Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notifications Not Working... Again!

2...Next

Comments

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    @EA_Mage The most recent example would be the thread titled “I know it’s just a game...” under General Discussion. I am unable to create a link to it because it has been closed for some reason without explanation. There were a few replies to my posts in this thread that I did not get notifications for.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @ehaught58 Just to double check, did you have that thread bookmarked?

For threads that you did not start you will only get notifications for posts where you were @ tagged or if you have the thread bookmarked.

(Unless of course you have the "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." notification enabled. )
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    @ehaught58 Just to double check, did you have that thread bookmarked?

For threads that you did not start you will only get notifications for posts where you were @ tagged or if you have the thread bookmarked.

(Unless of course you have the "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." notification enabled. )

I do not believe the @ was used, it was a reply to a post, like I am replying to your (this) post. I used to get notifications for replies to my posts. Did you get a notification for me replying to this post?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    @EA_Mage If someone uses “quote” and replies to my post, shouldn’t I get a notification?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can y’all fix it so when someone quotes us regardless of using an @ or not we get notifications?
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2018
    Hi @ehaught58 and @Chazzzy ,

Just quoting someone does not trigger a notification for the person who is quoted, you are only notified when someone @tags you or you have the discussions bookmarked (or you have the participated discussions notification on). This is actually not something that is broken - it is working as designed.

Thank you very much for the feedback on this!

Mage
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hi @ehaught58 and @Chazzzy ,

Just quoting someone does not trigger a notification for the person who is quoted, you are only notified when someone @tags you or you have the discussions bookmarked (or you have the participated discussions notification on). This is actually not something that is broken - it is working as designed.

Thank you very much for the feedback on this!

Mage

Why do we have to bookmark a whole discussion just to be notified someone quoted us? That seems counterintuitive.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2018
    @EA_Mage, Quotes still do sometimes give a notification. I just got one today. During the first couple years in the game, I always got them. For the last (give or take) year, I only periodically get them. This may be why people keep asking about it. Just thought you might want to know.

ETA: It could possibly be because the quote includes a tag.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm getting notified sometimes when I'm tagged, but not always.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited October 2018
    I am not receiving notifications for anything except one bookmarked thread about Guru tweets. I have not visited my wall for about two weeks until today, and found several posts that I was not notified for. I also visited a couple of threads that I have recently posted in and saw some replies and tags to me that I was also not notified for. Seems like it is getting worse than better. @EA_Tom @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian
    Post edited by ehaught58 on
    fkgck4xkargo.png

LOL! Thanks @simgirl1010 I had no idea.... :blush:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • EA_TomEA_Tom Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2018
    Heyo,

I'll check what's going on. Thank you for notifying me.

@ehaught58 - could you let me know the link / timestamp of any content you were not notified for? I'll need that for us to investigate.

-Tom
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can y’all fix it so when someone quotes us regardless of using an @ or not we get notifications?

I agree with this. I am missing out on a lot of replies because people respond with a quote and I never am notified about it. Maybe it should be optional... have an on/off toggle in settings.
    edited October 2018
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Heyo,

@ehaught58 - could you let me know the link / timestamp of any content you were not notified for? I'll need that for us to investigate.

-Tom

Well, you can use your reply to this thread as an example. I did not receive notification that you replied, and would not have known if I did not come back to check this thread. Also, any posts on my wall are examples, too. @EA_Tom
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Heyo,

-Tom

Well, you can use your reply to this thread as an example. I did not receive notification that you replied, and would not have known if I did not come back to check this thread. Also, any posts on my wall are examples, too. @EA_Tom

We get notifications for our wall posts?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Heyo,

-Tom

@paradiseplanet, According to our "Preference" page, we do have a box to check off when others comment on our post on the wall but it doesn't work like it's suppose to.

See the picture below where I have that box checked off where it says "Notify me when people reply to my wall comments". So I'm assuming that whenever we make posts on our wall and others comment on them, that we're suppose to get notified when they do but we don't.
    Pc379n6l.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @lisasc360 Interesting, I honestly don't remember this setting; I've never had notifs for any wall posts since I joined this forum last year.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Heyo,

-Tom

@paradiseplanet, According to our "Preference" page, we do have a box to check off when others comment on our post on the wall but it doesn't work like it's suppose to.

See the picture below where I have that box checked off where it says "Notify me when people reply to my wall comments". So I'm assuming that whenever we make posts on our wall and others comment on them, that we're suppose to get notified when they do but we don't.
    Pc379n6l.png

This must be working now because @rosemow posted on my wall after I said I was going to miss the Twitch livestream because of a dental appointment (which I did miss the livestream). I got the notification she posted on my wall when I got home.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Heyo,

-Tom

Pc379n6l.png

This must be working now because @rosemow posted on my wall after I said I was going to miss the Twitch livestream because of a dental appointment (which I did miss the livestream). I got the notification she posted on my wall when I got home.

Yeah it works when someone makes a post on our wall but when we make a post on our own wall and others comment to our post, it doesn't work. So say I post on my wall some pictures of my game and others go to comment on my original post, I don't receive any notification about anyone posting on my post even though I do have the "Notify me when people reply to my wall comments" box checked off. So from reading that, I'm under the assumption that we're suppose to get notify on Postings that we make on our own wall.

The notifications work sometimes for our wall and sometimes they don't. Take for instance, I had someone posting on my this morning but I didn't receive any notification whatsoever about it. I only knew that I had someone posting over there as I had been viewing the "Activity Wall" and spotted it but didn't see any notification about it.
  • klimna2klimna2 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am subscribed to quite a few youtube channels and I have the bell ticked to receive all new videos from them. However all of a sudden I am not receiving any video notifications, it had been a couple of days now..Please could someone tell why this happened as I really want to be notified of all new uploads..Thanks!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    klimna2 wrote: »
    I am subscribed to quite a few youtube channels and I have the bell ticked to receive all new videos from them. However all of a sudden I am not receiving any video notifications, it had been a couple of days now..Please could someone tell why this happened as I really want to be notified of all new uploads..Thanks!

Hello @klimna2
    I am sorry that you are not getting notifications of videos anymore. Perhaps if you post in the Video Haven section of the forums, YouTube simmers may be able to help you
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven