Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not feeling it with The sims 4 anymore..

I feel like I came to the point where I do not find TS4 so appealing any more. I have been thinking too much about a total new game for The sims and the current version suddenly seemed so outdated to me. Features that i know will never come unless there would be a complete new series, kind of make me not want to open my game. I have been playing the last month, every day, whole day with 4 household and their stories, but i just don't feel it any more. Even though i am in the middle of a story that usually gets me going.

I had this with TS3 when TS4 was announced and saw all the cool new features that weren't possible in the current game. But now we only have TS4 and I already feel like this. This game is too limited, no space for creativity, can't move/remove lots, adjust worlds, apartments, create new worlds. After playing a few generations, it's getting pretty boring to see the same things, world styles and views over and over again. The disappearing to everything like work/school etc., the fast arrangements where orders just pop up in your pocket or where sims barely have to move to get things done... It is starting to get me. It's too plain and easy. It's like a game from 10-15 years ago where more features would kill your device.
It's not the same as where I wasn't happy with the limited options we got in the beginning in the sims 4 game, it's something else. i think im just done with it cause it starts to feel outdated for it's time and I have no hope these additions will be possible with the base of this game.

Someone else?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Oh everyone goes through that and thinking like that Since Sims 1. It comes and goes - and is sort of a regular part of Simming.

It would be more unusual for you not to encounter those kind of feelings with every sims game, than not - for sure - especially when you have dared to dream of what a future Sims game might be. Keep in mind our imaginations though are always 100 percent more than what any new game has ever delivered to be honest.

Usually when that kind of feelings over your present game passes - you reach a point after months of no Sims you'll come back. Many players start over even then try to go back to the game they were playing that brought those feelings, unless of course during your time away you have found another game to bide your time with - but either way if you are as addicted to the Sims as most of us become you will come back - especially when the next new thing is still 4-5 years from being a thing - because those little sims just get under your skin and make you miss manipulating those little pixels.

You feel that way - well because you are a Simmer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I like TS4 for the gameplay it does have.

I am at a point where I only enjoy casual games like sims, stardew valley, etc.. or open world games where I can just wander around forever without worrying about beating the game or having deadlines to complete quests. I don’t care for fast twitch reaction games any more either.

Out of all the games that fulfill that, I think TS4 is the best. We have so many options in CAS. We have so many options to build our home or venues. We have so many things to casually do.

Sure, I can (and sometimes do) sit around and dream about more stuff being added, but out of all the casual relaxing games out there, Sims 4 has the most possibilities.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    I purposely take a break from the game from time to time so I don't burn out. Especially when I tend to play the same sims while adopting the same careers for them lol. At least I build them an original house each new play-through.... lol that's a start.

It's normal to get bored of the game. (as was shared by Writin_Reg). I agree... it's all part of being a simmer. Maybe take a break, spend some time playing a different game for a bit, keep posting on the forum and soon maybe a conversation or two will have you missing the sims again.

Good luck.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited October 2018

Someone else?

Nope. Not me. :)
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    That happens to me frequently, too. I play like crazy, almost nonstop, then I take a break cause I get bored of it for maybe a few months, depending, and then get back in a kick. :) Like this past weekend. I hadn't played Sims4 for like a couple months. I was playing other games or drawing. NOW I suddenly got back into wanting to play again, so I have.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited October 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think that boredom comes a little easier with Sims 4 because it's more predictable and linear and feels a little more childish than the previous versions. I'm not saying this to be insulting, I just think it's the way the game turned out. Without things like Fear, crime, obstacles, and heavier negative impacts like those we had in other iterations, the game just plays a little more safely than the others. For me, it's hard to really engage in the gameplay for any length of time without those elements of surprise and challenge.

I agree. The lack of negative experiences in what seems like a perfect world of overly-emphasized safety can be a bit of a buzz kill.

