only time of the year that we have a good chance of getting it, I would like more spooky day stuff. Never enough to decorate with. :)

Between Spooky Stuff and Seasons, I think we've got enough in my personal opinion. They could patch Seasons to count the Spooky Stuff costumes for players that own the pack so those will fulfill the tradition.

One Halloween thing that is missing is Scary Instrumental Music. None of the songs on the Spooky Station sound scary and most are just rock music. In TS3 we got scary music with the movie stuffpack.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    At this point I don't care what it is. Just glad to be seeing some content to the game. And wish October 2 would hurry up and get here.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    If it’s something big, I’m hoping for new careers.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I would like to see some new longer hair styles added to the game in Oct's game patch. I know that some Simmer don't want this out of fear of clipping issues with the longer hair styles. But the clipping issue is already occurring in the game anyways. :)
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    @sunman502 if you're not against custom content there's some really great maxis match hairstyles that are quite long and alpha ones aswell 😊
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed two recent posts. Let's please be considerate of the tone we take towards other users on the forums. Thanks. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well that's interesting... Even one of the voice actors is anticipating the next patch...
    What’s it like working on #sims4 with Krizia Bajos [...] can’t wait for this new game patch to drop!!!!

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/23/cnns-great-big-story-currently-filming-the-sims-4/

well then its likely wheelchairs cnn wouldn't be doing a story if it wasn't something like that I hope we all enjoy it

It states very clearly in the article, that anyone can click on and read, that the story is about voice acting in the sims game. What does wheelchairs (which has not been confirmed) have to do with voice acting?

I never said it was confirmed I just find it hard to believe that cnn is doing a story just because they like the voice acting they've been doing voice acting for years why now does cnn think its worthy of a story disabilities would be a first in almost any game
    don't get me wrong I'm not sure if its a good idea and there are so many things I'd rather have but thats the only thing I feel would be news worthy
    @Dannydanbo

CNN is just the parent company. They own the rights to produce and distribute the show. I wouldn’t call the show news, but more of a look inside the working of various things. Voice acting seems like the type of content that would be on the program, we don’t know how long the segment will be when the episode airs. I imagine they chose Sims because it’s unique in the field of voice acting because they are recording a completely fictional language.

They show lots of that kind of stuff on the weekends, when there's no breaking news anywhere in the world. Sometimes you need a bit of downtime from constant outrage and worry.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    teajaylove wrote: »

I am not disabled, but my mother was before she died. I would love to be able to recreate a story like my childhood. I also disagree that it would be patronizing to include. I don't think it will be this patch though, as it is something that must be done correctly and would take a great deal of time.

I would also love if it were graveyards!

I'm not sure I'd use disability features (and I've had friends and family members with physical and mental disabilities), but I appreciate the option.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > SparklyBecca wrote: »
    >
    > I'd really love to see story progression. I'm really sick of starting a family, giving them jobs and then going back to them to find that none of them has bothered going to work, they don't have any relationships, they don't make friends and they don't have children. It's just not realistic to have families that just don't do anything unless you interact with them.
    >
    > I agree with the uni pack, that would be good. But I'd like to see it more exciting then just seeing the students in their halls. You could have them getting caught trying to get into the local bar with fake ID (how do you get smiley's to work?) :-/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I highly recommend the MC Command Center mod; it adds a form of story progression so unplayed Sims will make friends (and enemies) and get married/have babies (occasionally in that order). You can find out information here, or check the discussion over in the Mods forum here.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out :#
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    uhhh...cool
    Patch might be releasing Tuesday.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Patch might be releasing Tuesday.

I think they'll do a twitch stream separate from maxis monthly, since it might be a big patch.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    A cemetery special lot would be awesome.
    (Should have come with Vampires gamepack though.)
    So would a blank slate world for it to go in.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    A cemetery special lot would be awesome.
    (Should have come with Vampires gamepack though.)
    So would a blank slate world for it to go in.

You know, it was really hard for me to think of anything that could possibly come with an October/Halloween patch, but now I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of cemetery.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Can't we build our own cemetaries?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Can't we build our own cemetaries?

Yeah, but it would be nice to have it as an actual lot type in the game. Instead of using one of the other lot types and trying to meet it's requirements, or hiding the required objects that don't fit in a cemetery.

Also, I'd like to have something like the mausoleum in TS3, where you could collect the tombstones of all sims who'd died in the town.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    If it’s something big, I’m hoping for new careers.

We desperately need more careers and ability for adults to work teen/part time jobs
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I think it's important to realize that whatever is revealed today might not appeal to everyone but we should remain hopeful that what we're most wanting might still make an appearance. After all we've got at least 3 more years of content coming!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I really want cemetaries. That's what I'm hoping for.
    Livestream mentions the Oct Patch is cancelled due to polishing the new features.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I skipped my nap for this? They couldn’t even do a quick patch to address some major problems people are having? Ridiculous.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2018
    I skipped my nap for this? They couldn’t even do a quick patch to address some major problems people are having? Ridiculous.
    Did you even watch it properly? They showed terrain tool. That is pretty huge.
    I'm disappointed too about the second month without any patches but the terrain tool is really nice and unexpected.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top