Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together Club Icons

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi everyone,

I know there has been interest in adding to the list of club icons, but I haven't seen anyone do it yet.

Here's something to get you started: see the tunable CLUB_ICONS in clubs-club_tuning.tdesc. That contains a list of icons that can be used for clubs. In theory it might be as simple as adding entries to that list, although I am a not 100% sure as I have not actually tried it myself, but I think that should be it. Lmk if you have troubles.

-SGMS
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2015
    I already tried that before, but it doesn't seem to be as simple as adding icons to the list. The icons I added didn't show up. :/ (I tried both the XML and the DATA file)
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Oops yeah there is a little more going on here than I thought. I will take a closer look when I get the chance. Could you post your non-working test mod so I can use it for testing?

Thanks,
    SGMS
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    I already deleted the XML file (it was going to be part of my More than 8 Club Members mod, which uses the same file, but I removed the extra icons from the list because it wasn't working) but I still have the DATA file, which I've now re-packaged. If the XML is important then I can recreate it, but UI mods have usually been able to work with just the DATA.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=18F586082025EE2F!388&authkey=!ANGJuiwUkGABeD0&ithint=folder,zip

(OneDrive seems to be going down a lot at the moment, so here's a backup link in case the above one doesn't work: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mh4ty0ff737a46s/Zerbu_-_More_Club_Icons.zip)

There are 229 new icons added - I'm not sure if having that many would cause performance issues since I haven't seen it working. Some of them are from Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat or Spa Day, and I'm not sure what would happen if you don't have those installed.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    @Zerbu You are the best, can I just say that. <3 And someday because of your endurance there shall be Icons, by Golly there shall be Icons.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    djacquelynstew said let there be icons, and the evening and the morning were the 3rd EP.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited December 2015
    The only thing that annoyes me is that if someone did this mod any other mod adding icons will end conflicting
    So you would have to download one of them
    edit: i tried deleting some of the existing icons but this didnt effect anything ingame maybe its some other file or something
    Post edited by husseinandali on
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Ok here is what is going on.

There is a bug in the DATA export pipeline that is erroneously exporting some tuning twice, as two different resources. I expect that one of the two resources is not being used at all, but need to investigate further to know for sure. The mod you have provided contains the one that does not look to be used, the key you should use is 545ac67a:006ca304:eb17356affd08ae8. I actually suggest that mods should contain both versions of the resource in case we make a fix that results in the game loading the other version, this is probably unlikely but can't say for certain until I understand why this is happening.

I have attached a better working version of your mod.

The next problem you will encounter is that club icons actually require three textures: 1) a large version (the one specified in the tuning), 2) a small version, and 3) one that is used for the 3D rendering. The keys for the other two resources are derived from the instance specified in the tuning. As follows:
    Large           fnv1 of "filename"          (specified in tuning)
    Small           fnv1 of "filename_Small"
    3D texture      fnv1 of "filename_01"

For example, the Atom icon in the Get Together data is as follows:
    00b2d882:00000000:1e76bce248b8a218    clubIndicator_EP02crownAtom
    00b2d882:00000000:67d78fb2bdbb03d4    clubIndicator_EP02crownAtom_Small
    00b2d882:00000000:991e42706742b66e    clubIndicator_EP02crownAtom_01

Note that you will need to lay out the 3D texture in the same manner that ours is laid out.

Hope that gets you up and running,
    SGMS
  • brittpinkiebrittpinkie Posts: 52 Member
    > @husseinandali said:
    > The only thing that annoyes me is that if someone did this mod any other mod adding icons will end conflicting
    > So you would have to download one of them
    > edit: i tried deleting some of the existing icons but this didnt effect anything ingame maybe its some other file or something

Was anyone able to figure out how to delete the existing ones? I want to make some custom icons and I figured out how to do it using Zerbu's .package file, but I'd like to be able to just upload my own, and not all 230+ or whatever. Thanks! :)
  • PixaraTVPixaraTV Posts: 5 New Member
    From where do I get the clubs-club_tuning.tdesc?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top