Maybe that's why we have a load screen from one house to another. So we don't get hurt crossing the street. lol.
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I actually thinks sims 4 is the worst game in many ways. Mostly because I feel like it doesn't have any replay value, emotions are a failure and traits don't really matter anymore. For me, those are the features that keeps on making the game not work for me. I sometimes get a need to play sims 4, but I can only spend hours on building or making sims, not actually playing sims like I used to. And as others has mentioned I feel like it's too safe. I miss my sims dying because suddenly a satellite came crashing down or something! I miss burglers comming to rob me when I have little money. something to give me a challenge. Although I think the game improved with toddlers and with the parenthood, but still the same issue. alot of the same chance cards keep coming up so once I have done it.... so I might tire after just 20 minutes. I don't know if I would say it's outdated but it's just too simple, and the big features they talked about like emotions didn't really work out, for me at least.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited October 2018
    I felt like this earlier this year, thought I was done simming and didn't play the game for months. I came back to it later on when I wanted to play a nice casual game that I could run whilst watching TV. After returning to the forums and reading about Seasons, I got it and it really improved the game for me. Jungle Adventure has helped as well. I think the key for me is knowing when to take a break. There are so many other games around and it's easy to burn out on sims if you play it a lot in a short space of time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Oh everyone goes through that and thinking like that Since Sims 1. It comes and goes - and is sort of a regular part of Simming.

It would be more unusual for you not to encounter those kind of feelings with every sims game, than not - for sure - especially when you have dared to dream of what a future Sims game might be. Keep in mind our imaginations though are always 100 percent more than what any new game has ever delivered to be honest.

Usually when that kind of feelings over your present game passes - you reach a point after months of no Sims you'll come back. Many players start over even then try to go back to the game they were playing that brought those feelings, unless of course during your time away you have found another game to bide your time with - but either way if you are as addicted to the Sims as most of us become you will come back - especially when the next new thing is still 4-5 years from being a thing - because those little sims just get under your skin and make you miss manipulating those little pixels.

You feel that way - well because you are a Simmer.

I am playing since The sims 1 and Have been through those times A LOT where I just don't feel like playing anymore and then come back after months, sometimes a year and play again. This isn't one of those times or feelings. This is like i said, when TS3 got outdated by The Sims 4. I basically feel it's time for The sims 5. Im not in need of different ideas or new packs. I need a whole new game with things that The Sims 4 can't make possible.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I definitely have my moments where I feel like I'm not feeling TS4 anymore. I get into what I call a 'Simmers rut' and I'm just not motivated to play. I don't remember feeling like this with the other iterations. TS2 will always be my favorite and I can remember that Sims magic, where I could lost in that game for 6-8 hours straight, realizing I forgot to eat LOL. It's a rarity these days that I have that Sims magic where I just get lost in the game. But when I find myself getting bored....I usually start a new challenge....as I've realized that there are so many aspects of this game that I have yet to tap into. I'm currently playing Not So Berry and that challenge forces you to play in ways or experience careers and aspirations, traits, etc, that I never have before....which in turn, makes me more interested to play. I also do a lot more storytelling, where my Sim has a backstory....whereas in TS2 my focus was having my Sim stay alive. So my gameplay in TS4 is also enhanced by storytelling.

What I feel TS4 is severely lacking....is what others have already mentioned in this thread...and that is fear, danger, consequences, etc. Everything is so happy, happy. & it's always been my frustration for a game that centers around Sims with 'emotions' that our Sims don't react to these "negative" emotions such as anger, etc....they stick for 2 seconds to only be overruled by a happy moodlet. TS2 was always fun for me....because of the element of surprise & suspense...my Sim cheated, I had no idea the NPC was on the lot and you heard that music of 'doom' and the scorned Sim came over every single day to kick over the trashcan, steal the newspaper....and don't even think about trying to have a happy conversation with a Sim that angry, because it just wasn't happening. If a Sim cheats in TS4 or gets into a fight....they can hug it out, right after...and that just shouldn't happen. If my Sim is angry, I want them to be angry....not have a happy moodlet somewhere pop in and quickly change their mood. It would be nice to see consequences to actions. I would love to see random events happen, such as the meteor dropping out the sky killing a Sim (as someone previous mentioned).

For me, if EA added more danger, fear, consequences, random events....I think I'd really enjoy the game. There are already great features that I love....I'm just looking for them to expand upon what they have.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I purposely take a break from the game from time to time so I don't burn out. Especially when I tend to play the same sims while adopting the same careers for them lol. At least I build them an original house each new play-through.... lol that's a start.

It's normal to get bored of the game. (as was shared by Writin_Reg). I agree... it's all part of being a simmer. Maybe take a break, spend some time playing a different game for a bit, keep posting on the forum and soon maybe a conversation or two will have you missing the sims again.

Good luck.

This would be my advice to the OP as well. We share so many similarities with our little sims in our real lives. Its why, I think, that we always come back. Because, in the end, many of you...like me, have played through a lot of iterations of the game and life as well.

In my real life, since the Sims was introduced I: Graduated High School, Went to college, got my first job, got married and had a daughter, had many pets and lost many as well...and through it all, my little pixel people did like-wise. It creates a sort of connection that non-simmers don't always understand, but we always come back just like the little sims do when they get bored of one of their favorite activities. We go off and do/play something else until we miss our little pixelized companions.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.

A simple change of game for a while keeps things interesting for me, I have several other simulator games I rotationally play; I'll eventually hanker for my sims again. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I feel like I came to the point where I do not find TS4 so appealing any more. I have been thinking too much about a total new game for The sims and the current version suddenly seemed so outdated to me. Features that i know will never come unless there would be a complete new series, kind of make me not want to open my game. I have been playing the last month, every day, whole day with 4 household and their stories, but i just don't feel it any more. Even though i am in the middle of a story that usually gets me going.

I had this with TS3 when TS4 was announced and saw all the cool new features that weren't possible in the current game. But now we only have TS4 and I already feel like this. This game is too limited, no space for creativity, can't move/remove lots, adjust worlds, apartments, create new worlds. After playing a few generations, it's getting pretty boring to see the same things, world styles and views over and over again. The disappearing to everything like work/school etc., the fast arrangements where orders just pop up in your pocket or where sims barely have to move to get things done... It is starting to get me. It's too plain and easy. It's like a game from 10-15 years ago where more features would kill your device.
    It's not the same as where I wasn't happy with the limited options we got in the beginning in the sims 4 game, it's something else. i think im just done with it cause it starts to feel outdated for it's time and I have no hope these additions will be possible with the base of this game.

Someone else?

Honestly I feel like TS4 has given us everything it could. I think the next 3 years will most likely be filler content for the game instead of giving us new systems and such.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not me. I don't even care about whatever future games we might get right now because they're still so far off in my mind. Even if I get burnt out on it sometimes, I still enjoy playing TS4.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
    edited October 2018
    Not me. I don't even care about whatever future games we might get right now because they're still so far off in my mind. Even if I get burnt out on it sometimes, I still enjoy playing TS4.

Exactly - 5 years is a longggggg time waiting for the Sims 5 to come out and it's new system it's most likely getting.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Exactly - 5 years is a longggggg time waiting for the Sims 5 to come out and it's new system it's most likely getting. Think I would be happy to have what we know now compared to what Sims 5 is going to be like. At least Sims 4 resembles Sims 1 - 2 - and 3 and the game follows the same design and way to play. and of course the biggie is - it's here now and getting new stuff for at least 3 more years.... but Sims 5... maybe in the SEED program.... and all that involves? Hmmmm - think I'll ride the present train - at least I know where this one goes and how to play it.....

OK though - I will bite - what will you do with all that empty Sims time for the next 5 years waiting for a game you know nothing about and is rumored to be nothing like 1-2-3- or 4?

What makes you think it would take another 5 years? The most heard rumour says 2 years.
    edited October 2018

Exactly - 5 years is a longggggg time waiting for the Sims 5 to come out and it's new system it's most likely getting. Think I would be happy to have what we know now compared to what Sims 5 is going to be like. At least Sims 4 resembles Sims 1 - 2 - and 3 and the game follows the same design and way to play. and of course the biggie is - it's here now and getting new stuff for at least 3 more years.... but Sims 5... maybe in the SEED program.... and all that involves? Hmmmm - think I'll ride the present train - at least I know where this one goes and how to play it.....

OK though - I will bite - what will you do with all that empty Sims time for the next 5 years waiting for a game you know nothing about and is rumored to be nothing like 1-2-3- or 4?

What makes you think it would take another 5 years? The most heard rumour says 2 years.

A base game takes 3-4 years to make - Sims 4 is the way it is because of only having 2 years.

The game has not been even started yet - as they are still in hiring stage - and there is training stage for the new system that Andrew Wilson even said would not be ready for another 3-5 years.

Sims 4 is contracted for at least 3 more years which may be re-contracted for another 3 years if it still continues to do as well as it has steadily been doing. It's EA's 2nd highest earning game and has held steady -so it has a huge following that wants it to continue.

Also when EA actually officially announces the next rendition of the Sims - it is always announced officially about 18 to 22 months before it is projected to come out - and they start winding down production of the present game. As I said they are not even discussing winding down Sims 4 yet - in fact the last meeting Andrew Wilson was still heaping praise on how great it is doing. So believe me they won't be rushing out Sims 5. In fact as I said in about 2 years they will be deciding if they want to extend it another 3 years after these first three. Technically that would fit nicely in their plans for the next rendition to use the SEED Program and EA's own game engine - as it will definitely be ready by that time.

ETA - Of course with EA nothing is cast in stone until they cast it in stone officially and as long as they do not announce the next rendition officially - you know you are always still 2 years away until they do announce it. Besides where they are a public company they do have to tell the stockholder before they announce it officially to any of us - it's the way public companies work - (like how they cannot tell us anything coming until it is ready to publicly announce kind of thing) - so all they talk about still is Sims 4. Not even a hint about any other rendition of the Sims thus far.

In dreams - I LIVE!

A base game takes 3-4 years to make - Sims 4 is the way it is because of only having 2 years.

The game has not been even started yet - as they are still in hiring stage - and there is training stage for the new system that Andrew Wilson even said would not be ready for another 3-5 years.

Sims 4 is contracted for at least 3 more years which may be re-contracted for another 3 years if it still continues to do as well as it has steadily been doing. It's EA's 2nd highest earning game and has held steady -so it has a huge following that wants it to continue.

Also when EA actually officially announces the next rendition of the Sims - it is always announced officially about 18 to 22 months before it is projected to come out - and they start winding down production of the present game. As I said they are not even discussing winding down Sims 4 yet - in fact the last meeting Andrew Wilson was still heaping praise on how great it is doing. So believe me they won't be rushing out Sims 5. In fact as I said in about 2 years they will be deciding if they want to extend it another 3 years after these first three. Technically that would fit nicely in their plans for the next rendition to use the SEED Program and EA's own game engine - as it will definitely be ready by that time.

Just because they are hiring people to make sims (which isnt even sure), doesnt mean the game itself hasnt start developing. Of course they won't tell u that. If any, the first level would be done which they might have been working already since a few years. The sims 4 is already 4 years old and normally sims games come to and end around that time. The sims 4 is said to stay longer yes, but 5 years is waaay to long for the sims 5 to arrive. Don't know where you got that from, but I assume it's you own theory. They stopped making stuff packs for the sims 4 which would not happen if there were still 5 years to win money of them. They seem very careful to talk about The sims 5 or announce anything until the game is nearly done. They made this mistake with the sims 4, so they probably learned from it. The point is.. your theory about how 'well' the sims 4 does, does not say anything about the stage the sims 5 might be in. And who says they will take another 3 years above their contract?
    This is more of a personal opinion.

Btw let's not talk to much about The sims 5 here, cause the thread will then probably be moved to another section and this was mainly about The sims 4 ;)
    edited October 2018

Just because they are hiring people to make sims (which isnt even sure), doesnt mean the game itself hasnt start developing. Of course they won't tell u that. If any, the first level would be done which they might have been working already since a few years. The sims 4 is already 4 years old and normally sims games come to and end around that time. The sims 4 is said to stay longer yes, but 5 years is waaay to long for the sims 5 to arrive. Don't know where you got that from, but I assume it's you own theory. They stopped making stuff packs for the sims 4 which would not happen if there were still 5 years to win money of them. They seem very careful to talk about The sims 5 or announce anything until the game is nearly done. They made this mistake with the sims 4, so they probably learned from it. The point is.. your theory about how 'well' the sims 4 does, does not say anything about the stage the sims 5 might be in. And who says they will take another 3 years above their contract?
    This is more of a personal opinion.

Btw let's not talk to much about The sims 5 here, cause the thread will then probably be moved to another section and this was mainly about The sims 4 ;)

True.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Until I see some major bug fixes, this game is unplayable for me. I check in every month to see what if any bugs got fixed.
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    The MC Command Centre Mod was just recommended to me the other day and I've found this a massive help for spicing things up a bit. One of my big annoyances about TS4 was the fact that the relationships didn't feel real to me. If you didn't play a household, nothing would happen to them. No one would get married and have babies. Since I added MCCC my game has got more interesting. I was playing a new game anyway when I added it, now there are some crazy relationships happening. Older Sims are having same sex marriages after having heterosexual marriages and families. Sims are having affairs and having lots of babies. I can't wait to see how my game evolves now.

The great thing about it is the fact you can choose you're own settings. I enabled teens to have babies, because in the real world teens can have babies! J Huntington III got married, and as a teen his son has now had triplets with an older woman, who has just got married to someone else. Her new husband also has a baby with another woman who has since got married to someone else. I love all these complicated relationships. To me this is far more like real life

I was in exactly the same place where I was starting to get a bit bored of everything being really similar all the time. at least this Mod has added a bit of spice :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    You might be burned out on this game. And actually time to go find something else to do or return to a different one. Because I can honestly say, I would never dream of uninstalling TS2 or TS3, though, I hardly ever play TS3 but it's there in case I get the whim again one day. TS4, I left behind over a year ago, and unlike the other games I haven't seen anything that can tempt me to reinstall it. I stopped at Parenthood. I have never left the other games for this amount of time. I have always picked TS2 back up or even played in TS3 for a few months between breaks of TS2 etc. But once you return to the other games, you start to see that bright colors and flat textureless art style is more annoying than you first realized. Then you start to think, wow, these Sims are more annoying than when I first played TS4, so you eventually say it's enough and though some love it because it's light weight version of the others, it's not deep enough for your taste. And honestly, I don't know how some can play the same aspirations and careers over and over and over for four years. With the same base game rewards etc. Hardly any new traits and hardly any (if any) new emotions added in four years. If you can't feel it, then it doesn't exist. :#
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2018
    I feel like I haven't truly played this game yet because I am avoiding all the features, other than giving them a whirl when they first come out.
    This game is advancing so slowly that I am holding back to avoid burnout. You might also say basic game-play wasn't compelling enough to absorb me into the game from the beginning.

The first three years of the game, I only played the young adult stage, because I didn't like teens and we didn't have toddlers. I only started seriously playing when we got toddlers and Parenthood. I am still kind of holding back because all the young sims I am playing will be going to University. So it's only a matter of time before I lock down my game again, waiting for University.

This is the slowest I have ever played any Sim series.
    I am playing the same sims since the start of the game.
    07-15-16_1-43-53nbspAM.png

I started them over again last year and made all of them toddlers with parents, as well as put some of the more unusual ones in an orphanage.
    (Cat sims, alien, vampire, Meadow Thayer). Meadow and my vampire sim are the first to become teens.
    06-24-18_8-30-36nbspAM.png

I have mainly been focusing on my orphanage, since they are the most fun to play, so I haven't been playing the careers all that much. I have barely touched the normal households with parents, but their time is now at hand.

I go on with more detail and pictures, but I am spoiler tagging the rest for those who don't want to scroll past all this. :#
    I feel like we are being held back creatively with this version of The Sims.
    My main joy was actually subverting the art style to become a little more realistic with object meshes and textures that had more detail. Unfortunately Pets and Seasons were a major setback as I had to get rid of certain furniture objects and my grass textures and more realistic trees are not compatible with Seasons.

I was liking how things were looking.
    My main CC providers have now updated their creations, so soon I will go back to bring back all the objects Cats decided they wanted to park their butts on. I am still waiting on Grass and Trees though.
    09-11-16_3-46-18nbspPM.png

08-28-16_6-06-57nbspPM.png

God, I love this TS2 window in TS4!
    04-16-17_1-38-08nbspPM.png

I find this odd, but the main thing I was really excited about in this game was using City Living and Get Together to have my sims attend CosPlay events. At the time, it did bother me that I was having young adults do this since I wasn't playing teens. I have a lot dedicated to this where my teens can hangout when there isn't a GeekCon going on.
    09-26-16_8-22-08nbspAM.png

It's mainly because I was having fun finding iconic costumes for them to wear. I probably wouldn't be as excited if I only used in game costumes. I am only using the Starwars costumes provided by Maxis, the rest are CC. Soon a large group of my sims will be teens and I can let them enjoy their CosPlay hobby.

Also the Vampires game pack will soon coming into play for the first time for me since a major story event will be kicking off between several of my characters. Which brings up a major element required for me to enjoy this game.
    07-24-18_12-23-02nbspPM.png

Game play and personality traits don't seem to be enough for me to enjoy this game. My sims and the stories I tell with them is required much more than they were in TS2 and TS3, because interesting, expected, and surprising things don't seem to happen in this game like they did in the others. Traits don't feel like they are making sims unique either.

I am marching along with this game, taking it slow, trying not to burnout on what we have as I wait for other packs that I feel will complete this game for me. It does concern me that the core game play is lacking that certain something that absorbed me into the other games, but I think I can make up for it with the sims I make and the stories I tell.

I have been avoiding TS3 because I plan to go back to it when TS4 ends, and if a completed TS4 can't hold my interest long, or I need TS4 breaks.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited October 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You might be burned out on this game. And actually time to go find something else to do or return to a different one. Because I can honestly say, I would never dream of uninstalling TS2 or TS3, though, I hardly ever play TS3 but it's there in case I get the whim again one day. TS4, I left behind over a year ago, and unlike the other games I haven't seen anything that can tempt me to reinstall it. I stopped at Parenthood. I have never left the other games for this amount of time. I have always picked TS2 back up or even played in TS3 for a few months between breaks of TS2 etc. But once you return to the other games, you start to see that bright colors and flat textureless art style is more annoying than you first realized. Then you start to think, wow, these Sims are more annoying than when I first played TS4, so you eventually say it's enough and though some love it because it's light weight version of the others, it's not deep enough for your taste. And honestly, I don't know how some can play the same aspirations and careers over and over and over for four years. With the same base game rewards etc. Hardly any new traits and hardly any (if any) new emotions added in four years. If you can't feel it, then it doesn't exist. :#

I actually feel the opposite - as we have literally hundreds of games - some not even a year old and when ever I think I want to play something else - within an hour I have already changed games 5 times because not a one of them is like the Sims as in no freedom to do what I want to do using no rules or having to find some useless weapon or armour or worse wait to reach a level or some other ignorant thing the game has the nerve to tell me I must do as if I am some mindless drone waiting for a games commands.

It is belittling and demeaning todays games with all their goals and rules - when I just want to do what I want to do - no goals - no requirements - just build, or grow a family or get any career I feel like it - with no demanding I do or have this or that first... Even if it has some requirements in skills you have ample choices of how to reach that level in the Sims. I have been spoiled and cannot enjoy myself when a silly game makes the rules.

Even the simplest games are demanding - says I have to have so many friends or buy some crazy thing or other to do something or worse earn more time to play. Are they nuts? People like this? I cannot imagine how I ever used to love stuff like that - now it's all so demeaning.

I will simply start a different kind of game in my Sims - believe me most games do not cut it now a days no matter how much we pay for them. Even Fallout 4 quickly went down the tubes for me - and that had a degree of freedom - but not enough to make me who owns the darn game to feel I am in charge and I make the rules. ONLY the Sims games do that - and that's a fact......

I also have games going in Sims 2 and 3 - so I also step into one of those games now and then. I especially like jetting off to the Future world in ITF and working on some of my robots and such. I like that instrument that comes with ITF as well so enjoy my sim playing a few songs and such. I love all the hoover craft to and visiting with my sims future relatives.

I do tend to miss that world the most playing Sims 2 or 4 - I do have to admit that and of course some of Rflongs amazing CAW worlds. But I really don't have a hard time getting back into stories I have going in Sims 4 either. Just any non-sims game lately I find so boring - even some of my newest ones. So I know the Sims has really spoiled me for all the old and newest versions of games I used to love. It's the freedom missing in all other games. It really is to me.

In dreams - I LIVE!